Words containing se
3 letter words containing se
4 letter words containing se
5 letter words containing se
- abase — to humble or belittle (oneself, etc)
- abuse — Abuse of someone is cruel and violent treatment of them.
- alsek — a river in the Yukon Territory of NW Canada and SE Alaska, flowing S to the Pacific Ocean. 260 miles (418 km) long.
- amuse — If something amuses you, it makes you want to laugh or smile.
- anise — Anise is a plant with seeds that have a strong smell and taste. It is often made into an alcoholic drink.
6 letter words containing se
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abaser — a person who abases
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
7 letter words containing se
- abioses — the absence or lack of life; a nonviable state.
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
- abscise — to separate or be separated by abscission
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- absents — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
8 letter words containing se
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- absented — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absentee — An absentee is a person who is expected to be in a particular place but who is not there.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
9 letter words containing se
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- absentees — a person who is absent, especially from work or school.
- absenting — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
10 letter words containing se
- addressees — the person, company, or the like to whom a piece of mail is addressed.
- advertised — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
- advertiser — An advertiser is a person or company that pays for a product, event, or job to be advertised in a newspaper, on television, or on a poster.
- advisement — consultation; deliberation
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
11 letter words containing se
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- absentness' — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- accessorise — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
12 letter words containing se
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- ambisextrous — Informal. sexually attracted to both sexes; bisexual. used by or suitable for either sex; unisex: ambisextrous hair styles.
- amuse-bouche — an appetizer before a meal
- amuse-gueule — amuse-bouche.
13 letter words containing se
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- advertisement — An advertisement is an announcement in a newspaper, on television, or on a poster about something such as a product, event, or job.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- anaesthetised — anesthetize.
14 letter words containing se
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- aftersensation — an afterimage.
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
15 letter words containing se
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- anti-separatist — a person who separates, withdraws, or secedes, as from an established church.
- antivivisection — opposed to the act or practice or performing experiments on living animals, involving cutting into or dissecting the body
- asset-stripping — If a person or company is involved in asset-stripping, they buy companies cheaply, sell off their assets to make a profit, and then close the companies down.
- basse-normandie — a region of NW France, on the English Channel: consists of the Cherbourg peninsula in the west rising to the Normandy hills in the east; mainly agricultural
16 letter words containing se
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anti-segregation — the act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group: gender segregation in some fundamentalist religions.
- anti-sentimental — expressive of or appealing to sentiment, especially the tender emotions and feelings, as love, pity, or nostalgia: a sentimental song.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
17 letter words containing se
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- arithmetic-series — a sequence in which each term is obtained by the addition of a constant number to the preceding term, as 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, and 6, 1, −4, −9, −14.
18 letter words containing se
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
19 letter words containing se
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
20 letter words containing se
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
22 letter words containing se
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
24 letter words containing se
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
25 letter words containing se
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
26 letter words containing se
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
28 letter words containing se
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with SE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 19007 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.