Words containing sc
3 letter words containing sc
4 letter words containing sc
- aesc — an Old English runic letter, comprising the letters 'A' and 'E'
- asch — Sholem (ˈʃəʊləm). 1880–1957, US writer, born in Poland, who wrote in Yiddish. His works include biblical novels
- asci — ascus
- ascs — Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service
- ascu — Association of State Colleges and Universities
5 letter words containing sc
- ascap — American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers
- ascii — American standard code for information interchange: a computer code for representing alphanumeric characters
- asco- — indicating a bladder or ascus
- ascon — a type of sponge having an oval shape and a thin body wall with pores leading directly into the spongocoel.
- ascot — a cravat with wide square ends, usually secured with an ornamental stud
6 letter words containing sc
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- afscme — American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
- ascend — If you ascend a hill or staircase, you go up it.
- ascent — An ascent is an upward journey, especially when you are walking or climbing.
- ascham — Roger. ?1515–68, English humanist writer and classical scholar: tutor to Queen Elizabeth I
7 letter words containing sc
8 letter words containing sc
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- acescent — slightly sour or turning sour
- adscript — a serf bound to the land which they work or occupy, and who can be bought or sold along with it
- aesculin — a chemical found in the bark of horse-chestnut trees
- airscrew — an aircraft propeller
9 letter words containing sc
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
10 letter words containing sc
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- accrescent — (of a calyx or other part) continuing to grow after flowering
- acquiesced — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- acquiesces — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
11 letter words containing sc
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accrescence — continual increase
- acquiescent — Someone who is acquiescent is ready to agree to do what someone wants, or to accept what they do.
- acquiescing — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
12 letter words containing sc
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- adscititious — added or supplemental; additional
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- after-school — After-school activities are those that are organized for children in the afternoon or evening after they have finished school.
13 letter words containing sc
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- anthroposcopy — physiognomy (def 2).
14 letter words containing sc
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- antiscientific — opposed to the principles, methods, or aims of science
- archiepiscopal — of or associated with an archbishop
15 letter words containing sc
- archiepiscopacy — a form of church government in which power is vested in archbishops.
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- atherosclerosis — a degenerative disease of the arteries characterized by patchy thickening of the inner lining of the arterial walls, caused by deposits of fatty material; a form of arteriosclerosis
- autoschediastic — offhand, with little forethought or preparation
16 letter words containing sc
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
- arteriosclerotic — degenerative changes in the arteries, characterized by thickening of the vessel walls and accumulation of calcium with consequent loss of elasticity and lessened blood flow.
- chinese-hibiscus — Also called Bengal rose. a rose, Rosa chinensis, of China, having slightly fragrant crimson, pink, or white flowers.
- discombobulation — to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: The speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers.
- discriminatorily — characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of bias related to age, color, national origin, religion, sex, etc.: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.
17 letter words containing sc
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
18 letter words containing sc
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
19 letter words containing sc
21 letter words containing sc
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing sc
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
23 letter words containing sc
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words with SC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7068 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.