Words containing roo
4 letter words containing roo
- broo — broth, liquor, or juice
- proo — (to a horse) stop!
- rood — a crucifix, especially a large one at the entrance to the choir or chancel of a medieval church, often supported on a rood beam or rood screen.
- roof — the external upper covering of a house or other building.
- rook — one of two pieces of the same color that may be moved any number of unobstructed squares horizontally or vertically; castle.
5 letter words containing roo
- -eroo — forming humorous slangy nouns from other nouns
- -room — -room combines with numbers to form adjectives which tell you how many rooms a house or apartment contains.
- brood — A brood is a group of baby birds that were born at the same time to the same mother.
- brook — A brook is a small stream.
- brool — a low roaring sound, a deep murmur
6 letter words containing roo
- -proof — -proof combines with nouns and verbs to form adjectives which indicate that something cannot be damaged or badly affected by the thing or action mentioned.
- brooch — A brooch is a small piece of jewellery which has a pin at the back so it can be fastened on a dress, blouse, or coat.
- broody — You say that someone is broody when they are thinking a lot about something in an unhappy way.
- brooke — Alan Francis
- brooks — Geraldine. born 1955, Australian writer. Her novels include March (2005), which won the Pulitzer prize
7 letter words containing roo
- -roofed — -roofed combines with adjectives and nouns to form adjectives that describe what kind of roof a building has.
- -roomed — -roomed combines with numbers to form adjectives which tell you how many rooms a house or flat contains.
- abrooke — to bear or tolerate
- barroom — A barroom is a room or building in which alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
- bedroom — A bedroom is a room used for sleeping in.
8 letter words containing roo
- -chroous — coloured in a specified way
- achroous — Colorless; achromatic.
- airproof — impervious to air
- alumroot — any of several North American plants of the saxifragaceous genus Heuchera, having small white, reddish, or green bell-shaped flowers and astringent roots
- anteroom — An anteroom is a small room leading into a larger room.
9 letter words containing roo
- age-proof — not adversely affected by a person's age
- alumroots — Plural form of alumroot.
- anterooms — Plural form of anteroom.
- aroostook — river in N Me., flowing into the St. John River in New Brunswick, Canada: c. 140 mi (225 km)
- arrowroot — Arrowroot is a substance obtained from a West Indian plant. It is used in cooking, for example for thickening sauces or in making biscuits.
10 letter words containing roo
- -bedroomed — -bedroomed combines with numbers to form adjectives which indicate how many bedrooms a particular house or flat has.
- acid-proof — resistant to the action of acid
- alanbrooke — Alan Francis Brooke, 1st Viscount. 1883–1963, British field marshal; chief of Imperial General Staff (1941–46)
- bitterroot — a pink flower with an edible root found growing in America
- bridegroom — A bridegroom is a man who is getting married.
11 letter words containing roo
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- beaverbrook — 1st Baron, title of William Maxwell Aitken. 1879–1964, British newspaper proprietor and Conservative politician, born in Canada, whose newspapers included the Daily Express; minister of information (1918); minister of aircraft production (1940–41)
- bolingbrook — a city in NE Illinois.
- brooklynese — the speech, especially the pronunciation, thought to be characteristic of a person coming from New York City, especially Brooklyn.
- broomballer — a person who plays broomball
12 letter words containing roo
- bullet-proof — Something that is bullet-proof is made of a strong material that bullets cannot pass through.
- burglarproof — safeguarded or secure against burglary.
- childproofed — Simple past tense and past participle of childproof.
- counterproof — a reverse impression of a newly printed proof of an engraving made by laying it while wet upon plain paper and passing it through the press
- cybertrooper — (in Malaysia) An activist who uses cyberspace.
13 letter words containing roo
- burglar-proof — designed to be secure and to frustrate any attempted burglary
- counterproofs — Plural form of counterproof.
- drownproofing — a survival technique, for swimmers or nonswimmers, in which the body is allowed to float vertically in the water, with the head submerged, the lungs filled with air, and the arms and legs relaxed, the head being raised to breathe every ten seconds or so.
- electrooptics — the technology that deals with the production, control, and detection of light by electrical devices
- flameproofing — Present participle of flameproof.
14 letter words containing roo
- electroosmosis — osmosis through a membrane that is caused by the action of an electric field, usually such a field generated by two electrodes, one on each side of the membrane
- microorganisms — any organism too small to be viewed by the unaided eye, as bacteria, protozoa, and some fungi and algae.
- recessionproof — not susceptible to an economic recession: a recessionproof economy; He wants a long-term contract to make his job recessionproof.
- waterproofness — The property of being waterproof.
- weatherproofed — Simple past tense and past participle of weatherproof.
15 letter words containing roo
- butcher's-broom — a liliaceous evergreen shrub, Ruscus aculeatus, that has stiff prickle-tipped flattened green stems, which resemble and function as true leaves. The plant was formerly used for making brooms
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
- draughtproofing — Present participle of draughtproof.
- inflation-proof — not affected by inflation
- rheumatism-root — spotted wintergreen.
17 letter words containing roo
- british-cameroons — German Kamerun. a region in W Africa: a German protectorate 1884–1919; divided in 1919 into British and French mandates.
- proof-of-purchase — a sales slip, label, box top, or other item associated with a product that is presentable as evidence of actual purchase, as for claiming a refund or rebate.
- tongue-and-groove — the technique of making a joint between two boards by means of a tongue along the edge of one board that fits into a groove along the edge of the other board
18 letter words containing roo
- neuroophthalmology — the branch of ophthalmology that deals with the optic nerve and other nervous system structures involved in vision.
21 letter words containing roo
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
On this page, we collect all words with ROO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1225 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ROO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.