Words containing ro
4 letter words containing ro
5 letter words containing ro
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- acro- — denoting something at a height, summit, top, tip, beginning, or end
- acron — the unsegmented, preoral portion of the body of an arthropod.
- aero- — aero- is used at the beginning of words, especially nouns, that refer to things or activities connected with air or movement through the air.
- afro- — Afro- is used to form adjectives and nouns that describe something that is connected with Africa.
6 letter words containing ro
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- adroit — Someone who is adroit is quick and skilful in their thoughts, behaviour, or actions.
- aerobe — an organism that requires oxygen for respiration
- aeron. — aeronautics
7 letter words containing ro
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- acaroid — resembling a mite or tick
- acerola — a small tree or shrub, Malpighia glabra, that grows in the rainforests of N South America, Central America, and Jamaica
- acerose — shaped like a needle, as pine leaves
8 letter words containing ro
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
- abumeron — Avenzoar.
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- accutron — a type of watch in which the balance wheel and hairspring are replaced by a tuning fork kept in vibration by a tiny internal battery
9 letter words containing ro
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- aboudikro — the wood of a sapele.
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- abrogator — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
10 letter words containing ro
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abrogation — the act or an instance of abrogating, or repealing: abrogation of the treaty's responsibility.
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
11 letter words containing ro
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
12 letter words containing ro
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
- aelurophilia — ailurophilia.
- aelurophobia — ailurophobia.
13 letter words containing ro
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
14 letter words containing ro
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing ro
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
16 letter words containing ro
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing ro
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
18 letter words containing ro
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
19 letter words containing ro
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing ro
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
22 letter words containing ro
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing ro
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with RO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 23530 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.