Words containing rig
3 letter words containing rig
- rig — Chiefly Nautical. to put in proper order for working or use. to fit (a ship, mast, etc.) with the necessary shrouds, stays, etc. to fit (shrouds, stays, sails, etc.) to the mast, yard, or the like.
4 letter words containing rig
- brig — A brig is a type of ship with two masts and square sails.
- frig — to copulate with.
- grig — a cricket or grasshopper.
- prig — Chiefly British. a thief.
- riga — a republic in N Europe, on the Baltic, S of Estonia, an independent state 1918–40; annexed by the Soviet Union 1940; regained independence 1991. 25,395 sq. mi. (63,700 sq. km). Capital: Riga.
5 letter words containing rig
6 letter words containing rig
- aright — correctly; rightly; properly
- auriga — a conspicuous constellation in the N hemisphere between the Great Bear and Orion, at the edge of the Milky Way. It contains the first magnitude star Capella and the supergiant eclipsing binary star Epsilon Aurigae
- briggs — Henry. 1561–1631, English mathematician: introduced common logarithms
- bright — A bright colour is strong and noticeable, and not dark.
- brigid — Bridget2 (of Ireland)
7 letter words containing rig
- -rigged — (of a sailing vessel) having a rig of a certain kind
- alright — all right
- arigato — (Japanese, colloquial) thank you.
- aurigny — one of the Channel Islands, in the English Channel: separated from the French coast by a dangerous tidal channel (the Race of Alderney). Pop: 2294 (2001). Area: 8 sq km (3 sq miles)
- awright — (slang, informal) Okay; indication of approval. Variant colloquial form of \"all right\". Sometimes \"awight\" or \"ah'ight\".
8 letter words containing rig
- aborigin — (obsolete) Aborigine. (Attested from the early 17th century until the mid 19th century.).
- acarigua — city in NW Venezuela: pop. 126,000
- affright — to frighten
- albright — Horace Marden [mahrd-n] /ˈmɑrd n/ (Show IPA), 1890–1987, U.S. conservationist and cofounder of the National Park Service.
- allright — yes; very well; OK: All right, I'll go with you.
9 letter words containing rig
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- agrigento — a town in Italy, in SW Sicily: site of six Greek temples. Pop: 54 619 (2001)
- all-right — safe; sound: Are you all right?
- alt-right — (in the US) a political movement whose supporters hold extreme right-wing views and reject mainstream politics
- arkwright — Sir Richard. 1732–92, English cotton manufacturer: inventor of the spinning frame (1769) which produced cotton thread strong enough to be used as a warp
10 letter words containing rig
11 letter words containing rig
- aboriginals — Plural form of aboriginal.
- affrightful — causing fright or alarm
- affrighting — Present participle of affright.
- aurignacian — of, relating to, or produced during a flint culture of the Upper Palaeolithic type characterized by the use of bone and antler tools, pins, awls, etc, and also by cave art and evidence of the beginnings of religion
- balbriggans — underwear made from balbriggan fabric, for example long men's underpants
12 letter words containing rig
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- affrightedly — in a frightened or alarmed manner
- affrightment — the act of causing fear or alarm
- bright-field — of or relating to the illuminated region about the object of a microscope.
13 letter words containing rig
- aboriginalism — a view of aboriginal cultures as being primitive and exotic, and having little to do with the modern world
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- copyrightable — the exclusive right to make copies, license, and otherwise exploit a literary, musical, or artistic work, whether printed, audio, video, etc.: works granted such right by law on or after January 1, 1978, are protected for the lifetime of the author or creator and for a period of 70 years after his or her death.
- corrigibility — The quality or state of being corrigible.
- cutter-rigged — fore-and-aft-rigged on one mast in the manner of a cutter.
14 letter words containing rig
- forthrightness — The characteristic or quality of being forthright.
- intertriginous — (medicine) Of or relating to intertrigo.
- non-irrigation — the artificial application of water to land to assist in the production of crops.
- quadrigeminate — made up of four parts
- right-thinking — having acceptably proper or correct convictions, beliefs, etc.
15 letter words containing rig
- brights-disease — a disease characterized by albuminuria and heightened blood pressure.
- churrigueresque — of or relating to a style of baroque architecture of Spain in the late 17th and early 18th centuries
- frigidoreceptor — a receptor stimulated by cold.
- incorrigibility — not corrigible; bad beyond correction or reform: incorrigible behavior; an incorrigible liar.
- over-irrigation — the artificial application of water to land to assist in the production of crops.
16 letter words containing rig
18 letter words containing rig
- kirkcudbrightshire — a historic county in SW Scotland.
19 letter words containing rig
- talleyrand-perigord — Charles Maurice de [sharl moh-rees duh] /ʃarl moʊˈris də/ (Show IPA), Prince de Bénévent [duh bey-ney-vahn] /də beɪ neɪˈvɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1754–1838, French statesman.
20 letter words containing rig
- refrigerator-freezer — a large appliance housing one compartment for refrigerating food and another for freezing.
On this page, we collect all words with RIG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 929 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RIG that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.