Words containing rid
3 letter words containing rid
- rid — to sit on and manage (a horse, bicycle, etc.) so as to be carried along.
4 letter words containing rid
- arid — Arid land is so dry that very few plants can grow on it.
- grid — a grating of crossed bars; gridiron.
- irid — any plant belonging to the Iridaceae, the iris family.
- ride — to sit on and manage a horse or other animal in motion; be carried on the back of an animal.
- rids — to clear, disencumber, or free of something objectionable (usually followed by of): I want to rid the house of mice. In my opinion, you'd be wise to rid yourself of the smoking habit.
5 letter words containing rid
6 letter words containing rid
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
- aridly — being without moisture; extremely dry; parched: arid land; an arid climate.
- arride — to gladden or give pleasure or satisfaction to (a person)
- astrid — a female given name: from Scandinavian, meaning “divine strength.”.
- auride — (inorganic chemistry) Any anion of gold; any salt containing such an anion.
7 letter words containing rid
- -ridden — -ridden combines with nouns to form adjectives that describe something as having a lot of a particular undesirable thing or quality, or suffering very much because of it.
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- acarids — Plural form of acarid.
- acridid — locust (def 1).
- acridly — In a harsh or corrosive manner.
8 letter words containing rid
- -riddled — -riddled combines with nouns to form adjectives that describe something as being full of a particular undesirable thing or quality.
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- abridger — One who abridges. (First attested in the mid 16th century.).
- abridges — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abridge.
- acridine — a colourless crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes. Formula: C13H9N
9 letter words containing rid
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- acaridian — any mite or tick belonging to the order Acarina
- acridness — Bitterness or acerbity.
- amiloride — a potassium-sparing diuretic, C 6 H 8 ClN 7 O, used in the treatment of hypertension.
- anhydride — a compound that has been formed from another compound by dehydration
10 letter words containing rid
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- aerobridge — A telescoping corridor that extends from an airport terminal to an aircraft and allows secure boarding and disembarkation of passengers.
- anhydrides — Plural form of anhydride.
- antheridia — a male reproductive structure producing gametes, occurring in ferns, mosses, fungi, and algae.
- ascaridole — a liquid, C 10 H 16 O 2 , constituting the active principle of chenopodium oil, used chiefly as a catalyst in polymerization reactions.
11 letter words containing rid
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- antheridial — Of, pertaining to, or produced in, the antheridium.
- antheridium — the male sex organ of algae, fungi, bryophytes, and spore-bearing vascular plants, such as ferns, which produces antherozoids
- bestridable — capable of being bestridden
- borohydride — any compound, such as sodium borohydride, which contains the radical BH4
12 letter words containing rid
13 letter words containing rid
- acaridomatium — a place on a plant leaf suitable for mites to live
- ante-meridian — occurring before noon.
- aridification — the process by which a humid region becomes increasingly dry, as by climatic change or human interference with the ecology.
- boroglyceride — any compound containing boric acid and glycerol, used chiefly as an antiseptic.
- cephaloridine — a cephalosporin antibiotic often used in the treatment of bacterial infections
14 letter words containing rid
- aluminohydride — (inorganic compound) The univalent anion, AlH4-, present in such compounds as lithium aluminium hydride.
- bascule-bridge — a device operating like a balance or seesaw, especially an arrangement of a movable bridge (bascule bridge) by which the rising floor or section is counterbalanced by a weight.
- bastard-ridley — ridley (def 1).
- berberidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Berberidaceae, a mainly N temperate family of flowering plants (mostly shrubs), including barberry and barrenwort
- bridge-builder — a person who attempts to connect or reconcile opposing parties
15 letter words containing rid
- atlantic-ridley — ridley (def 1).
- bridge-building — efforts to establish communications and friendly contacts between people in order to make them friends or allies
- cryptosporidium — any parasitic sporozoan protozoan of the genus Cryptosporidium, species of which are parasites of birds and animals and can be transmitted to humans, causing severe abdominal pain and diarrhoea (cryptosporidiosis)
- fluoridationist — One who supports the addition of fluoride to the public water supply.
- iridocapsulitis — inflammation of the iris and the capsule of the lens.
16 letter words containing rid
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- chytridiomycosis — An infectious disease of amphibians caused by the chytrid fungus.
- clitoridectomies — Plural form of clitoridectomy.
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
17 letter words containing rid
- cryptosporidiosis — a disease caused by protozoan parasites of the genus Cryptosporidium, characterized by fever and gastrointestinal symptoms and typically spread via contaminated drinking water.
- lipopolysaccaride — a molecule, consisting of lipid and polysaccharide components, that is the main constituent of the cell walls of Gram-negative bacteria
- tridimensionality — having three dimensions.
18 letter words containing rid
19 letter words containing rid
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- lipopolysaccharides — Plural form of lipopolysaccharide.
- mucopolysaccharides — Plural form of mucopolysaccharide.
- pride-of-california — a shrubby plant, Lathyrus splendens, of the legume family, native to southern California, having showy clusters of pale rose-pink, violet, or magenta flowers and large, smooth, beaked pods.
20 letter words containing rid
- heteropolysaccharide — (carbohydrate) any polysaccharide formed from two or more different kinds of monosaccharide.
21 letter words containing rid
22 letter words containing rid
- thiamine-hydrochloride — a white, crystalline, water-soluble compound of the vitamin-B complex, containing a thiazole and a pyrimidine group, C 12 H 17 ClN 4 OS, essential for normal functioning of the nervous system, a deficiency of which results chiefly in beriberi and other nerve disorders: occurring in many natural sources, as green peas, liver, and especially the seed coats of cereal grains, the commercial product of which is chiefly synthesized in the form of its chloride (thiamine chloride or thiamine hydrochloride) for therapeutic administration, or in nitrate form (thiamine mononitrate) for enriching flour mixes.
27 letter words containing rid
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with RID. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1216 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RID that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.