Words containing resi
5 letter words containing resi
6 letter words containing resi
- reside — to apply new siding, as to a house.
- resift — to sift again
- resign — to give up an office or position, often formally (often followed by from): to resign from the presidency.
- resile — to spring back; rebound; resume the original form or position, as an elastic body.
- resiny — resembling, containing, or covered with resin
7 letter words containing resi
8 letter words containing resi
- anuresis — inability to urinate even though urine is formed by the kidneys and retained in the urinary bladder
- dieresis — the separation of two adjacent vowels, dividing one syllable into two.
- diuresis — increased discharge of urine.
- enuresis — Involuntary urination, especially by children at night.
- fireside — Also called hearthside. the space about a fire or hearth.
9 letter words containing resi
- -phoresis — indicating a transmission
- apheresis — the omission of a letter or syllable at the beginning of a word
- boresight — to verify the alignment of the sights and bore of (a firearm).
- diaeresis — the mark ¨, in writing placed over the second of two adjacent vowels to indicate that it is to be pronounced separately rather than forming a diphthong with the first, as in some spellings of coöperate, naïve, etc
- firesides — Plural form of fireside.
10 letter words containing resi
- -resistant — -resistant is added to nouns to form adjectives that describe something as not being harmed or affected by the thing mentioned.
- aphaeresis — apheresis.
- coresident — one of two or more computer programs stored in a computer memory simultaneously
- encopresis — Involuntary defecation, especially associated with emotional disturbance or psychiatric disorder.
- heresiarch — a leader in heresy; the leader of a heretical sect.
11 letter words containing resi
- anaphoresis — the movement of suspended charged particles towards the anode in an electric field
- antipyresis — checking or preventing fever.
- catachresis — the incorrect use of words, as luxuriant for luxurious
- coresidence — (anthropology) Living together, sharing a residence, as of an adult child with a parent.
- diaphoresis — a technical name for sweating
12 letter words containing resi
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- barophoresis — the diffusion of suspended particles at a rate dependent on external forces
- cataphoresis — electrophoresis
- co-president — a person who shares the highest position in an organization with another person
- ex-president — a former chief executive or head of state of a republic
13 letter words containing resi
14 letter words containing resi
- fire-resistant — totally or almost totally unburnable.
- heat-resistant — able to resist and remain unaffected by heat
- heresiographer — a person who writes about heresy
- immunophoresis — a technique for identifying the antigens in a blood serum
- non-resilience — the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
15 letter words containing resi
- child-resistant — that resists being opened, tampered with, or damaged by a child; childproof: a child-resistant medicine cabinet.
- crush-resistant — not being easily creased
- electrophoresis — The movement of charged particles in a fluid or gel under the influence of an electric field.
- foresightedness — care or provision for the future; provident care; prudence.
- irresistibility — not resistible; incapable of being resisted or withstood: an irresistible impulse.
16 letter words containing resi
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- bullet-resistant — not allowing bullets to pass through
- crease-resistant — (of a fabric, garment, etc) designed to remain uncreased when subjected to wear or use
- cross-resistance — immunologic resistance to the pathogenic effects of a microorganism because of previous exposure to another species or type having cross-reactive antigens.
- gastro-resistant — A gastro-resistant tablet is designed to temporarily withstand attack by stomach acid.
17 letter words containing resi
- dielectrophoresis — Dielectrophoresis is the movement of uncharged particles (= ones with no electrical charge) when a changing electric field is applied.
- magnetoresistance — a change in the electrical resistance of a material upon exposure to a magnetic field.
- vice-presidential — relating to a person who ranks immediately below the chief executive or head of state of a republic
- weather-resistant — resisting the effects of severe weather, as rain or cold: weather-resistant cloth for topcoats.
19 letter words containing resi
- specific-resistance — the power or property of resistance.
20 letter words containing resi
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing resi
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
On this page, we collect all words with RESI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 367 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RESI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.