Words containing res
4 letter words containing res
- ares — the god of war, born of Zeus and Hera
- bres — a Fomorian king of Ireland, whose unpopular rule led to the expulsion of the Fomorians by the Tuatha De Danann.
- ires — intense anger; wrath.
- ores — a metal-bearing mineral or rock, or a native metal, that can be mined at a profit.
- pres — Andrew (Jackson, Jr.) born 1932, U.S. clergyman, civil-rights leader, politician, and diplomat: mayor of Atlanta, Georgia, 1981–89.
5 letter words containing res
- apres — after
- ayres — air1 (def 8d).
- bares — without covering or clothing; naked; nude: bare legs.
- brest — a port in NW France, in Brittany: chief naval station of the country, planned by Richelieu in 1631 and fortified by Vauban. Pop: 148 316 (2006)
- cares — a private organization for the collection of funds, goods, etc., for distribution to the needy in foreign countries.
6 letter words containing res
- adores — to regard with the utmost esteem, love, and respect; honor.
- afresh — If you do something afresh, you do it again in a different way.
- antres — a cavern; cave.
- arrest — If the police arrest you, they take charge of you and take you to a police station, because they believe you may have committed a crime.
- azores — group of islands in the N Atlantic, c. 800 mi (1,287 km) west of Portugal and constituting an autonomous region of that country: 900 sq mi (2,331 sq km); pop. 238,000; chief city, Ponta Delgada
7 letter words containing res
- actress — An actress is a woman whose job is acting in plays or films.
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- admires — to regard with wonder, pleasure, or approval.
- aggress — to attack first or begin a quarrel
- antares — the brightest star in the constellation Scorpius. It is a variable binary star whose main component, a red supergiant, is associated with a fainter green component. Visual magnitude: 1.2 (red), 6.8 (green); spectral type: M1.5Ib (red); distance: 600 light years
8 letter words containing res
- acquires — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- actressy — exaggerated and affected in manner; theatrical
- afforest — to plant trees on; convert into forested land
- agrestal — (of uncultivated plants such as weeds) growing on cultivated land
- agrestic — rural; rustic
9 letter words containing res
- addressed — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addressee — The addressee of a letter or parcel is the person or company that it is addressed to.
- addresser — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addresses — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addressor — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
10 letter words containing res
- accrescent — (of a calyx or other part) continuing to grow after flowering
- addressees — the person, company, or the like to whom a piece of mail is addressed.
- adulteress — An adulteress is a woman who commits adultery.
- aggressing — to commit the first act of hostility or offense; attack first.
- aggression — Aggression is a quality of anger and determination that makes you ready to attack other people.
11 letter words containing res
- accrescence — continual increase
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- adventuress — a woman who seeks adventure, esp one who seeks success or money through daring exploits
- aggressions — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
12 letter words containing res
- adiaphoresis — absence or reduction of perspiration.
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- aggressivity — the state or quality of being aggressive
- agroforestry — a method of farming integrating herbaceous and tree crops
13 letter words containing res
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adventuresome — Adventuresome means the same as adventurous.
- afforestation — Afforestation is the process of planting large numbers of trees on land which has few or no trees on it.
- antiresonance — a phenomenon in an electric, acoustic, or other such system in which the impedance is tending to infinity.
14 letter words containing res
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- antidepressant — An antidepressant is a drug which is used to treat people who are suffering from depression.
- belles-lettres — literary works, esp essays and poetry, valued for their aesthetic rather than their informative or moral content
- congressmember — a member of a congress, especially of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- congresspeople — congressmen or congresswomen
15 letter words containing res
- antidepressants — of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment of mood disorders, as characterized by various manic or depressive affects.
- cartier-bresson — Henri (ɑ̃ri). 1908–2004, French photographer
- child-resistant — that resists being opened, tampered with, or damaged by a child; childproof: a child-resistant medicine cabinet.
- churrigueresque — of or relating to a style of baroque architecture of Spain in the late 17th and early 18th centuries
- compressibility — the ability to be compressed
16 letter words containing res
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
- congressionalist — of or relating to a congress.
- counter-response — an answer or reply, as in words or in some action.
- counterespionage — Counterespionage is the same as counterintelligence.
17 letter words containing res
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- circumterrestrial — surrounding or revolving about the earth.
- cryopreservations — the storage of blood or living tissues at extremely cold temperatures, often -196 degrees Celsius.
- disinterestedness — unbiased by personal interest or advantage; not influenced by selfish motives: a disinterested decision by the referee.
18 letter words containing res
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- irresponsibilities — said, done, or characterized by a lack of a sense of responsibility: His refusal to work shows him to be completely irresponsible.
- maison-de-molieres — Comédie Française.
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
19 letter words containing res
20 letter words containing res
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing res
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
22 letter words containing res
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- interrogator-responsor — a radio or radar transceiver for sending a signal to a transponder and receiving and interpreting the reply.
- nonrepresentationalism — not resembling or portraying any object in physical nature: a nonrepresentational painting.
27 letter words containing res
- introgressive-hybridization — the introduction of genes from one species into the gene pool of another species, occurring when matings between the two produce fertile hybrids.
On this page, we collect all words with RES. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4581 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RES that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.