Words containing ra
3 letter words containing ra
4 letter words containing ra
- agra — a city in N India, in W Uttar Pradesh on the Jumna River: a capital of the Mogul empire until 1658; famous for its Mogul architecture, esp the Taj Mahal. Pop: 1 259 979 (2001)
- apra — Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- arab — Arabs are people who speak Arabic and who come from the Middle East and parts of North Africa.
- arad — a city in W Romania, on the Mureş River: became part of Romania after World War I, after belonging successively to Turkey, Austria, and Hungary. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- arak — city in WC Iran: pop. 331,000
5 letter words containing ra
- aarau — a town in N Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton: capital of the Helvetic Republic from 1798 to 1803. Pop: 15 470 (2000)
- abram — auburn
- accra — the capital of Ghana, a port on the Gulf of Guinea: built on the site of three 17th-century trading fortresses founded by the English, Dutch, and Danish. Pop: 1 970 000 (2005 est)
- acral — Of or pertaining to peripheral body parts, such as toes and fingers.
- actra — Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television, and Radio Artists
6 letter words containing ra
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- aboral — away from or opposite the mouth
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- abrazo — an embrace used as a greeting or on parting in Spain and Latin America
7 letter words containing ra
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- abraded — Simple past tense and past participle of abrade.
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- abraser — a machine for testing the abrasion resistance of a material.
8 letter words containing ra
9 letter words containing ra
10 letter words containing ra
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- abjuration — the act of abjuring.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
11 letter words containing ra
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- abranchiate — having no gills
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
12 letter words containing ra
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
13 letter words containing ra
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acculturation — the process of conditioning a child to the patterns or customs of a culture
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
14 letter words containing ra
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- administrating — to administer.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
15 letter words containing ra
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
16 letter words containing ra
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
17 letter words containing ra
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
18 letter words containing ra
19 letter words containing ra
20 letter words containing ra
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
23 letter words containing ra
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
29 letter words containing ra
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with RA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 28017 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.