Words containing q
1 letter words containing q
- q — the 17th letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
2 letter words containing q
3 letter words containing q
4 letter words containing q
- aqua — Aqua is the same as the colour aquamarine.
- cqsw — Certificate of Qualification in Social Work
- fiqh — the system of jurisprudence: the legal foundation of Islamic religious, political, and civil life.
- gchq — Government Communications Headquarters
- gnvq — In Britain, GNVQs are qualifications in practical subjects such as business, design, and information technology. GNVQ is an abbreviation for 'general national vocational qualification'.
5 letter words containing q
- aqaba — the only port in Jordan, in the southwest, on the Gulf of Aqaba. Pop: 80 790 (2004)
- aquae — Chiefly Pharmacology. water. a liquid. a solution, especially in water.
- buraq — the legendary beast, a winged horse with the face of a woman and the tail of a peacock, on which Muhammad ascended to heaven.
- burqa — A burqa is a long garment that covers the head and body and is traditionally worn by women in Islamic countries.
- faqih — an Islamic religious lawyer.
6 letter words containing q
- acquit — If someone is acquitted of a crime in a court of law, they are formally declared not to have committed the crime.
- anqing — a city in E China, in SW Anhui province on the Yangtze River: famous seven-storeyed pagoda. Pop: 686 000 (2005 est)
- aqmola — the capital city of Kazakhstan, in the northern part, on the Ishim River.
- aqtobe — a city in NW Kazakhstan, on the Ilek River.
- aquila — a constellation lying in the Milky Way close to Cygnus and situated on the celestial equator. The brightest star is Altair
7 letter words containing q
- acequia — a ditch for irrigation
- acquest — an acquisition
- acquire — If you acquire something, you buy or obtain it for yourself, or someone gives it to you.
- aliquot — of, signifying, or relating to an exact divisor of a quantity or number
- almique — a West African tree, Manilkara albescens, of the sapodilla family.
8 letter words containing q
- acquaint — If you acquaint someone with something, you tell them about it so that they know it. If you acquaint yourself with something, you learn about it.
- acquired — obtained, through buying or being given
- acquiree — a firm that is acquired
- acquires — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- adequacy — Adequacy is the quality of being good enough or great enough in amount to be acceptable.
9 letter words containing q
- acquiesce — If you acquiesce in something, you agree to do what someone wants or to accept what they do.
- acquiring — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- acquittal — Acquittal is a formal declaration in a court of law that someone who has been accused of a crime is innocent.
- acquitted — to relieve from a charge of fault or crime; declare not guilty: They acquitted him of the crime. The jury acquitted her, but I still think she's guilty.
- algonquin — a member of a North American Indian people formerly living along the St Lawrence and Ottawa Rivers in Canada
10 letter words containing q
- acquainted — If you are acquainted with something, you know about it because you have learned it or experienced it.
- acquiesced — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- acquiesces — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- acquirable — to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
- acquisitor — a person who has a tendency to acquire (information or ideas), or a desire to possess
11 letter words containing q
- acquainting — to make more or less familiar, aware, or conversant (usually followed by with): to acquaint the mayor with our plan.
- acquiescent — Someone who is acquiescent is ready to agree to do what someone wants, or to accept what they do.
- acquiescing — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- acquirement — an acquiring or being acquired
- acquisition — If a company or business person makes an acquisition, they buy another company or part of a company.
12 letter words containing q
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- acquaintance — An acquaintance is someone who you have met and know slightly, but not well.
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- adequateness — the quality of being adequate
- alhambresque — like the Alhambra, especially in richness of ornamentation
13 letter words containing q
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- anthraquinone — a yellow crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes, esp anthraquinone dyes, which have excellent colour properties. Formula: C6H4(CO)2C6H4
- aquaculturist — a person who practises aquaculture
- bioequivalent — the condition in which different formulations of the same drug or chemical are equally absorbed when taken into the body.
14 letter words containing q
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- antiquarianism — pertaining to antiquaries or to the study of antiquities.
- basotho-qwaqwa — (formerly) a Bantustan in South Africa, in the Orange Free State; the only Bantustan without exclaves: abolished in 1993
- bioequivalence — the equality of strength, bioavailability, and dosage of various drug products
- conquistadores — one of the Spanish conquerors of Mexico and Peru in the 16th century.
15 letter words containing q
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- aqueous-ammonia — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- churrigueresque — of or relating to a style of baroque architecture of Spain in the late 17th and early 18th centuries
- consequentially — following as an effect, result, or outcome; resultant; consequent.
- croque-monsieur — a sandwich filled with ham and cheese, either dipped in egg batter or buttered on the outside, and toasted or grilled
16 letter words containing q
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- consequentialism — the doctrine that an action is right or wrong according as its consequences are good or bad
- consequentialist — the theory that human actions derive their moral worth solely from their outcomes or consequences.
- consequentiality — following as an effect, result, or outcome; resultant; consequent.
- disequilibration — to put out of equilibrium; unbalance: A period of high inflation could disequilibrate the monetary system.
17 letter words containing q
18 letter words containing q
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- hemidemisemiquaver — a sixty-fourth note.
- hydroxychloroquine — a colorless crystalline solid, C 18 H 26 ClN 3 O, used in the treatment of malaria, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis.
19 letter words containing q
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- phenanthrenequinone — a yellowish-orange, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 1 4 H 8 O 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and the manufacture of dyes.
20 letter words containing q
21 letter words containing q
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
On this page, we collect all words with letter Q. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5171 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains Q that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.