Words containing pter
5 letter words containing pter
6 letter words containing pter
7 letter words containing pter
8 letter words containing pter
9 letter words containing pter
10 letter words containing pter
- alipterion — (in an ancient Roman bath) a room for anointment.
- apterygial — (of eels, certain insects, etc) lacking such paired limbs as wings or fins
- apterygote — belonging or pertaining to the Apterygota, a subclass of primitive wingless insects that undergo little or no metamorphosis.
- coleoptera — the largest order in the animal kingdom; the beetles
- disrupters — Plural form of disrupter.
11 letter words containing pter
- aminopterin — a derivative of pterin used in chemotherapy
- anisopteran — belonging or pertaining to the suborder Anisoptera, comprising the dragonflies.
- caryopteris — any of various shrubs with small blue or white flowers of the genus Caryopteris, all found in S and E Asia
- chiropteran — of, relating to, or belonging to the Chiroptera, an order of placental mammals comprising the bats
- coleopteral — of or relating to the Coleoptera
12 letter words containing pter
- amethopterin — (now rare) Methotrexate.
- archeopteryx — A specimen of the species Archaeopteryx lithographica, being the earliest and most primitive known bird, representing a transition in the evolution of dinosaurs to birds.
- chapterhouse — the building attached to a cathedral, collegiate church, or religious house in which the chapter meets
- chiropterans — Plural form of chiropteran.
- coleopterans — Plural form of coleopteran.
13 letter words containing pter
- aphanipterous — of or relating to the wingless insects of the order Aphaniptera
- archaeopteryx — any of several extinct primitive birds constituting the genus Archaeopteryx, esp A. lithographica, which occurred in Jurassic times and had teeth, a long tail, well-developed wings, and a body covering of feathers
- brachypterous — having very short or incompletely developed wings
- heteropterous — belonging or pertaining to the Heteroptera, in some classifications a suborder of hemipterous insects comprising the true bugs.
- hymenopterans — Plural form of hymenopteran.
14 letter words containing pter
- archipterygium — (anatomy) A primitive fin, like that of Ceratodus.
- dipterocarpous — (of a tree) belonging to the genus Dipterocarpus or the family Dipterocarpaceae
- ephemeropteran — of or relating to the Ephemeroptera
- lepidopterists — Plural form of lepidopterist.
- orthopterology — the study of the Orthoptera
15 letter words containing pter
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- chiropterophily — Pollination by bats.
- crossopterygian — any bony fish of the subclass Crossopterygii, having fleshy limblike pectoral fins. The group, now mostly extinct, contains the ancestors of the amphibians
- lepidopterology — the branch of zoology dealing with butterflies and moths.
- malacopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Malacopterygii (Malacopteri), a group of soft-finned, teleost fishes.
16 letter words containing pter
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- actinopterygians — Plural form of actinopterygian.
- crossopterygians — Plural form of crossopterygian.
- macrolepidoptera — a collector's name for that part of the lepidoptera that comprises the butterflies and the larger moths (noctuids, geometrids, bombycids, springtails, etc): a term without taxonomic significance
- microlepidoptera — a collector's name for the smaller moths: a term without taxonomic significance
17 letter words containing pter
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
- dipterocarpaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Dipterocarpaceae, a family of trees chiefly native to tropical SE Asia, having two-winged fruits. Many species yield useful timber and resins
- lepidopterologist — One who studies lepidopterology.
On this page, we collect all words with PTER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 259 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PTER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.