Words containing pr
3 letter words containing pr
- apr — Abbreviation of April.
- bpr — business process re-engineering
- cpr — CPR is a medical technique for reviving someone whose heart has stopped beating by pressing on their chest and breathing into their mouth. CPR is an abbreviation for cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- npr — National Public Radio
- ppr — present participle
4 letter words containing pr
- anpr — Automatic Number Plate Recognition: a surveillance technology which uses optical character recognition on camera images to read a vehicle's numberplate
- apr. — Apr. is a written abbreviation for April.
- apra — Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority
- cpre — Council for the Protection of Rural England
- gprs — General Packet Radio Service
5 letter words containing pr
- appro — (of a purchase) approval: on appro.
- apres — after
- april — April is the fourth month of the year in the Western calendar.
- apron — An apron is a piece of clothing that you put on over the front of your normal clothes and tie round your waist, especially when you are cooking, in order to prevent your clothes from getting dirty.
- aspro — an associate professor at an academic institution
6 letter words containing pr
- appros — (of a purchase) approval: on appro.
- aprowl — moving about in stealthy search; covertly stalking or hunting; prowling (usually used predicatively): The sudden silence in the jungle gave warning that some huge carnivore was aprowl.
- capris — an island in W Italy, in the Bay of Naples: grottoes; resort. 5½ sq. mi. (14 sq. km).
- chypre — a perfume made from sandalwood
- copro- — indicating dung or obscenity
7 letter words containing pr
- appress — to press together or towards a surface
- apprise — When you are apprised of something, someone tells you about it.
- apprize — to give notice to; inform; advise (often followed by of): to be apprised of the death of an old friend.
- approve — If you approve of an action, event, or suggestion, you like it or are pleased about it.
- approx. — Approx. is a written abbreviation for approximately.
8 letter words containing pr
- adiprene — a polyurethane elastomer with exceptional abrasion resistance and strength
- agitprop — Agitprop is the use of artistic forms such as drama or posters to further political aims.
- airproof — impervious to air
- appraise — If you appraise something or someone, you consider them carefully and form an opinion about them.
- apprised — appraise.
9 letter words containing pr
- age-proof — not adversely affected by a person's age
- air-spray — pertaining to compressed-air spraying devices or to liquids used in them.
- appraisal — If you make an appraisal of something, you consider it carefully and form an opinion about it.
- appraiser — An appraiser is someone whose job is to estimate the cost or value of something such as property.
- apprehend — If the police apprehend someone, they catch them and arrest them.
10 letter words containing pr
- alprazolam — a potent benzodiazepine, C 17 H 13 CIN 4 , used in the treatment of certain anxiety states.
- antiproton — the antiparticle of the proton; a particle having the same mass as the proton but an equal and opposite charge
- apoprotein — any conjugated protein from which the prosthetic group has been removed, such as apohaemoglobin (the protein of haemoglobin without its haem group)
- appraisive — to estimate the monetary value of; determine the worth of; assess: We had an expert appraise the house before we bought it.
- appreciate — If you appreciate something, for example a piece of music or good food, you like it because you recognize its good qualities.
11 letter words containing pr
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- acupressure — Acupressure is the treatment of pain by a type of massage in which pressure is put on certain areas of a person's body.
- air-express — to send or transport by air express: Your package will be air-expressed and should reach its destination tomorrow.
- antileprosy — acting against leprosy
- appraisable — to estimate the monetary value of; determine the worth of; assess: We had an expert appraise the house before we bought it.
12 letter words containing pr
- amour-propre — self-respect
- anteprandial — before dinner
- antipruritic — acting against or preventing itching
- appraisement — the act of estimating or judging the nature or value of something or someone.
- appraisingly — to estimate the monetary value of; determine the worth of; assess: We had an expert appraise the house before we bought it.
13 letter words containing pr
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- apprehensible — capable of being comprehended or grasped mentally
- appropriately — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
- appropriation — An appropriation is an amount of money that a government or organization reserves for a particular purpose.
- appropriative — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
14 letter words containing pr
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- antidepressant — An antidepressant is a drug which is used to treat people who are suffering from depression.
- apolipoprotein — any of a group of glycoproteins that form part of the structure of lipoproteins, some of which have been associated with Alzheimer's disease
- appreciational — gratitude; thankful recognition: They showed their appreciation by giving him a gold watch.
- appreciatively — feeling or showing appreciation: an appreciative audience at the concert.
15 letter words containing pr
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- antidepressants — of or relating to a substance that is used in the treatment of mood disorders, as characterized by various manic or depressive affects.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
16 letter words containing pr
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- chemoprophylaxis — the prevention of disease using chemical drugs
17 letter words containing pr
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
18 letter words containing pr
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- disproportionation — the simultaneous oxidation and reduction of a substance reacting with itself, thereby forming two dissimilar molecules, as 2C 2 H 4 →C 2 H 6 +C 2 H 2 .
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing pr
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
20 letter words containing pr
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
- philoprogenitiveness — producing offspring, especially abundantly; prolific.
21 letter words containing pr
22 letter words containing pr
23 letter words containing pr
24 letter words containing pr
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words with PR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9568 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.