Words containing phore
6 letter words containing phore
- -phore — indicating a person or thing that bears or produces
7 letter words containing phore
9 letter words containing phore
- -phoresis — indicating a transmission
- aerophore — a device which supplies oxygen in order to aid breathing
- gonophore — an asexually produced bud in hydrozoans that gives rise to the equivalent of a medusa.
- gynophore — the elongated stalk of a pistil.
- ionophore — a lipid-soluble substance capable of transporting specific ions through cellular membranes.
10 letter words containing phore
- androphore — an extension of the receptacle carrying the androecium and the gynoecium, typical of the caper family (Capparidaceae)
- anthophore — an elongation of the receptacle of a flower between the calyx and corolla
- carpophore — the central column surrounded by carpels in such flowers as the geranium
- cnidophore — a part or organ bearing cnidoblasts.
- collophore — a ventral tubelike structure on the abdomen of a springtail.
11 letter words containing phore
- anaphoresis — the movement of suspended charged particles towards the anode in an electric field
- carpophores — Plural form of carpophore.
- chromophore — a group of atoms in a chemical compound that are responsible for the colour of the compound
- craniophore — a device that holds a skull in place for measuring.
- ctenophores — Plural form of ctenophore.
12 letter words containing phore
13 letter words containing phore
- chromatophore — a cell in the skin of frogs, chameleons, etc, in which pigment is concentrated or dispersed, causing the animal to change colour
- conidiophores — Plural form of conidiophore.
- diaphoretical — Alternative form of diaphoretic.
- iontophoresis — a painless alternative to drug injection in which a weak electrical current is used to stimulate drug-carrying ions to pass through intact skin.
- iontophoretic — Of or pertaining to iontophoresis.
14 letter words containing phore
- chromatophores — Plural form of chromatophore.
- electrophorese — (biochemistry) To carry out electrophoresis on something.
- immunophoresis — a technique for identifying the antigens in a blood serum
- oophorectomies — Plural form of oophorectomy.
- oophorectomize — to surgically remove (one or both ovaries)
15 letter words containing phore
- electrophoreses — Plural form of electrophoresis.
- electrophoresis — The movement of charged particles in a fluid or gel under the influence of an electric field.
- electrophoretic — Of, pertaining to, or produced by electrophoresis.
- phosphorescence — the property of being luminous at temperatures below incandescence, as from slow oxidation in the case of phosphorus or after exposure to light or other radiation.
17 letter words containing phore
19 letter words containing phore
- electrophoretically — By means of electrophoresis.
20 letter words containing phore
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
21 letter words containing phore
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- thermophosphorescence — thermoluminescence.
On this page, we collect all words with PHORE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 94 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PHORE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.