Words containing pho
3 letter words containing pho
- pho — a N Vietnamese soup made of beef or chicken stock with rice noodles and thin slices of beef or chicken.
4 letter words containing pho
- phon — a unit for measuring the apparent loudness of a sound, equal in number for a given sound to the intensity in decibels of a sound having a frequency of 1000 cycles per second when, in the judgment of a group of listeners, the two sounds are of equal loudness.
- phot — a unit of illumination, equal to 1 lumen per square centimeter. Abbreviation: ph.
5 letter words containing pho
6 letter words containing pho
- hiphop — the popular subculture of big-city teenagers, which includes rap music, break dancing, and graffiti art.
- iphone — Alternative case form of iPhone.
- lopho- — indicating a crested or tufted part
- morpho — any of various large, tropical American butterflies of the genus Morpho, having brilliant blue, iridescent wings with an underside of brown or gray and eyelike spots.
- nepho- — concerning cloud or clouds
7 letter words containing pho
- alphorn — a wind instrument used in the Swiss Alps, consisting of a very long tube of wood or bark with a cornet-like mouthpiece
- amphora — an ancient Greek or Roman two-handled narrow-necked jar for oil, wine, etc
- aphonia — loss of the voice caused by damage to the vocal tract
- aphonic — affected with aphonia
- aphotic — characterized by or growing in the absence of light
8 letter words containing pho
- alphonse — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “ready.”.
- alphonso — a masculine name
- alphosis — absence of skin pigmentation, as in albinism
- amphorae — a large two-handled storage jar having an oval body, usually tapering to a point at the base, with a pair of handles extending from immediately below the lip to the shoulder: used chiefly for oil, wine, etc., and, set on a foot, as a commemorative vase awarded the victors in contests such as the Panathenaic games.
- amphoric — resembling the sound produced by blowing into a bottle. Amphoric breath sounds are heard through a stethoscope placed over a cavity in the lung
9 letter words containing pho
10 letter words containing pho
- acrophobia — abnormal fear or dread of being at a great height
- acrophobic — a pathological fear of heights.
- acrophonic — the use of what was originally a logogram as a phonetic symbol for the initial sound of the word the logogram represented, as, in Semitic writing, the use of a picture of a shepherd's crook to represent the sound (l), the first sound of lamed, the Hebrew word for a shepherd's crook.
- aerophobia — a pathological fear of draughts of air
- algophobia — an acute fear of experiencing or witnessing bodily pain
11 letter words containing pho
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
- aelurophobe — ailurophobe.
- agoraphobia — an abnormal fear of being in open or public places
12 letter words containing pho
13 letter words containing pho
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
- amorphousness — lacking definite form; having no specific shape; formless: the amorphous clouds.
- anaphorically — referring back to or substituting for a preceding word or group of words: anaphoric reference.
- arachnophobia — an abnormal fear of spiders
- arachnophobic — an abnormal or pathological fear of spiders.
14 letter words containing pho
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- aphoristically — in an aphoristic manner
- batrachophobia — fear of amphibians
15 letter words containing pho
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
- computer-phobia — a person who distrusts or is intimidated by computers.
- cytotrophoblast — the thickened, inner part of the mammalian placenta nearest to the fetus, covering the chorion during early pregnancy
- dephosphorylate — to remove a phosphate group from (an organic compound)
16 letter words containing pho
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
- astrophotography — the photography of celestial bodies used in astronomy
- cyclophosphamide — an alkylating agent used in the treatment of leukaemia and lymphomas
- gerontomorphosis — Biology. evolutionary specialization of a species to a degree that decreases its capability for further adaptation and eventually leads to its extinction.
- gynandromorphous — an individual exhibiting morphological characteristics of both sexes.
17 letter words containing pho
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- dephosphorylation — the removal of a phosphate group from an organic compound, as in the changing of ATP to ADP.
- lymphocytopoiesis — Lymphopoiesis.
- nonphotosynthetic — the complex process by which carbon dioxide, water, and certain inorganic salts are converted into carbohydrates by green plants, algae, and certain bacteria, using energy from the sun and chlorophyll.
- photo-composition — any method of composition using photography, as composition by means of a photocomposer.
18 letter words containing pho
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- diphosphoglycerate — an ester of phosphoric acid and glyceric acid that occurs in the blood and that promotes the release of hemoglobin-bound oxygen.
- histomorphological — histology.
- hyper-metaphorical — a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”. Compare mixed metaphor, simile (def 1).
19 letter words containing pho
20 letter words containing pho
- lymphogranulomatosis — widespread infectious granuloma of the lymphatic system.
- microelectrophoresis — any of several techniques for observing, by means of a microscope or an ultramicroscope, the electrophoresis of minute surface particles.
- photophosphorylation — phosphorylation that utilizes light as a source of energy, as in the formation of ATP from ADP and phosphorus during photosynthesis.
- spectrophotoelectric — pertaining to the relationship between the wavelength of the incident radiation and the number of electrons released by a photoelectric substance.
21 letter words containing pho
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- thermophosphorescence — thermoluminescence.
- triple-superphosphate — Also called acid phosphate. a mixture of calcium acid phosphate and calcium sulfate prepared by treating phosphate rock with sulfuric acid: used chiefly as a fertilizer.
22 letter words containing pho
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
24 letter words containing pho
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
26 letter words containing pho
- organophosphorus-compounds — Biochemistry. any of a variety of organic compounds that contain phosphorus and often have intense neurotoxic activity: originally developed as nerve gases, now widely used as insecticides and fire retardants.
On this page, we collect all words with PHO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1938 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PHO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.