Words containing phe
5 letter words containing phe
- ouphe — an elf or goblin.
- pheba — (formerly, especially in creole-speaking cultures) a name given at birth to a black child, in accordance with African customs, indicating the child's sex and the day of the week on which he or she was born, as the male and female names for Sunday (Quashee and Quasheba) Monday (Cudjo or Cudjoe and Juba) Tuesday (Cubbena and Beneba) Wednesday (Quaco and Cuba or Cubba) Thursday (Quao and Abba) Friday (Cuffee or Cuffy and Pheba or Phibbi) and Saturday (Quamin or Quame and Mimba)
- phebe — a female given name.
- phen- — of or derived from benzene
- phene — any characteristic of an individual organism that is genetically determined.
6 letter words containing phe
- apheta — (astrology) The planet that has the most influence on a person's life.
- cipher — A cipher is a secret system of writing that you use to send messages.
- copher — Obsolete form of coffer.
- cuphea — any of various New World plants belonging to the genus Cuphea, of the loosestrife family, having tubular, usually reddish or purple flowers.
- cypher — cipher
7 letter words containing phe
- -sphere — having the shape or form of a sphere
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- aphelia — The point in the orbit of a celestial body at which it is farthest from the body it orbits.
- aphemia — a type of aphasia characterized by the inability to express ideas in spoken words.
- aphesis — the gradual disappearance of an unstressed vowel at the beginning of a word, as in squire from esquire
8 letter words containing phe
- -grapher — indicating a person who writes about or is skilled in a subject
- alphette — (rare) an alpha female; a confident, self-assured woman.
- aphelion — the point in its orbit when a planet or comet is at its greatest distance from the sun
- aphetise — lose a vowel at the beginning of a word
- aphetism — The aphetized form of a word, i.e. a word which has dropped its initial vowel or syllable. For example, see squire.
9 letter words containing phe
- anopheles — any of various mosquitoes constituting the genus Anopheles, some species of which transmit the malaria parasite to man
- apheresis — the omission of a letter or syllable at the beginning of a word
- apheretic — Standard spelling of aphaeretic.
- aphetized — (linguistics, of a word) Having undergone aphesis, the removal of an unstressed initial vowel.
- apophenia — (psychology) The perception of or belief in connectedness among unrelated phenomena.
10 letter words containing phe
- achitophel — Ahithophel
- aerosphere — the entire atmosphere surrounding the earth
- ahithophel — a member of David's council, who became one of Absalom's advisers in his rebellion and hanged himself when his advice was overruled (II Samuel 15:12–17:23)
- anastrophe — reversal of the usual order of the parts of a sentence; inversion (Ex.: “Came the dawn”)
- anopheline — (of mosquitoes) belonging to the genus Anopheles, which carries malaria
11 letter words containing phe
- aminophenol — any of three isomeric forms that are soluble crystalline solids, used as a dye intermediate (meta- and ortho-), in dyeing hair, fur, and textiles (ortho- and para-), and as a photographic developer (para-). Formula: C6H4NH2OH
- amphetamine — Amphetamine is a drug which increases people's energy, makes them excited, and reduces their desire for food.
- anastrophes — Plural form of anastrophe.
- anglosphere — a group of English-speaking countries that share common roots in British culture and history, usually the UK, the US, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada
- antistrophe — the second of two movements made by a chorus during the performance of a choral ode
12 letter words containing phe
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- aminophenols — Plural form of aminophenol.
- amiphenazole — A respiratory stimulant traditionally used as an antidote for barbiturate or opiate overdose, usually in combination with bemegride.
- amphetamines — Plural form of amphetamine.
- anti-strophe — the part of an ancient Greek choral ode answering a previous strophe, sung by the chorus when returning from left to right.
13 letter words containing phe
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- apheliotropic — growing in a direction away from the sunlight
- asthenosphere — a thin semifluid layer of the earth (100–200 km thick), below the outer rigid lithosphere, forming part of the mantle and thought to be able to flow vertically and horizontally, enabling sections of lithosphere to subside, rise, and undergo lateral movement
- atmospherical — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
- bibliographer — an expert in bibliography
14 letter words containing phe
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- anthroposphere — noosphere.
- apheliotropism — a tendency of certain plants to turn away from the sun; negative heliotropism
- asthenospheric — relating to the asthenosphere
- autobiographer — a person who writes the story of his or her own life
15 letter words containing phe
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- atmospherically — pertaining to, existing in, or consisting of the atmosphere: atmospheric vapors.
- autobiographers — Plural form of autobiographer.
- blasphemousness — the quality of being blasphemous
- boustrophedonic — of or relating to lines written in opposite directions
16 letter words containing phe
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- chlorophenothane — DDT.
- chlorpheniramine — an antihistaminic compound, C 20 H 23 ClN 2 O 4 , used in treating the symptoms of allergies.
- crystallographer — A person skilled in crystallography.
- dichlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twelve isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing two chlorine atoms.
17 letter words containing phe
- astrophotographer — A person, especially an astronomer, who takes photographs of the stars.
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- dextroamphetamine — a dextrorotatory amphetamine, used to suppress appetite
- diphenylacetylene — tolan.
- diphenylhydantoin — a white, slightly water-soluble powder, C 15 H 11 N 2 O 2 , used in the form of its sodium salt to prevent or arrest convulsions in epilepsy.
18 letter words containing phe
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chromolithographer — One engaged in chromolithography.
- decachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) The fully chlorinated polychlorinated biphenyl containing ten chlorine atoms.
- hexachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of forty-two isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing six chlorine atoms.
- monochlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of three isomers of a chlorinated derivative of biphenyl containing one chlorine atom.
19 letter words containing phe
- heptachlorobiphenyl — (organic compound) Either of twenty-four isomers of the polychlorinated biphenyl containing seven chlorine atoms.
- phenanthrenequinone — a yellowish-orange, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 1 4 H 8 O 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and the manufacture of dyes.
- phenylpropanolamine — a substance, C 9 H 1 3 NO, related to ephedrine and amphetamine, available in various popular nonprescription diet aids as an appetite suppressant.
- phenylthiocarbamide — a crystalline, slightly water-soluble solid, C 6 H 5 NHCSNH 2 , that is either tasteless or bitter, depending upon the heredity of the taster, and is used in medical genetics and as a diagnostic.
20 letter words containing phe
- phenyldiethanolamine — a white, crystalline, slightly water-soluble substance, C 1 0 H 1 5 NO 2 , used in the manufacture of dyes and in organic synthesis.
21 letter words containing phe
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing phe
23 letter words containing phe
- electroencephalographer — A specialist in electroencephalography.
24 letter words containing phe
- diphenylaminechlorarsine — adamsite.
29 letter words containing phe
30 letter words containing phe
- dichlorodiphenyldichloroethane — (organic chemistry) An organochlorine insecticide that is a metabolite of DDT.
31 letter words containing phe
On this page, we collect all words with PHE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 969 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PHE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.