Words containing ph
3 letter words containing ph
5 letter words containing ph
- aleph — the first letter in the Hebrew alphabet (א) articulated as a glottal stop and transliterated with a superior comma (')
- alpha — the first letter in the Greek alphabet (Α, α), a vowel transliterated as a
- aphid — Aphids are very small insects which live on plants and suck their juices.
- aphis — any of various aphids constituting the genus Aphis, such as the blackfly
- bphil — Bachelor of Philosophy
6 letter words containing ph
7 letter words containing ph
- acaleph — any of the coelenterates of the former taxonomic group Acalephae, which included the jellyfishes
- agrapha — sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels
- alpheus — a river god, lover of the nymph Arethusa. She changed into a spring to evade him, but he changed into a river and mingled with her
- alphorn — a wind instrument used in the Swiss Alps, consisting of a very long tube of wood or bark with a cornet-like mouthpiece
- amphion — a son of Zeus and Antiope: he builds a wall around Thebes by charming the stones into place with a lyre
8 letter words containing ph
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
- agraphia — loss of the ability to write, resulting from a brain lesion
- agraphic — having or relating to agraphia
- algraphy — (formerly) an offset process employing an aluminum plate instead of a stone.
- alphabet — An alphabet is a set of letters usually presented in a fixed order which is used for writing the words of a particular language or group of languages.
9 letter words containing ph
10 letter words containing ph
11 letter words containing ph
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
12 letter words containing ph
13 letter words containing ph
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
14 letter words containing ph
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- alpha-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
15 letter words containing ph
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
16 letter words containing ph
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
17 letter words containing ph
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words containing ph
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
19 letter words containing ph
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
20 letter words containing ph
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing ph
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing ph
24 letter words containing ph
31 letter words containing ph
On this page, we collect all words with PH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7747 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.