Words containing ped
4 letter words containing ped
- -ped — foot or feet
- aped — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- oped — a newspaper page devoted to signed articles by commentators, essayists, humorists, etc., of varying viewpoints: the Op-Ed of today's New York Times.
- ped- — pedo-1
- pedi — a pedicure
5 letter words containing ped
6 letter words containing ped
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
- apedom — the state of being an ape
- beeped — Simple past tense and past participle of beep.
- camped — If people are camped or camped out somewhere in the open air, they are living, staying, or waiting there, often in tents.
- capped — a capital letter.
7 letter words containing ped
- -lipped — -lipped combines with adjectives to form other adjectives which describe the sort of lips that someone has.
- -shaped — -shaped combines with nouns to form adjectives that describe the shape of an object.
- -tipped — -tipped combines with nouns to form adjectives that describe something as having a tip made of a particular substance or covered with a particular material.
- bipedal — having two feet
- champed — Simple past tense and past participle of champ.
8 letter words containing ped
- anguiped — having snakes for feet or legs
- centiped — Archaic form of centipede.
- cheliped — (of an arthropod) either of two legs which each carry a claw
- cirriped — any of a class (Cirripedia) of saltwater crustaceans that are attached or parasitic as adults, including the barnacles and the rhizocephalans
- decamped — Simple past tense and past participle of decamp.
9 letter words containing ped
- anguipede — a mythological creature of Persian origin with a rooster's head and snakes for legs
- antipedal — (in a mollusk) located opposite the foot.
- backpedal — to press backward on the pedals of a bicycle, as to brake
- barhopped — Simple past tense and past participle of barhop.
- bipedally — in a bipedal manner
10 letter words containing ped
- airdropped — Simple past tense and past participle of airdrop.
- awl-shaped — shaped like an awl
- back-pedal — If you back-pedal, you express a different or less forceful opinion about something from the one you have previously expressed.
- backpedals — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of backpedal.
- bipedalism — the condition or state of having two feet
11 letter words containing ped
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- backpedaled — (US) Simple past tense and past participle of backpedal.
- backslapped — Simple past tense and past participle of backslap.
- backstopped — Simple past tense and past participle of backstop.
- bell-shaped — shaped like a bell
12 letter words containing ped
- back-stopped — a wall, wire screen, or the like, serving to prevent a ball from going too far beyond the normal playing area.
- backpedaling — to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
- backpedalled — (AU, NZ, British) Simple past tense and past participle of backpedal.
- boobytrapped — to set with or as if with a booby trap; attach a booby trap to or in.
- cigar-shaped — resembling a cigar in shape
13 letter words containing ped
- almond-shaped — oval
- backpedalling — to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
- barrel-shaped — having the shape of a barrel
- booby-trapped — (of a building, vehicle, etc) planted with a booby trap
- candy-striped — (esp of clothing fabric) having narrow coloured stripes on a white background
14 letter words containing ped
- back-pedalling — a retreat from or a retraction of a previously held view
- diamond-shaped — rhombic
- encyclopedical — (American spelling) alternative spelling of encyclopaedical.
- encyclopedists — Plural form of encyclopedist.
- half-pedalling — a technique of piano playing in which the sustaining pedal is raised and immediately depressed thus allowing the lower strings to continue sounding
15 letter words containing ped
- crescent-shaped — having the shape of a crescent
- encyclopedicity — The quality or state of being encyclopedic.
- expeditiousness — The state of being expeditious; celerity, rapidity or speed.
- non-handicapped — Sometimes Offensive. physically or mentally disabled.
- parallelopipeda — plural of parallelopipedon
16 letter words containing ped
20 letter words containing ped
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- mechanical-impedance — Electricity. the total opposition to alternating current by an electric circuit, equal to the square root of the sum of the squares of the resistance and reactance of the circuit and usually expressed in ohms. Symbol: Z.
On this page, we collect all words with PED. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 881 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PED that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.