Words containing pat
3 letter words containing pat
- pat — to strike lightly or gently with something flat, as with a paddle or the palm of the hand, usually in order to flatten, smooth, or shape: to pat dough into flat pastry forms.
4 letter words containing pat
- pata — 1. (storage) Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment. 2. Pooling Agreement for Technical Assistance.
- patd — patented
- pate — porcelain paste used in ceramic work.
- path — a way beaten, formed, or trodden by the feet of persons or animals.
- pato — an Argentine game played by two teams of four on horseback, resembling a cross between polo and basketball, using a ball with six large leather handles, the object of which is to place or throw the ball through the opponent's net that hangs from a 9 feet (2.7 meters) high pole.
5 letter words containing pat
- -path — denoting a person suffering from a specified disease or disorder
- bepat — to pat
- expat — An expatriate; a person who lives outside his or her own country.
- patch — Alexander McCarrell [muh-kar-uh l] /məˈkær əl/ (Show IPA), 1889–1945, U.S. World War II general.
- patco — Professional Air Traffic Controllers' Organization
6 letter words containing pat
- -pated — having a (specified kind of) pate, or head
- -pathy — indicating feeling, sensitivity, or perception
- apathy — You can use apathy to talk about someone's state of mind if you are criticizing them because they do not seem to be interested in or enthusiastic about anything.
- bypath — a little-used path or track, esp in the country
- cowpat — A cowpat is a pile of faeces from a cow.
7 letter words containing pat
- -pathia — -pathy (sense 2) -pathy (sense 2a)
- -pathic — feeling or suffering in a (specified) way or because of a (specified) condition
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
- apathia — absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
- apatite — a pale green to purple mineral, found in igneous rocks and metamorphosed limestones. It is used in the manufacture of phosphorus, phosphates, and fertilizers. Composition: calcium fluorophosphate or calcium chlorophosphate. General formula: Ca5(PO4,CO3)3(F,OH,Cl). Crystal structure: hexagonal
8 letter words containing pat
- allopath — a person who practises or is skilled in allopathy
- apatetic — of or relating to coloration that disguises and protects an animal
- apatheia — absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
- apathies — absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement.
- apatites — Plural form of apatite.
9 letter words containing pat
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- addlepate — Alternative form of addle pate.
- allopathy — the orthodox medical method of treating disease, by inducing a condition different from or opposed to the cause of the disease
- allopatry — the condition of existing in areas that are geographically separated from one another; esp the condition of genetically similar species which cannot interbreed because of this geographical separation
- antipater — ?398–319 bc, Macedonian general under Alexander the Great: regent of Macedon (334–323)
10 letter words containing pat
- -spattered — -spattered is added to nouns to form adjectives which indicate that a liquid has spattered onto something.
- addlepated — addlebrained.
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- allopathic — of, relating to, or used in allopathy
- allopatric — (of biological speciation or species) taking place or existing in areas that are geographically separated from one another
11 letter words containing pat
- aggrupation — (Philippines) A group, an organization.
- allelopathy — the inhibitory effect of one living plant upon another by the release of toxic substances
- amphipathic — of or relating to a molecule that possesses both hydrophobic and hydrophilic elements, such as are found in detergents, or phospholipids of biological membranes
- anticipated — If an event, especially a cultural event, is eagerly anticipated, people expect that it will be very good, exciting, or interesting.
- anticipates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of anticipate.
12 letter words containing pat
13 letter words containing pat
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- anthropopathy — the attribution of human passions, etc, to a deity, object, etc
- anticipatable — capable of being anticipated
- anticipatedly — In an anticipated manner; in advance.
- anticipations — Plural form of anticipation.
14 letter words containing pat
15 letter words containing pat
- anthropopathism — ascription of human passions or feelings to a being or beings not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-pathogenic — Pathology. capable of producing disease: pathogenic bacteria.
- anti-patriarchy — a form of social organization in which the father is the supreme authority in the family, clan, or tribe and descent is reckoned in the male line, with the children belonging to the father's clan or tribe.
- archiepiscopate — the rank, office, or term of office of an archbishop
- compatibilities — capable of existing or living together in harmony: the most compatible married couple I know.
16 letter words containing pat
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
- antipathetically — In an antipathetic fashion.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- carpatho-ukraine — a region in W Ukraine: ceded by Czechoslovakia in 1945.
- emancipationists — Plural form of emancipationist.
17 letter words containing pat
- clinicopathologic — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- haemoglobinopathy — (medicine) Any of a group of inherited disorders in which haemoglobin does not function properly.
- histopathological — the science dealing with the histological structure of abnormal or diseased tissue; pathological histology.
- incompatibilities — not compatible; unable to exist together in harmony: She asked for a divorce because they were utterly incompatible.
- lymphadenopathies — Plural form of lymphadenopathy.
18 letter words containing pat
- antipatheticalness — The state or quality of being antipathetical.
- hepatosplenomegaly — Enlargement of both the liver and spleen.
- histocompatibility — the condition of having antigenic similarities such that cells or tissues transplanted from one (the donor) to another (the recipient) are not rejected.
- psychopathological — the science or study of mental disorders.
- self-preoccupation — the state of being preoccupied.
19 letter words containing pat
- clinicopathological — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- histopathologically — In a histopathological manner.
- leukoencephalopathy — (medicine) Any disease that effects the white matter of the brain.
- neuropathologically — In a neuropathologic way.
- parasympathomimetic — having an effect similar to that produced when the parasympathetic nervous system is stimulated
22 letter words containing pat
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
On this page, we collect all words with PAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1328 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PAT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.