Words containing pa
3 letter words containing pa
4 letter words containing pa
- arpa — a site concerned with internet infrastructure
- bupa — The British United Provident Association Limited: a company which provides private medical insurance
- capa — Robert, real name André Friedmann. 1913–54, Hungarian photographer, who established his reputation as a photojournalist during the Spanish Civil War
- cpag — Child Poverty Action Group
- dopa — an amino acid, C 9 H 11 NO 4 , formed from tyrosine in the liver during melanin and epinephrine biosynthesis: the L-dopa isomer is converted in the brain to dopamine.
5 letter words containing pa
- alapa — the light blow on the cheek delivered by the bishop in a confirmation service.
- amapa — a state of N Brazil, on the Amazon delta. Capital: Macapá. Pop: 516 511 (2002). Area: 143 716 sq km (55 489 sq miles)
- apace — If something develops or continues apace, it is developing or continuing quickly.
- apart — When people or things are apart, they are some distance from each other.
- apast — past; beyond.
6 letter words containing pa
- agapae — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- agapai — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- alpaca — Alpaca is a type of soft wool.
- apache — a member of a North American Indian people, formerly nomadic and warlike, inhabiting the southwestern US and N Mexico
- aparri — a seaport on N Luzon, in the N Philippines.
7 letter words containing pa
- adipate — a salt or ester of adipic acid.
- agrippa — Marcus Vipsanius (ˈmɑːkəs vɪpˈseɪnɪəs). 63–12 bc, Roman general: chief adviser and later son-in-law of Augustus
- airpack — an apparatus consisting of a face mask connected to a portable air supply, as an air tank that can be strapped to one's back, used especially by firefighters and search teams in areas of smoke, poisonous fumes, intense heat, etc.
- airpark — a small airport often near a business or residential area
- apaches — a Parisian gangster, rowdy, or ruffian.
8 letter words containing pa
- airspace — A country's airspace is the part of the sky that is over that country and is considered to belong to it.
- all-pass — Radio. (of a network, transducer, etc.) transmitting signals without significant attenuation of any frequencies.
- allopath — a person who practises or is skilled in allopathy
- anapaest — a metrical foot of three syllables, the first two short, the last long (◡ ◡ –)
- antepast — an appetizer
9 letter words containing pa
- accompany — If you accompany someone, you go somewhere with them.
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- aeropause — the region of the upper atmosphere above which aircraft cannot fly
- aerospace — Aerospace companies are involved in developing and making rockets, missiles, space vehicles, and related equipment.
10 letter words containing pa
- addlepated — addlebrained.
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
- afterpains — cramplike pains caused by contraction of the uterus after childbirth
- afterparty — An afterparty is a small party held after a larger event, to which only a small group of guests is invited.
- agapanthus — a liliaceous plant, Agapanthus africanus, of southern Africa, having rounded clusters of blue or white funnel-shaped flowers
11 letter words containing pa
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- accompanies — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
- accompanist — An accompanist is a musician, especially a pianist, who plays one part of a piece of music while someone else sings or plays the main tune.
- after-party — a usually exclusive party that takes place after a performance or other event or after the main party: The screening of the premiere was followed by an afterparty.
- allelopathy — the inhibitory effect of one living plant upon another by the release of toxic substances
12 letter words containing pa
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- alveopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
- anticipating — to realize beforehand; foretaste or foresee: to anticipate pleasure.
- anticipation — Anticipation is a feeling of excitement about something pleasant or exciting that you know is going to happen.
13 letter words containing pa
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- anthropopathy — the attribution of human passions, etc, to a deity, object, etc
- anti-pacifist — a person who believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or to violence of any kind.
- antiapartheid — (in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid former policy of segregating and economically and politically oppressing the nonwhite population.
14 letter words containing pa
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- alveolopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
- anteroparietal — situated in a forward part or on the wall of an organ or cavity.
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- anticipatorily — of, showing, or expressing anticipation.
15 letter words containing pa
- anthropopathism — ascription of human passions or feelings to a being or beings not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-pathogenic — Pathology. capable of producing disease: pathogenic bacteria.
- anti-patriarchy — a form of social organization in which the father is the supreme authority in the family, clan, or tribe and descent is reckoned in the male line, with the children belonging to the father's clan or tribe.
- anti-separatist — a person who separates, withdraws, or secedes, as from an established church.
- archiepiscopacy — a form of church government in which power is vested in archbishops.
16 letter words containing pa
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
17 letter words containing pa
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- clinicopathologic — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- counterpropaganda — propaganda to offset or nullify unfriendly or enemy propaganda.
- dipterocarpaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Dipterocarpaceae, a family of trees chiefly native to tropical SE Asia, having two-winged fruits. Many species yield useful timber and resins
18 letter words containing pa
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- grass-of-parnassus — any plant belonging to the genus Parnassia, of the saxifrage family, growing in marshy areas, having broad, smooth leaves and a single, pale flower.
- hepatosplenomegaly — Enlargement of both the liver and spleen.
- histocompatibility — the condition of having antigenic similarities such that cells or tissues transplanted from one (the donor) to another (the recipient) are not rejected.
- hypoparathyroidism — Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.
19 letter words containing pa
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- clinicopathological — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
- departmentalization — to divide into departments.
20 letter words containing pa
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing pa
22 letter words containing pa
23 letter words containing pa
26 letter words containing pa
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with PA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10353 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.