Words containing oto
3 letter words containing oto
- oto — a member of a Siouan-speaking tribe of North American Indians who formerly inhabited the lower Missouri River basin and now live in Oklahoma.
4 letter words containing oto
- boto — a freshwater South American dolphin, Inia geoffrensis, having a long snout and fluctuating in color between pink and gray: inhabits the Amazon and Orinoco river systems.
- foto — (informal) photo.
- goto — being a person who can be turned to for expert knowledge, advice, or reliable performance, especially in a crucial situation: He's our go-to guy in a budget crisis.
- koto — a Japanese musical instrument having numerous strings, usually seven or thirteen, that are stretched over a convex wooden sounding board and are plucked with three plectra, worn on the thumb, index finger, and middle finger of one hand.
- loto — Archaic form of lotto.
5 letter words containing oto
- botox — Botox is a substance that is injected into the face in order to make the skin look smoother.
- kioto — a city on S Honshu, in central Japan: the capital of Japan a.d. 794–1868.
- kotos — Plural form of koto.
- kotow — kowtow.
- kroto — Sir Harry, original name Harold Walter Krotoschiner, 1939–2016, British chemist. He discovered , with R.F. Curl and R.E. Smalley, the spherical carbon molecule known as fullerene, for which they were awarded the Nobel Prize for Chemistry (1996)
6 letter words containing oto
- azotos — Greek name of Ashdod.
- baotou — an industrial city in N China, in the central Inner Mongolia AR on the Yellow River. Pop: 1 367 000 (2005 est)
- botony — (of a cross) having arms terminating in the form of a trefoil: cross botonée.
- croton — any shrub or tree of the chiefly tropical euphorbiaceous genus Croton, esp C. tiglium, the seeds of which yield croton oil
- devoto — A devotee.
7 letter words containing oto
- aerotow — to tow (an aircraft) through the air.
- azotous — nitrous, containing nitrogen
- bimotor — an airplane or other vehicle that has two engines.
- biotope — a small area, such as the bark of a tree, that supports its own distinctive community
- botonee — (of a cross) having arms terminating in the form of a trefoil: cross botonée.
8 letter words containing oto
- -motored — having a specified type of motor or number of motors
- aerotone — a bath which incorporates massaging air jets
- autotomy — the casting off by an animal of a part of its body, to facilitate escape when attacked
- biotoxin — a toxic substance produced by a living organism
- colotomy — a colonic incision
9 letter words containing oto
- adenotomy — (anatomy) Dissection of, or incision into, a gland or glands.
- aeromotor — an engine that powers an aircraft
- aerophoto — aerial photograph.
- amniotomy — the artificial rupturing of the fetal membranes by a doctor or midwife to induce or expedite labour
- amyotonia — a condition in which the muscle tissues lack normal vigor and tension; lack of muscle tone
10 letter words containing oto
- anapodoton — (uncountable, rhetoric) The rhetorical device in which a main clause is implied by a subordinate clause, without mention.
- antiproton — the antiparticle of the proton; a particle having the same mass as the proton but an equal and opposite charge
- arrenotoky — parthenogenesis in which only males are produced.
- arthrotome — (surgery) A strong scalpel used in the dissection of joints.
- arthrotomy — (medicine) The surgical incision of a joint.
11 letter words containing oto
- agrotourism — tourism in which tourists take part in farm or village activities, as animal and crop care, cooking and cleaning, handicrafts, and entertainments.
- amniotomies — Plural form of amniotomy.
- antiprotons — Plural form of antiproton.
- arrhenotoky — a form of parthenogenesis which produces only male offspring
- arteriotomy — the surgical cutting of an artery or a cut made in an artery
12 letter words containing oto
13 letter words containing oto
- antiprotozoal — (medicine) That inhibits or destroys protozoa.
- autotoxicosis — autointoxication.
- bacteriotoxin — any toxin that kills bacteria
- batrachotoxin — a steroidal alkaloid, C31H42N2O6, found in the skin of certain Neotropical frogs (genus Phyllobates) and used on poison arrows: one of the most powerful natural neurotoxins known
- cainotophobia — Alternative form of cainophobia.
14 letter words containing oto
- andromedotoxin — a poisonous substance found in various plants of the family Ericaceae, and in particular in plants of the genus Andromeda
- antiprotozoals — Plural form of antiprotozoal.
- cardiotoxicity — The state or condition of being cardiotoxic.
- cholecystotomy — the surgical procedure of cutting into the gall bladder in order to extract gallstones
- choledochotomy — incision of the common bile duct.
15 letter words containing oto
- astrophotograph — a photograph of the heavenly bodies
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
- cytophotometers — Plural form of cytophotometer.
- cytophotometric — of or relating to cytophotometry
- diaphototropism — growth of a plant or plant part in a direction transverse to that of the light
16 letter words containing oto
17 letter words containing oto
- alphaphotographic — Of or pertaining to alphaphotographics.
- astrophotographer — A person, especially an astronomer, who takes photographs of the stars.
- ichthyosarcotoxin — a term applied to any poison found in the flesh of poisonous fishes.
- microphotographic — Relating to microphotography.
- nonphotosynthetic — the complex process by which carbon dioxide, water, and certain inorganic salts are converted into carbohydrates by green plants, algae, and certain bacteria, using energy from the sun and chlorophyll.
18 letter words containing oto
- alphaphotographics — A display made up of text characters combined with high-resolution photographic images (proposed as a future form of videotex).
- electrophotography — Any of several methods of photocopying in which an image is created and then transferred between surfaces using static electricity.
- photodecomposition — the breaking down of molecules by radiant energy.
- photoisomerization — isomerization induced by light.
- photomorphogenesis — plant development that is controlled by light.
19 letter words containing oto
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- electrophotographic — Of or pertaining to electrophotography.
- otorhinolaryngology — otolaryngology.
- photodisintegration — the disintegration of a nucleus, induced by its absorption of a photon.
- photopolymerization — polymerization induced by light.
20 letter words containing oto
- photophosphorylation — phosphorylation that utilizes light as a source of energy, as in the formation of ATP from ADP and phosphorus during photosynthesis.
- spectrophotoelectric — pertaining to the relationship between the wavelength of the incident radiation and the number of electrons released by a photoelectric substance.
21 letter words containing oto
22 letter words containing oto
- microspectrophotometer — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- microspectrophotometry — a spectrophotometer for examining light emitted, transmitted, or reflected by minute objects.
- otorhinolaryngological — of or relating to the medical practice involving the ear, nose, and throat.
- spectrophotometrically — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
23 letter words containing oto
- electrophotographically — In an electrophotographic manner; by means of electrophotography.
On this page, we collect all words with OTO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1388 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OTO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.