Words containing oste
5 letter words containing oste
6 letter words containing oste
- costed — the price paid to acquire, produce, accomplish, or maintain anything: the high cost of a good meal.
- costen — (transitive, obsolete) To try; tempt.
- coster — costermonger.
- foster — to promote the growth or development of; further; encourage: to foster new ideas.
- goster — to laugh uncontrollably
7 letter words containing oste
8 letter words containing oste
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
- costello — Elvis, real name Declan McManus. born 1954, British rock singer and songwriter. His recordings include This Year's Model (1978), "Oliver's Army" (1979), Spike (1989), Brutal Youth (1994), and When I Was Cruel (2003)
- endostea — Plural form of endosteum.
- fostered — to promote the growth or development of; further; encourage: to foster new ideas.
- fosterer — to promote the growth or development of; further; encourage: to foster new ideas.
9 letter words containing oste
- allostery — the condition of a protein (such as an enzyme) in which the structure and activity of the enzyme are modified by the binding of a metabolic molecule at a site other than the chemically active one
- baleboste — a capable, efficient housewife, especially a traditional Jewish one, devoted to maintaining a well-run home.
- cohostess — a woman who cohosts an event
- composted — Simple past tense and past participle of compost.
- composter — a bin or other container used to turn garden and kitchen waste into compost
10 letter words containing oste
- allosteric — of, relating to, or designating a function of an enzyme in which the structure and activity of the enzyme are modified by the binding of a metabolic molecule
- billposter — a person who is employed to stick advertising posters to walls, fences, etc
- boosterish — designed to boost business; optimistic
- boosterism — the practice of actively promoting a city, region, etc, and its local businesses
- coenosteum — the calcareous skeleton of a hydrocoral or a coral colony
11 letter words containing oste
- actinostele — (botany) A type of protostele, in which the core of vascular tissue in the stem extends outward in lobes.
- aldosterone — the principal mineralocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. A synthesized form is used in the treatment of Addison's disease. Formula: C21H27O5
- atactostele — (botany) A type of eustele, found in monocots, in which the vascular tissue in the stem exists as scattered bundles.
- coprosterol — a compound, C27H47OH, that is present in faeces and is formed by the reduction of cholesterol by intestinal bacteria
- dictyostele — a form of stele found in some ferns, containing so many gaps that it is like a network of separate strands
12 letter words containing oste
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- actinostelic — Of or possessing an actinostele.
- androsterone — an androgenic steroid hormone produced in the testes. Formula: C19H30O2
- atactostelic — Of or possessing an atactostele.
- costermonger — a person who sells fruit, vegetables, etc, from a barrow
13 letter words containing oste
- aldosteronism — high blood pressure caused by excess aldosterone in the blood and urine
- costermongers — Plural form of costermonger.
- ostensibility — The quality of being ostensible.
- osteoblastoma — (oncology) an uncommon osteoid tissue-forming primary neoplasm of the bone.
- osteofibrosis — loss of calcium from the bones, causing them to become fragile
14 letter words containing oste
- allosterically — In an allosteric manner.
- branchiostegal — of or relating to the operculum covering the gill slits of fish
- chemosterilant — any process or chemical compound that can produce sterility, used esp. in insect control
- chemosterilize — to sterilize (insects or other animals) with a chemosterilant.
- corticosteroid — any steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex that affects carbohydrate, protein, and electrolyte metabolism, gonad function, and immune response
15 letter words containing oste
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- autostereoscopy — The display of stereoscopic images without the use of special viewing equipment.
- branchiostegous — branchiostegal.
- chemosterilants — Plural form of chemosterilant.
16 letter words containing oste
- anterioposterior — Alternative form of anteroposterior.
- autostereoscopic — Of or pertaining to autostereoscopy.
- microstethoscope — a stethoscope containing an apparatus that greatly amplifies the sounds heard.
- ostentatiousness — characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.
- osteoarchaeology — the branch of archaeology that deals with the study of bones found at archaeological sites
18 letter words containing oste
- hyperaldosteronism — aldosteronism.
- methyltestosterone — a synthetic androgenic steroid drug, C 2 0 H 3 0 O 2 , used for its anabolic properties in males in the treatment of hypogonadism and other androgen-deficiency disease states, and in females in the treatment of breast cancer.
- osteoradionecrosis — bone tissue death induced by radiation.
19 letter words containing oste
20 letter words containing oste
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
22 letter words containing oste
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
On this page, we collect all words with OSTE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 358 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OSTE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.