Words containing ost
4 letter words containing ost
- cost — The cost of something is the amount of money that is needed in order to buy, do, or make it.
- dost — 2nd person singular present ind. of do1 .
- host — the bread or wafer consecrated in the celebration of the Eucharist.
- lost — no longer possessed or retained: lost friends.
- most — great in quantity, measure, or degree: too much cake.
5 letter words containing ost
- alost — a town in central Belgium, in East Flanders province. Pop: 76 852 (2004 est)
- aosta — a town in NW Italy, capital of Valle d'Aosta region: Roman remains. Pop: 34 062 (2001)
- boost — If one thing boosts another, it causes it to increase, improve, or be more successful.
- costa — a riblike part, such as the midrib of a plant leaf
- frost — Robert (Lee) 1874–1963, U.S. poet.
6 letter words containing ost
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
- almost — You use almost to indicate that something is not completely the case but is nearly the case.
- boston — a card game for four, played with two packs
- costae — a rib or riblike part.
- costal — of or near a rib or the ribs
7 letter words containing ost
- accosts — to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
- aftmost — furthest aft; furthest towards the rear; rearmost
- apostil — a marginal note
- apostle — The apostles were the followers of Jesus Christ who went from place to place telling people about him and trying to persuade them to become Christians.
- ariosto — Ludovico (ludoˈviːko). 1474–1533, Italian poet, famous for his romantic epic Orlando Furioso (1516)
8 letter words containing ost
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
- acrostic — a number of lines of writing, such as a poem, certain letters of which form a word, proverb, etc. A single acrostic is formed by the initial letters of the lines, a double acrostic by the initial and final letters, and a triple acrostic by the initial, middle, and final letters
- aerostat — a lighter-than-air craft, such as a balloon
- agnostic — An agnostic believes that it is not possible to know whether God exists or not. Compare atheist.
- agostini — Giacomo (ˈdʒaːkomo). born 1942, Italian racing motorcyclist: world champion (500 cc. class) 1966–72, 1975; (350 cc. class) 1968–74
9 letter words containing ost
- aftermost — closer or closest to the rear or (in a vessel) the stern; last
- anacostia — a section of the District of Columbia, in the SE part.
- angostura — the bitter, aromatic bark of either of two South American citrus trees, Galipea officinalis or G. cusparia, used in medicine and in the preparation of liqueurs and bitters.
- ante-post — In gambling, ante-post bets are placed before the day of a particular race or competition.
- anticosti — an island of E Canada, in the Gulf of St Lawrence; part of Quebec. Area: 7881 sq km (3043 sq miles)
10 letter words containing ost
- acrostical — relating to an acrostic
- aerostatic — of or relating to aerostatics.
- allosteric — of, relating to, or designating a function of an enzyme in which the structure and activity of the enzyme are modified by the binding of a metabolic molecule
- antrostomy — (surgery) Incision and drainage of the antrum.
- apostatize — to forsake or abandon one's belief, faith, or allegiance
11 letter words containing ost
- aerostatics — the study of gases in equilibrium and bodies held in equilibrium in gases
- aerostation — the science of operating lighter-than-air craft
- agnosticism — Agnosticism is the belief that it is not possible to say definitely whether or not there is a God. Compare atheism.
- agrostology — the branch of botany concerned with the study of grasses
- aldosterone — the principal mineralocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. A synthesized form is used in the treatment of Addison's disease. Formula: C21H27O5
12 letter words containing ost
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- agnostically — a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan.
- androsterone — an androgenic steroid hormone produced in the testes. Formula: C19H30O2
- apostolicity — the quality of being apostolic
- apostrophise — to address by apostrophe.
13 letter words containing ost
- aerostructure — any separately manufactured unit, component, or section of an aircraft or other vehicle capable of flight
- agrostography — a treatise on grasses.
- aldosteronism — high blood pressure caused by excess aldosterone in the blood and urine
- amphiprostyle — (esp of a classical temple) having a set of columns at both ends but not at the sides
- autostability — the property of being stable either as a result of inherent characteristics or of built-in devices
14 letter words containing ost
- bacteriostasis — inhibition of the growth and reproduction of bacteria, esp by the action of a chemical agent
- bacteriostatic — the prevention of the further growth of bacteria.
- branchiostegal — of or relating to the operculum covering the gill slits of fish
- chemosterilant — any process or chemical compound that can produce sterility, used esp. in insect control
- chemosterilize — to sterilize (insects or other animals) with a chemosterilant.
15 letter words containing ost
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
16 letter words containing ost
- cost-efficiently — cost-effective.
- lexicostatistics — the statistical study of the vocabulary of a language or languages for historical purposes.
- magnetostriction — a change in dimensions exhibited by ferromagnetic materials when subjected to a magnetic field.
- microstethoscope — a stethoscope containing an apparatus that greatly amplifies the sounds heard.
- ostentatiousness — characterized by or given to pretentious or conspicuous show in an attempt to impress others: an ostentatious dresser.
17 letter words containing ost
- gastroenterostomy — the making of a new passage between the stomach and the duodenum (gastroduodenostomy) or, especially, the jejunum (gastrojejunostomy)
- gastrojejunostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- immunodiagnostics — the determination of immunologic characteristics of individuals, cells, and other biologic entities.
- lithostratigraphy — the study or character of stratified rocks based solely on their physical and petrographic features.
- post-depositional — removal from an office or position.
18 letter words containing ost
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- hyperaldosteronism — aldosteronism.
- methyltestosterone — a synthetic androgenic steroid drug, C 2 0 H 3 0 O 2 , used for its anabolic properties in males in the treatment of hypogonadism and other androgen-deficiency disease states, and in females in the treatment of breast cancer.
- osteoradionecrosis — bone tissue death induced by radiation.
19 letter words containing ost
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
- most-favored-nation — of or relating to the status, treatment, terms, etc., that are embodied in or conferred by a most-favored-nation clause.
20 letter words containing ost
21 letter words containing ost
22 letter words containing ost
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
On this page, we collect all words with OST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2224 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OST that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.