Words containing os
3 letter words containing os
- cos — one of the Greek Dodecanese Islands in the SE Aegean Sea, off the SW coast of Turkey. 111 sq. mi. (287 sq. km).
4 letter words containing os
- amos — a Hebrew prophet of the 8th century bc
- bios — Basic Input Output System: the built-in software which controls the primary functions of a PC
- bosc — a sweet, russet winter pear
- bose — Sir Jagadis Chandra (dʒəɡəˈdiːs ˈtʃʌndrə). 1858–1937, Indian physicist and plant physiologist
- bosh — empty or meaningless talk or opinions; nonsense
5 letter words containing os
6 letter words containing os
- abydos — an ancient town in central Egypt: site of many temples and tombs
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- aftosa — foot-and-mouth disease.
- ahmose — 1580–1557 b.c, founder of the New Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
7 letter words containing os
8 letter words containing os
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- acarbose — a type of diabetes medicine taken orally to slow and reduce the supply of glucose to the blood.
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
- acidosis — a condition characterized by an abnormal increase in the acidity of the blood and extracellular fluids
- acrosome — a cap-like structure on the tip of a spermatozoon that releases enzymes on encountering the ovum allowing fusion with the ovum in the sexual reproductive process; this part of the process is known as the acrosome reaction
9 letter words containing os
- acrospire — the first shoot developing from the plumule of a germinating grain seed
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- adenosine — a nucleoside formed by the condensation of adenine and ribose. It is present in all living cells in a combined form, as in ribonucleic acids. Formula: C10H13N5O4
- adiposity — the state of being fat; obesity
- aerospace — Aerospace companies are involved in developing and making rockets, missiles, space vehicles, and related equipment.
10 letter words containing os
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- acrostical — relating to an acrostic
- actomyosin — a complex protein in skeletal muscle that is formed by actin and myosin and which, when stimulated, shortens to cause muscle contraction
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- aerobiosis — life in the presence of oxygen
11 letter words containing os
- adenomyosis — (medicine) A medical condition characterized by the presence of ectopic glandular tissue in the surrounding muscles, particularly of the endometrial tissue of the uterus in the myometrium, sometimes considered as a form of endometriosis.
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
- aerostatics — the study of gases in equilibrium and bodies held in equilibrium in gases
- aerostation — the science of operating lighter-than-air craft
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
12 letter words containing os
- acetostearin — a waxlike, nongreasy solid, C 23 H 44 O 5 : used chiefly as a food preservative and as a plasticizer.
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- aeroneurosis — a functional disorder of aeroplane pilots characterized by anxiety and various psychosomatic disturbances, caused by insufficient oxygen at high altitudes and the emotional tension of flying
- agnostically — a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan.
13 letter words containing os
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- aerosinusitis — inflammation of the nasal sinuses caused by the effect on the sinuses of changes in atmospheric pressure.
- aerostructure — any separately manufactured unit, component, or section of an aircraft or other vehicle capable of flight
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- agrostography — a treatise on grasses.
14 letter words containing os
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- amphiarthroses — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- amphiarthrosis — a type of articulation permitting only slight movement, as between the vertebrae of the backbone
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
15 letter words containing os
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- ancylostomiasis — infestation of the human intestine with blood-sucking hookworms, causing progressive anaemia
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- ankylostomiasis — ancylostomiasis
16 letter words containing os
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
- arteriosclerotic — degenerative changes in the arteries, characterized by thickening of the vessel walls and accumulation of calcium with consequent loss of elasticity and lessened blood flow.
- closed-captioned — (of a video recording) having subtitles which appear on screen only if the cassette is played through a special decoder
17 letter words containing os
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- autosensitization — autoimmunization.
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
18 letter words containing os
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- coccidioidomycosis — a disease of the skin or viscera, esp the lungs, caused by infection with the fungus Coccidioides immitis
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- cross-disciplinary — linking two or more fields of study
19 letter words containing os
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
20 letter words containing os
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
21 letter words containing os
22 letter words containing os
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words with OS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10383 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.