Words containing ory
4 letter words containing ory
- -ory — indicating a place for
- cory — any of various freshwater catfish belonging to the South American Corydoras genus
- dory — a boat with a narrow, flat bottom, high bow, and flaring sides.
- gory — covered or stained with gore; bloody.
- lory — any of several small, usually brilliantly colored Australasian parrots having the tongue bordered with a brushlike fringe for feeding on nectar and fruit juices.
5 letter words containing ory
- amory — a male or female given name.
- emory — a masculine name: var. Emery; equiv. Ger. Emmerich, It. Amerigo
- flory — fleury.
- glory — very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; renown: to win glory on the field of battle.
- ivory — the hard white substance, a variety of dentin, composing the main part of the tusks of the elephant, walrus, etc.
6 letter words containing ory
- -atory — of, relating to, characterized by, or serving to
- -story — -story is used after numbers to form adjectives that indicate that a building has a particular number of floors or levels.
- armory — armor or armorial bearings
- calory — calorie
- corymb — an inflorescence in the form of a flat-topped flower cluster with the oldest flowers at the periphery. This type of raceme occurs in the candytuft
7 letter words containing ory
- amatory — of, relating to, or inciting sexual love or desire
- anchory — ancré.
- castory — the dye derived from beaver pelts
- chicory — Chicory is a plant with crunchy bitter-tasting leaves. It is eaten in salads, and its roots are sometimes used instead of coffee.
- coryate — Thomas, 1577–1617, English traveler and author.
8 letter words containing ory
- additory — additional
- advisory — An advisory group regularly gives suggestions and help to people or organizations, especially about a particular subject or area of activity.
- aleatory — dependent on chance
- allegory — An allegory is a story, poem, or painting in which the characters and events are symbols of something else. Allegories are often moral, religious, or political.
- apospory — development of the gametophyte from the sporophyte without the formation of spores
9 letter words containing ory
- accessory — Accessories are items of equipment that are not usually essential, but which can be used with or added to something else in order to make it more efficient, useful, or decorative.
- adulatory — If someone makes an adulatory comment about someone, they praise them and show their admiration of them.
- amphigory — a piece of nonsensical writing in verse or, less commonly, prose
- antistory — a story which does not conform to the established conventions of storytelling
- assertory — characterized by or relating to declaration or affirmation
10 letter words containing ory
11 letter words containing ory
- absolvitory — Of or pertaining to a dismissal or an acquittal.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acquisitory — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- aggregatory — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
12 letter words containing ory
13 letter words containing ory
14 letter words containing ory
- antiregulatory — opposed to regulation
- circumgyratory — characterized by circumgyration
- circumlocutory — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
- circumnutatory — relating to circumnutation
- circumrotatory — Turning, rolling, or whirling round.
15 letter words containing ory
- corynebacterial — relating to bacteria of the genus Corynebacterium
- corynebacterium — any of various bacterium of the genus Corynebacterium, including various animal and plant pathogens and animal parasites
- dephosphorylate — to remove a phosphate group from (an organic compound)
- dissatisfactory — causing dissatisfaction; unsatisfactory: dissatisfactory service.
- excommunicatory — Relating to excommunication.
16 letter words containing ory
- antiinflammatory — Alternative spelling of anti-inflammatory.
- circumnavigatory — Pertaining to circumnavigation.
- diphosphorylated — (biochemistry) phosphorylated with two units of phosphoric acid.
- glory-of-the-sun — a bulbous, Chilean plant, Leucocoryne ixioides, of the amaryllis family, having fragrant, white or blue flowers.
- immunomodulatory — (medical) Having the ability to alter or regulate immune functions.
17 letter words containing ory
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- cardiorespiratory — of, relating to, or affecting the heart and respiratory system.
- dephosphorylation — the removal of a phosphate group from an organic compound, as in the changing of ATP to ADP.
- glory-of-the-snow — any of several plants belonging to the genus Chionodoxa, of the lily family, native to the Old World, having showy, blue, white, or pink flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- nondiscriminatory — characterized by or showing prejudicial treatment, especially as an indication of bias related to age, color, national origin, religion, sex, etc.: discriminatory practices in housing; a discriminatory tax.
18 letter words containing ory
- hexaphosphorylated — (biochemistry) phosphorylated with six units of phosphoric acid.
- hyperphosphorylate — To phosphorylate fully.
- hypophosphorylated — (biochemistry) phosphorylated to a less than normal extent, or less than fully.
- monophosphorylated — (biochemistry) phosphorylated with a single unit of phosphoric acid.
- self-contradictory — an act or instance of contradicting oneself or itself.
19 letter words containing ory
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
- hyperphosphorylated — Simple past tense and past participle of hyperphosphorylate.
- self-congratulatory — the expression or feeling of uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's own accomplishment, good fortune, etc.; complacency.
20 letter words containing ory
- photophosphorylation — phosphorylation that utilizes light as a source of energy, as in the formation of ATP from ADP and phosphorus during photosynthesis.
21 letter words containing ory
- pellitory-of-the-wall — an urticaceous plant, P. diffusa, of the S and W European genus Parietaria, which grows in crevices and has long narrow leaves and small pink flowers
35 letter words containing ory
- trust-territory-the-pacific-islands — a U.S. trust territory in the Pacific Ocean, comprising the Mariana, Marshall, and Caroline Islands: approved by the United Nations 1947; since 1976 constituents of the trusteeship have established or moved toward self-government. 717 sq. mi. (1857 sq. km).
On this page, we collect all words with ORY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1348 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ORY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.