Words containing orth
5 letter words containing orth
- forth — onward or outward in place or space; forward: to come forth; go forth.
- north — Christopher, pen name of John Wilson.
- orth. — Orthodox (religion)
- ortho — pertaining to or occupying two adjacent positions in the benzene ring. Compare meta2 , para3 .
- worth — good or important enough to justify (what is specified): advice worth taking; a place worth visiting.
6 letter words containing orth
7 letter words containing orth
- -worthy — -worthy can be added to words to form adjectives which indicate that someone or something deserves a particular thing or action. For example, if a remark or person is quote-worthy, they are worth quoting.
- 51forth — (language) A subroutine-threaded Forth for the 8051 by Scott Gehmlich. It comes with source and documentation.
- e-forth — (language) A Forth interpreter written in Motorla 6809 assembly code by Lennart Benschop <[email protected]>. Posted to Usenet newsgroup alt.sources on 1993-11-03 with a Motorola 6809 assembler.
- haworth — Sir Walter Norman, 1883–1950, English chemist: Nobel Prize 1937.
- norther — Chiefly Texas and Oklahoma. a cold gale from the north, formed during the winter by a vigorous outbreak of continental polar air behind a cold front.
8 letter words containing orth
- bedworth — a town in central England, in N Warwickshire. Pop: 30 001 (2001)
- cudworth — Ralph. 1617–88, English philosopher and theologian. His works include True Intellectual System of the Universe (1678) and A Treatise concerning Eternal and Immutable Morality (1731)
- forthink — to regret or rethink
- hayworth — Rita (Margarita Carmen Cansino) 1918–87, U.S. dancer and actress.
- hepworth — Dame Barbara, 1903–75, English sculptor.
9 letter words containing orth
- airworthy — If an aircraft is airworthy, it is safe to fly.
- anorthite — a white to greyish-white or reddish-white mineral of the feldspar group and plagioclase series, found chiefly in igneous rocks and more rarely in metamorphic rocks. It is used in the manufacture of glass and ceramics. Composition: calcium aluminium silicate. Formula: CaAl2Si2O8. Crystal structure: triclinic
- coopworth — a New Zealand and Australian breed of sheep derived from the Romney Marsh
- cornforth — Sir John Warcup. 1917–2014, Australian chemist, who shared the 1975 Nobel prize for chemistry with Vladimir Prelog for their work on stereochemistry
- dankworth — Sir John (Philip William). 1927–2010, British jazz composer, bandleader, and saxophonist: married to Cleo Laine
10 letter words containing orth
- coatsworth — Elizabeth, 1893–1986, U.S. writer, especially of children's books.
- diorthosis — the act or process of straightening something, esp a deformity in something
- diorthotic — involving or relating to the revision of a literary text
- farnsworth — Philo Taylor [fahy-loh] /ˈfaɪ loʊ/ (Show IPA), 1906–71, U.S. physicist and inventor: pioneer in the field of television.
- forthbring — (obsolete) To bring forth; bring out; produce.
11 letter words containing orth
- anorthosite — a coarse-grained plutonic igneous rock consisting almost entirely of plagioclase feldspar
- blameworthy — deserving disapproval or censure
- butterworth — George. 1885–1916, British composer, noted for his interest in folk song and his settings of Housman's poems
- crashworthy — (of a vehicle) Capable of withstanding a crash.
- crushworthy — (usually, of a, person) Suitable for a crush (infatuation): attractive.
12 letter words containing orth
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- anorthositic — resembling or consisting of anorthosite
- battleworthy — capable of engaging in combat; ready for battle: a decline in the nation's battleworthy forces.
- creditworthy — A creditworthy person or organization is one who can safely be lent money or allowed to have goods on credit, for example because in the past they have always paid back what they owe.
- cringeworthy — Causing feelings of embarrassment or awkwardness.
13 letter words containing orth
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- forthbringing — Present participle of forthbring.
- neo-orthodoxy — a movement in Protestant theology, beginning after World War I, stressing the absolute sovereignty of God and chiefly characterized by a reaction against liberal theology and a reaffirmation of certain doctrines of the Reformation.
- north-eastern — North-eastern means in or from the north-east of a region or country.
- north-western — North-western means in or from the north-west of a region or country.
14 letter words containing orth
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- chlorthalidone — a diuretic used in the treatment of congestive heart failure and hypertension
- east-northeast — the point on a compass midway between east and northeast.
- farthingsworth — the amount that can be bought with a farthing; a small amount
- forthrightness — The characteristic or quality of being forthright.
15 letter words containing orth
- crashworthiness — the ability of a vehicle structure to withstand a crash
- faithworthiness — the quality of being faithworthy
- forthcomingness — coming, forth, or about to come forth; about to appear; approaching in time: the forthcoming concert.
- noncreditworthy — Not creditworthy.
- north-northeast — the point on the compass midway between north and northeast. Abbreviation: NNE.
16 letter words containing orth
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- northamptonshire — a county in central England. 914 sq. mi. (2365 sq. km).
- northwesternmost — Farthest northwest.
- orthographically — In an orthographical manner; using proper spelling, capitalization and grammar.
- orthosympathetic — Of or pertaining to the sympathetic component of the autonomic nervous system.
17 letter words containing orth
- northcountrywoman — a female native or inhabitant of the North of England
- ortho-nitrophenol — any compound derived from phenol by the replacement of one or more of its ring hydrogen atoms by the nitro group.
- orthogonalization — (mathematics) The process of converting a set of functions or vectors into orthogonal ones.
18 letter words containing orth
- west-northwestward — moving, bearing, facing, or situated toward the west-northwest.
19 letter words containing orth
21 letter words containing orth
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
On this page, we collect all words with ORTH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 718 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ORTH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.