Words containing ort
3 letter words containing ort
- ort — Usually, orts. a scrap or morsel of food left at a meal.
4 letter words containing ort
- bort — an inferior grade of diamond used for cutting and drilling or, in powdered form, as an industrial abrasive
- dort — Dordrecht.
- fort — a strong or fortified place occupied by troops and usually surrounded by walls, ditches, and other defensive works; a fortress; fortification.
- mort — a male given name, form of Mortimer or Morton.
- oort — Jan Hendrick. 1900–92, Dutch astronomer, who confirmed (1927) and developed the theory of galactic rotation. He was the first to propose (1950) the existence of a mass of comets orbiting the sun far beyond the orbit of Pluto (the Oort cloud)
5 letter words containing ort
- abort — If an unborn baby is aborted, the pregnancy is ended deliberately and the baby is not born alive.
- amort — utterly dejected, depressed, lifeless or listless
- aorta — The aorta is the main artery through which blood leaves your heart before it flows through the rest of your body.
- aport — on or towards the port side
- borty — low-quality diamond, in granular aggregate or small fragments, valuable only in crushed or powdered form, especially for industrial use as an abrasive.
6 letter words containing ort
- aortal — the main trunk of the arterial system, conveying blood from the left ventricle of the heart to all of the body except the lungs.
- aortic — the main trunk of the arterial system, conveying blood from the left ventricle of the heart to all of the body except the lungs.
- apport — the production of objects by apparently supernatural means at a spiritualists' seance
- assort — to arrange or distribute into groups of the same type; classify
- cavort — When people cavort, they leap about in a noisy and excited way.
7 letter words containing ort
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- airport — An airport is a place where aircraft land and take off, which has buildings and facilities for passengers.
- allport — Gordon W(illard) 1897–1967, U.S. psychologist and educator.
- awlwort — a small stemless aquatic plant, Subularia aquatica, of the N hemisphere, having slender sharp-pointed leaves and minute, often submerged, white flowers: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- belfort — a fortress town in E France: strategically situated in the Belfort Gap between the Vosges and the Jura mountains. Pop: 50 417 (1999)
8 letter words containing ort
- abortion — If a woman has an abortion, she ends her pregnancy deliberately so that the baby is not born alive.
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- amfortas — (in medieval legend) the leader of the knights of the Holy Grail
- amortise — amortize
- amortize — In finance, if you amortize a debt, you pay it back in regular payments.
9 letter words containing ort
- abortuary — a place where abortions are carried out
- abortuses — immature placental or fetal tissue prematurely passed or curetted.
- airworthy — If an aircraft is airworthy, it is safe to fly.
- amortised — Finance. to liquidate or extinguish (a mortgage, debt, or other obligation), especially by periodic payments to the creditor or to a sinking fund. to write off a cost of (an asset) gradually.
- amortized — Finance. to liquidate or extinguish (a mortgage, debt, or other obligation), especially by periodic payments to the creditor or to a sinking fund. to write off a cost of (an asset) gradually.
10 letter words containing ort
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- amersfoort — a town in the central Netherlands, in E Utrecht province. Pop: 131 000 (2003 est)
- antemortem — made or done just before one's death
- assortment — An assortment is a group of similar things that are of different sizes or colours or have different qualities.
- barrenwort — a herbaceous European berberidaceous plant, Epimedium alpinum, having red-and-yellow star-shaped flowers
11 letter words containing ort
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- amortizable — Finance. to liquidate or extinguish (a mortgage, debt, or other obligation), especially by periodic payments to the creditor or to a sinking fund. to write off a cost of (an asset) gradually.
- anorthosite — a coarse-grained plutonic igneous rock consisting almost entirely of plagioclase feldspar
- ante-mortem — (esp in legal or medical contexts) before death
- anteportico — a lesser portico preceding a main portico.
12 letter words containing ort
- amortisation — Alternative spelling of amortization.
- amortization — the process of amortizing a debt
- amortizement — a sloping top on a buttress, pillar, etc.
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- antiabortion — opposed to induced or surgical abortions
13 letter words containing ort
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- all-important — crucial; vital
- anti-abortion — opposed to abortion
- apportionable — to distribute or allocate proportionally; divide and assign according to some rule of proportional distribution: to apportion expenses among the three men.
14 letter words containing ort
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- chlorthalidone — a diuretic used in the treatment of congestive heart failure and hypertension
- comfortability — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- corticosteroid — any steroid hormone produced by the adrenal cortex that affects carbohydrate, protein, and electrolyte metabolism, gonad function, and immune response
15 letter words containing ort
- comfortableness — (of clothing, furniture, etc.) producing or affording physical comfort, support, or ease: a comfortable chair; comfortable shoes.
- crashworthiness — the ability of a vehicle structure to withstand a crash
- disproportional — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- disproportioned — lack of proportion; lack of proper relationship in size, number, etc.: architectural disproportions.
- effort-syndrome — an anxiety reaction characterized by quick fatigue, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, dizziness, and other cardiac symptoms, but not caused by disease of the heart.
16 letter words containing ort
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- brick-and-mortar — pertaining to conventional stores, businesses, etc., having physical buildings and facilities, as opposed to Internet or remote services.
- creditworthiness — having a satisfactory credit rating.
- disproportionate — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- malapportionment — (of a state or other political unit) poorly apportioned, especially divided, organized, or structured in a manner that prevents large sections of a population from having equitable representation in a legislative body.
17 letter words containing ort
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- disproportionally — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- mineralocorticoid — Biochemistry. any of a group of corticosteroid hormones, synthesized by the adrenal cortex, that regulate the excretion or reabsorption of sodium and potassium by the kidneys, salivary glands, and sweat glands.
18 letter words containing ort
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
- disproportionately — not proportionate; out of proportion, as in size or number.
- disproportionation — the simultaneous oxidation and reduction of a substance reacting with itself, thereby forming two dissimilar molecules, as 2C 2 H 4 →C 2 H 6 +C 2 H 2 .
- portion-controlled — being a standardized portion of food: The restaurant uses frozen, portion-controlled entrées.
19 letter words containing ort
20 letter words containing ort
21 letter words containing ort
On this page, we collect all words with ORT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2985 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ORT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.