Words containing opsi
5 letter words containing opsi
- opsin — any of several compounds that form the protein component of the light-sensitive retina pigment, rhodopsin.
6 letter words containing opsi
- -opsis — indicating a specified appearance or resemblance
7 letter words containing opsi
8 letter words containing opsi
- anoopsia — a form of squint in which the eye turns upwards
- autopsic — relating to autopsy
- biopsied — the removal for diagnostic study of a piece of tissue from a living body.
- cropsick — unwell as a result of excessive eating or drinking
- diopside — a monoclinic pyroxene mineral, calcium magnesium silicate, CaMg(SiO 3) 2 , occurring in various colors, usually in crystals.
9 letter words containing opsi
- amylopsin — an enzyme of the pancreatic juice that converts starch into sugar; pancreatic amylase
- autopsied — inspection and dissection of a body after death, as for determination of the cause of death; postmortem examination.
- autopsies — Plural form of autopsy.
- autopsist — a surgeon who specializes in conducting autopsies
- caryopsis — a dry seedlike fruit having the pericarp fused to the seed coat of the single seed: produced by the grasses
10 letter words containing opsi
- ampelopsis — any woody vine of the vitaceous genus Ampelopsis, of tropical and subtropical Asia and America
- calliopsis — coreopsis
- ceratopsid — a dinosaur belonging to the family Ceratopsidae, characterized by their parrot-like beaks, horns and neck frills
- corylopsis — any of various deciduous shrubs of the genus Corylopsis, which are found in eastern Asia and have yellow flowers
- lopsidedly — In a lopsided manner.
11 letter words containing opsi
- arabidopsis — Any cress (or related plant) of the genus Arabidopsis.
- axanthopsia — a defect of vision in which the retina fails to respond to yellow.
- ceratopsian — resembling or belonging to the Ceratopsia, a suborder of herbivorous dinosaurs characterized by their parrot-like beaks, horns, and neck frills
- diopsimeter — an instrument for measuring the field of vision.
- erythropsia — a defect of vision in which objects appear red
12 letter words containing opsi
- ceratopsians — Plural form of ceratopsian.
- chromatopsia — an irregularity in the ability to see colours properly
- lopsidedness — heavier, larger, or more developed on one side than on the other; unevenly balanced; unsymmetrical.
- magnoliopsid — (botany) a member of the class Magnoliopsida. Circumscription of this class will vary with the taxonomic system being used.
- phalaenopsis — any of various epiphytic orchids of the genus Phalaenopsis, native to tropical Asia, having clusters of showy, variously colored flowers.
13 letter words containing opsi
15 letter words containing opsi
- fasciolopsiasis — a parasitic disease caused by flukes of the genus Fasciolopsis and characterized by abdominal pain and diarrhea: common in the Far East.
17 letter words containing opsi
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
On this page, we collect all words with OPSI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 69 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OPSI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.