Words containing open
4 letter words containing open
- open — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
5 letter words containing open
6 letter words containing open
- 88open — (body) A consortium with the aim of creating a multi-vendor open computing environment based on the Motorola 88000 RISC processor family.
- opened — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
- opener — a person or thing that opens.
- opengl — Open Graphics Library
- openly — not closed or barred at the time, as a doorway by a door, a window by a sash, or a gateway by a gate: to leave the windows open at night.
7 letter words containing open
- autopen — a mechanical device used to produce imitation signatures
- openbsd — (operating system) A version of BSD Unix with an emphasis on security. A lot of security work that is ported to other free operating systems originates with OpenBSD and a lot of code review is done here. Sub-projects of OpenBSD include implementations of SSH, ntpd, and CVS, to be called OpenCVS.
- opendoc — (operating system) A compound document architecture from CIL based on CORBA. It aims to enable embedding of features from different application programs into a single working document.
- openers — a person or thing that opens.
- openest — (archaic) Second-person singular present simple form of 'open'.
8 letter words containing open
- lycopene — a red crystalline substance, C 40 H 56 , that is the main pigment of certain fruits, as the tomato and paprika, and is a precursor to carotene in plant biosynthesis.
- open-air — existing in, taking place in, or characteristic of the open air; outdoor: The orchestra gave three open-air concerts last summer.
- open-cut — noting or pertaining to a type of surface mining in which coal and other flat-lying mineral deposits are removed by the excavation of long, narrow trenches.
- open-end — of, relating to, or like an open-end investment company.
- open-jaw — relating to a ticket that allows a traveller to arrive in one place and depart from another
9 letter words containing open
- cytopenia — a condition characterized by a deficiency of a type of blood cells
- eyeopener — Something that provides a sudden insight, or makes something clear that was previously mysterious.
- half-open — (of a file) having a pawn or pawns of only one colour on it
- isopentyl — isoamyl.
- open-book — someone or something easily understood or interpreted; something very clear: The child's face is an open book.
10 letter words containing open
- can-opener — a manual device or small electric appliance for opening cans.
- copenhagen — the capital of Denmark, a port on Zealand and the Amager Islands on a site inhabited for some 6000 years: exports chiefly agricultural products; iron and steel works; university (1479). Pop: 501 664 (2004 est)
- eye-opener — sth surprising or revelatory
- eyeopening — Of, pertaining to, or caused by an eyeopener.
- leucopenia — a decrease in the number of white blood cells in the blood.
11 letter words containing open
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
- cyclopentyl — (organic chemistry) The univalent radical derived from cyclopentane by the formal removal of a hydrogen atom.
- eosinopenia — A form of agranulocytosis where the number of eosinophil granulocytes is lower than expected.
- ketopentose — (carbohydrate) A pentose that is also a ketose.
- lymphopenia — a reduction in the number of lymphocytes in the blood.
12 letter words containing open
- cyclopentane — a colourless insoluble cycloalkane found in petroleum and used mainly as a solvent. Formula: C5H10
- erythropenia — A decrease in the number of erythrocytes, associated with anemia.
- open-concept — (in a house or office) having few or no internal walls or partitions
- open-hearted — unreserved, candid, or frank: open-hearted advice.
- open-mouthed — having the mouth open.
13 letter words containing open
- bottle-opener — A bottle-opener is a metal device for removing caps or tops from bottles.
- methylpropene — (organic compound) IUPAC name for isobutylene.
- normally-open — Normally-open switch contacts are in an open state at rest.
- open-and-shut — immediately obvious upon consideration; easily decided: an open-and-shut case of murder.
- open-standard — (of computer programs, codes, etc) freely available to all users
14 letter words containing open
- cyclopentolate — a medicine administered as an eye drop that causes pupil dilation and relaxes the lens
- leucocytopenia — leucopenia
- leukocytopenia — a decrease in the number of white blood cells in the blood.
- openhandedness — The characteristic of being openhanded.
- openmindedness — Alternative form of open-mindedness.
15 letter words containing open
- cyclopentadiene — a colourless liquid unsaturated cyclic hydrocarbon obtained in the cracking of petroleum hydrocarbons and the distillation of coal tar: used in the manufacture of plastics and insecticides. Formula: C5H6
- lymphocytopenia — (pathology) An abnormally low level of lymphocytes in the blood.
- open-pollinated — (of a flower) pollinated without human agency.
- openmouthedness — the state or condition of being filled with amazement and wonder
- schopenhauerian — Arthur [ahr-too r] /ˈɑr tʊər/ (Show IPA), 1788–1860, German philosopher.
16 letter words containing open
19 letter words containing open
- nonthrombocytopenic — Not thrombocytopenic.
22 letter words containing open
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words with OPEN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 373 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OPEN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.