Words containing op
3 letter words containing op
4 letter words containing op
- atop — If something is atop something else, it is on top of it.
- bopp — Franz, 1791–1867, German philologist.
- chop — If you chop something, you cut it into pieces with strong downward movements of a knife or an axe.
- clop — to make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
- coop — A coop is a cage where you keep small animals or birds such as chickens and rabbits.
5 letter words containing op
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- aesop — ?620–564 bc, Greek author of fables in which animals are given human characters and used to satirize human failings
- alope — a daughter of Cercyon who was raped by Poseidon and bore a son, Hippothous.
- alsop — Joseph W(right) 1910–1989, U.S. political journalist and writer.
- atopy — a hereditary tendency to be hypersensitive to certain allergens
6 letter words containing op
7 letter words containing op
8 letter words containing op
- adoption — the act of adopting: the adoption of a new amendment.
- adoptive — Someone's adoptive family is the family that adopted them.
- aesopian — of Aesop or characteristic of his fables
- afro-pop — African pop music played on electric instruments and inspired by Western pop or soul music.
- agitprop — Agitprop is the use of artistic forms such as drama or posters to further political aims.
9 letter words containing op
- acidophil — (of cells or cell contents) easily stained by acid dyes
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- acrophobe — a person who is abnormally afraid of heights
- acrophony — the use of symbols to represent sounds
10 letter words containing op
11 letter words containing op
- acarophobia — a pathological belief that the skin is infested with mites or insects, often leading to self-mutilation in order to eliminate the infestation.
- acidophilic — easily stained with acid dyes
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- aelurophile — ailurophile.
- aelurophobe — ailurophobe.
12 letter words containing op
13 letter words containing op
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
14 letter words containing op
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
15 letter words containing op
16 letter words containing op
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing op
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words containing op
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
19 letter words containing op
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing op
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
21 letter words containing op
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
On this page, we collect all words with OP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9789 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.