Words containing one
3 letter words containing one
- one — being or amounting to a single unit or individual or entire thing, item, or object rather than two or more; a single: one woman; one nation; one piece of cake.
4 letter words containing one
- aone — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- bone — Your bones are the hard parts inside your body which together form your skeleton.
- cone — A cone is a shape with a circular base and smooth curved sides ending in a point at the top.
- done — past participle of do1 .
- fone — (obsolete) Plural form of foe.
5 letter words containing one
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- agone — ago; past
- alone — When you are alone, you are not with any other people.
- atone — If you atone for something that you have done, you do something to show that you are sorry you did it.
- axone — Cell Biology. the appendage of the neuron that transmits impulses away from the cell body.
6 letter words containing one
- agones — (in ancient Greece) a contest in which prizes were awarded in any of a number of events, as athletics, drama, music, poetry, and painting.
- ancone — an altarpiece, usually consisting of a painted panel or panels, reliefs, or statues set in an elaborate frame.
- anyone — You use anyone or anybody in statements with negative meaning to indicate in a general way that nobody is present or involved in an action.
- atoned — to make amends or reparation, as for an offense or a crime, or for an offender (usually followed by for): to atone for one's sins.
- atoner — to make amends or reparation, as for an offense or a crime, or for an offender (usually followed by for): to atone for one's sins.
7 letter words containing one
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
- alcyone — the daughter of Aeolus and wife of Ceyx, who drowned herself in grief for her husband's death. She was transformed into a kingfisher
- almoner — In Britain, an almoner is a social worker who works in a hospital.
- anemone — An anemone is a garden plant with red, purple, or white flowers.
8 letter words containing one
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- actioned — Simple past tense and past participle of action.
- actioner — a film with a fast-moving plot, usually containing scenes of violence
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- aidoneus — a king of Thesprotia.
9 letter words containing one
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- aerophone — any musical instrument in which sound is produced by air vibrations
- aitchbone — the rump bone or floor of the pelvis in cattle
10 letter words containing one
- acetonemia — ketonemia.
- all-in-one — All-in-one means having several different parts or several different functions.
- ambitioned — sought after, desired
- amiodarone — a substance, C 25 H 29 I 2 NO 3 , used in the treatment of heart arrhythmias.
- anglophone — Anglophone communities are English-speaking communities in areas where more than one language is commonly spoken.
11 letter words containing one
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- accordioned — Also called piano accordion. a portable wind instrument having a large bellows for forcing air through small metal reeds, a keyboard for the right hand, and buttons for sounding single bass notes or chords for the left hand.
- afternooner — a person or thing that appears, flourishes, etc., in the afternoon: One of radio's favorite afternooners is a soap opera.
- aldosterone — the principal mineralocorticoid secreted by the adrenal cortex. A synthesized form is used in the treatment of Addison's disease. Formula: C21H27O5
- anticyclone — An anticyclone is an area of high atmospheric pressure which causes settled weather conditions and, in summer, clear skies and high temperatures.
12 letter words containing one
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- aerodonetics — the study of soaring or gliding flight, esp the study of gliders
- aeroneurosis — a functional disorder of aeroplane pilots characterized by anxiety and various psychosomatic disturbances, caused by insufficient oxygen at high altitudes and the emotional tension of flying
- androsterone — an androgenic steroid hormone produced in the testes. Formula: C19H30O2
13 letter words containing one
- anthraquinone — a yellow crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes, esp anthraquinone dyes, which have excellent colour properties. Formula: C6H4(CO)2C6H4
- benzalacetone — benzylidene acetone.
- betamethasone — a synthetic analogue of a glucocorticoid, C 22 H 29 FO 5 , used in various forms in the treatment of inflammation, allergies, and tumors, and for replacement therapy in adrenal insufficiency.
- bone-crushing — powerful or constricting enough to crush one's bones: a bone-crushing handshake.
- butyrophenone — a drug used to treat psychiatric disorders
14 letter words containing one
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- beclomethasone — a potent synthetic corticosteroid, C 28 H 37 ClO 7 , prepared as an inhalant in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
15 letter words containing one
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- cairngorm-stone — smoky quartz.
- disproportioned — lack of proportion; lack of proper relationship in size, number, etc.: architectural disproportions.
- gluconeogenesis — glucose formation in animals from a noncarbohydrate source, as from proteins or fats.
16 letter words containing one
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- bouches-du-rhone — a department of S central France, in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. Capital: Marseille. Pop: 1 883 645 (2003 est). Area: 5284 sq km (2047 sq miles)
- bred-in-the-bone — firmly instilled or established as if by heredity: the bred-in-the-bone integrity of the school's headmaster.
- closed-captioned — (of a video recording) having subtitles which appear on screen only if the cassette is played through a special decoder
- dependency-prone — tending to become psychologically or physiologically dependent on a drug.
17 letter words containing one
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- dihydromorphinone — a narcotic compound, C 17 H 19 O 3 N, prepared from morphine and used chiefly as an analgesic.
- one-size-fits-all — (of clothing) designed to fit people of a wide range of sizes.
18 letter words containing one
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
- gentleman-commoner — (formerly) a member of a class of commoners enjoying special privileges at Oxford University.
- glomerulonephritis — a kidney disease affecting the capillaries of the glomeruli, characterized by albuminuria, edema, and hypertension.
19 letter words containing one
- deoxycorticosterone — a corticosteroid hormone important in maintaining sodium and water balance in the body
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
- medroxyprogesterone — a progesterone derivative, C 2 4 H 3 4 O 4 , used in the treatment of abnormal uterine bleeding and secondary amenorrhea, as a contraceptive of long duration, and in the treatment of certain cancers.
- phenanthrenequinone — a yellowish-orange, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 1 4 H 8 O 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and the manufacture of dyes.
20 letter words containing one
- polyvinylpyrrolidone — a white, amorphous, water-soluble powder, (C 6 H 9 NO) n , used chiefly as a vehicle in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals.
21 letter words containing one
22 letter words containing one
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- phenolsulfonephthalein — a bright to dark red crystalline compound, C 1 9 H 1 4 O 5 S, slightly soluble in water, alcohol, and acetone: used as an acid-base indicator and as a diagnostic reagent in medicine.
On this page, we collect all words with ONE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5084 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ONE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.