Words containing ona
3 letter words containing ona
- ona — a member of a people of Tierra del Fuego.
4 letter words containing ona
- bona — (italics) Latin. (used with a singular verb) good faith; absence of fraud or deceit; the state of being exactly as claims or appearances indicate: The bona fides of this contract is open to question. Compare mala fides.
- dona — (initial capital letter) Madam; Lady: a Spanish title prefixed to a woman's given name.
- iona — an island in the Hebrides, off the W coast of Scotland: center of early Celtic Christianity.
- kona — a southwesterly winter wind in Hawaii, often strong and bringing rain.
- mona — a female given name.
5 letter words containing ona
6 letter words containing ona
- adonai — a name for God
- agonal — relating to agony, esp before death
- aikona — an informal word expressing strong negation
- altona — a metropolitan district of Hamburg, Germany: formerly an independent city.
- ancona — a port in central Italy, on the Adriatic, capital of the Marches: founded by Greeks from Syracuse in about 390 bc. Pop: 100 507 (2001)
7 letter words containing ona
- adonais — Hebrew. a title of reverence for God, serving also as a substitute pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton.
- altoona — city in central Pa.: pop. 50,000
- ammonal — an explosive made by mixing TNT, ammonium nitrate, and aluminium powder
- anconad — (anatomy) located towards the elbow.
- anconal — the elbow.
8 letter words containing ona
- absonant — inharmonious
- aeronaut — a person who flies in a lighter-than-air craft, esp the pilot or navigator
- amazonas — a state of W Brazil, consisting of the central Amazon basin: vast areas of unexplored tropical rainforest. Capital: Manaus. Pop: 2 961 801 (2002). Area: 1 542 277 sq km (595 474 sq miles)
- ammonate — ammoniate (def 2).
- angerona — the ancient Roman goddess of anguish.
9 letter words containing ona
- arational — Not based on or governed by reason.
- argonauts — Classical Mythology. a member of the band of men who sailed to Colchis with Jason in the ship Argo in search of the Golden Fleece.
- assonance — the use of the same vowel sound with different consonants or the same consonant with different vowels in successive words or stressed syllables, as in a line of verse. Examples are time and light or mystery and mastery
- astronaut — An astronaut is a person who is trained for travelling in a spacecraft.
- atonalism — atonality.
10 letter words containing ona
- actionable — If something that you do or say to someone is actionable, it gives them a valid reason for bringing a legal case against you.
- additional — Additional things are extra things apart from the ones already present.
- aeronautic — relating to air companies
- aficionada — a female aficionado
- aficionado — If someone is an aficionado of something, they like it and know a lot about it.
11 letter words containing ona
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- aeronautics — Aeronautics is the science of designing and building aeroplanes.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- afficionado — aficionado.
- agitational — the act or process of agitating; state of being agitated: She left in great agitation.
12 letter words containing ona
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- adaptational — of or relating to adaptation
- additionally — You use additionally to introduce something extra such as an extra fact or reason.
- aeronautical — Aeronautical means involving or relating to the design and construction of aeroplanes.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
13 letter words containing ona
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- actionability — furnishing ground for a lawsuit.
- additionality — (in Britain) the principle that money raised by the National Lottery should only be spent on projects that would not otherwise be funded by government spending
- aggregational — resulting from aggregation
- anti-monarchy — a state or nation in which the supreme power is actually or nominally lodged in a monarch. Compare absolute monarchy, limited monarchy.
14 letter words containing ona
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- antimonarchist — opposed to a monarchy
- appreciational — gratitude; thankful recognition: They showed their appreciation by giving him a gold watch.
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- bioaeronautics — the use of aircraft in the discovery, development, and protection of natural and biological resources
15 letter words containing ona
16 letter words containing ona
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-nationalism — spirit or aspirations common to the whole of a nation.
- anti-rationalism — the principle or habit of accepting reason as the supreme authority in matters of opinion, belief, or conduct.
- anti-rationalist — the principle or habit of accepting reason as the supreme authority in matters of opinion, belief, or conduct.
17 letter words containing ona
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
18 letter words containing ona
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
- deinstitutionalize — to discharge (a patient) as from a mental institution
- disproportionality — not in proportion; disproportionate.
19 letter words containing ona
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- de-internationalize — to make international, as in scope or character: a local conflict that was internationalized into a major war.
- hyper-nationalistic — a person devoted to nationalism.
- inter-institutional — of, relating to, or established by institution.
- interdenominational — occurring between, involving, or common to different religious denominations.
20 letter words containing ona
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- institutionalization — to make institutional.
- internationalisation — Alternative spelling of internationalization.
- internationalization — internationalisation
21 letter words containing ona
22 letter words containing ona
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
- nonrepresentationalism — not resembling or portraying any object in physical nature: a nonrepresentational painting.
23 letter words containing ona
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
26 letter words containing ona
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with ONA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3176 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ONA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.