Words containing old
3 letter words containing old
- old — far advanced in the years of one's or its life: an old man; an old horse; an old tree.
4 letter words containing old
- bold — Bold lines or designs are drawn in a clear, strong way.
- cold — Something that is cold has a very low temperature or a lower temperature than is normal or acceptable.
- fold — to confine (sheep or other domestic animals) in a fold.
- gold — Herbert, born 1924, U.S. novelist and short-story writer.
- hold — to have or keep in the hand; keep fast; grasp: She held the purse in her right hand. He held the child's hand in his.
5 letter words containing old
- -fold — -fold combines with numbers to form adverbs which say how much an amount has increased by. For example, if an amount increases fourfold, it is four times greater than it was originally.
- acold — cold; chilled
- ahold — a hold
- boldo — a Chilean evergreen tree, Peumus boldus, cultivated in California for its aromatic foliage.
- colds — Plural form of cold.
6 letter words containing old
- alfold — Also called Great Alföld. a vast plain in E Hungary, extending to the border of Ukraine and into Serbia and W Romania.
- arnold — a town in N central England, in S Nottinghamshire. Pop: 37 402 (2001)
- behold — If you behold someone or something, you see them.
- bifold — foldable in two places
- bolden — Buddy, real name Charles Bolden. 1868–1931, US Black jazz cornet player; a pioneer of the New Orleans style
7 letter words containing old
- age-old — An age-old story, tradition, or problem has existed for many generations or centuries.
- bagnold — Enid (Algerine). 1889–1981, British novelist and playwright; her works include the novel National Velvet (1935) and the play The Chalk Garden (1955)
- boldest — not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring: a bold hero.
- coldest — having a relatively low temperature; having little or no warmth: cold water; a cold day.
- coldish — Somewhat cold.
8 letter words containing old
- anticold — preventing or treating the common cold
- beholden — If you are beholden to someone, you are in debt to them in some way or you feel that you have a duty to them because they have helped you.
- beholder — The beholder of something is the person who is looking at it.
- billfold — A billfold is a small flat folded case, usually made of leather or plastic, where you can keep banknotes and credit cards.
- boldface — (of type) having this weight
9 letter words containing old
- -year-old — -year-old combines with numbers to describe the age of people or things.
- arnoldson — Klas Pontus [klahs pawn-tuh s] /klɑs ˈpɔn təs/ (Show IPA), 1844–1916, Swedish author and politician: Nobel Peace Prize 1908.
- bartholdi — Frédéric August. 1834–1904, French sculptor and architect, who designed (1884) the Statue of Liberty
- beholding — to observe; look at; see.
- blindfold — A blindfold is a strip of cloth that is tied over someone's eyes so that they cannot see.
10 letter words containing old
- arcimboldi — Giuseppe [juh-sep-ee;; Italian joo-zep-pe] /dʒəˈsɛp i;; Italian dʒuˈzɛp pɛ/ (Show IPA), 1527–93, Italian painter.
- arcimboldo — Giuseppe. 1527–93, Italian painter, best remembered for painting grotesque figures composed of fruit, vegetables, and meat
- as-told-to — (of a biographical account) written by a professional author using information from personal conversations with the subject.
- billfolder — billfold.
- bold-faced — confident or impudent
11 letter words containing old
12 letter words containing old
- blow-molding — the sound of any vapor or gas issuing from a vent under pressure.
- candleholder — a candlestick
- cold-blooded — Someone who is cold-blooded does not show any pity or emotion.
- cold-hearted — A cold-hearted person does not feel any affection or sympathy towards other people.
- cold-pressed — (of an unrefined oil such as olive oil) produced by pressing the parent seed, nut, or grain at the lowest possible temperature without any further pressing
13 letter words containing old
- candleholders — Plural form of candleholder.
- centuries-old — hundreds of years old
- cloth-of-gold — a garden plant, Crocus augustifolius, of the iris family, native to the Crimean mountains, having orange-red flowers.
- cold-shoulder — to snub; show indifference to.
- coldheartedly — Alternative spelling of cold-heartedly.
14 letter words containing old
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- basket-of-gold — a yellow-flowered perennial plant (Alyssum saxatile, now more properly Aurinia saxatilis) of the crucifer family, often used in rock gardens
- mangold-wurzel — mangel-wurzel.
- vegetable-gold — Also called vegetable gold. a crocus, Crocus sativus, having showy purple flowers.
15 letter words containing old
- coldwater-river — a river in NW Mississippi, flowing S to the Tallahatchie River. 220 miles (354 km) long.
- joint-household — a type of extended family composed of parents, their children, and the children's spouses and offspring in one household.
- non-shareholder — a holder or owner of shares, especially in a company or corporation.
- nonslaveholding — Not slaveholding.
- old-established — established for a long time
16 letter words containing old
17 letter words containing old
On this page, we collect all words with OLD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1446 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OLD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.