Words containing of
2 letter words containing of
- of — (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
3 letter words containing of
4 letter words containing of
5 letter words containing of
- alofi — the capital of the Pacific Ocean island of Niue, a New Zealand dependency.
- aloft — Something that is aloft is in the air or off the ground.
- aloof — Someone who is aloof is not very friendly and does not like to spend time with other people.
- boffo — very good; highly successful
- bogof — buy one, get one free
6 letter words containing of
- behoof — advantage or profit
- biofog — a fog, resembling steam fog, produced by the contact of very cold air with the warmth and moisture issuing from animal or human bodies.
- boffin — A boffin is a scientist, especially one who is doing research.
- buyoff — a purchase
- coffee — Coffee is a hot drink made with water and ground or powdered coffee beans.
7 letter words containing of
- aloofly — at a distance, especially in feeling or interest; apart: They always stood aloof from their classmates.
- backoff — the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- biofact — an item of biological information
- biofilm — a thin layer of living organisms
- biofuel — A biofuel is a gas, liquid, or solid from natural sources such as plants that is used as a fuel.
8 letter words containing of
9 letter words containing of
- age-proof — not adversely affected by a person's age
- aloofness — the quality or state of being aloof, distant, or reserved; indifference: His girlfriend's recent aloofness may be a sign that the relationship is over.
- angle-off — the angle formed by the line of flight of an aerial target and the line of sight on a gun of an attacking aircraft.
- auranofin — a gold-containing compound, C 20 H 34 AuO 9 PS, used orally in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- autofocus — a device that focuses a lens, camera, etc. automatically
10 letter words containing of
- benzofuran — a colourless insoluble aromatic liquid obtained from coal tar and used in the manufacture of synthetic resins. Formula: C8H6O
- better-off — being in better circumstances, especially economically: Only the better-off nations can afford to send probes into space.
- bibliofilm — a microfilm used especially in libraries to photograph the pages of valuable or much-used books.
- biofouling — the degradation of an artificial surface by biological growth
- box-office — of or relating to the box office or to the business and commercial aspects of the theater: a box-office window; box-office receipts; a box-office attraction.
11 letter words containing of
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- antofagasta — a port in N Chile. Pop: 323 000 (2005 est)
- apoferritin — a homogeneous protein, found especially in the intestinal mucosa and the liver, that interacts with a ferric hydroxide-ferric phosphate complex to form ferritin.
- biofeedback — a technique for teaching the control of autonomic functions, such as the rate of heartbeat or breathing, by recording the activity and presenting it (usually visually) so that the person can know the state of the autonomic function he or she is learning to control
- browned-off — a dark tertiary color with a yellowish or reddish hue.
12 letter words containing of
- agroforestry — a method of farming integrating herbaceous and tree crops
- bioflavonoid — any of a group of biologically active flavone compounds that may help maintain the blood's capillary walls, reducing the likelihood of hemorrhaging: widely found in plants, esp. citrus fruits
- burglarproof — safeguarded or secure against burglary.
- corticofugal — (of a nerve fiber) originating in and running from the cerebral cortex.
- counteroffer — A counteroffer is an offer that someone makes, for example, for a house or business, in response to an offer by another person or group.
13 letter words containing of
- blood-profile — a diagnostic test that determines the exact numbers of each type of blood cell in a fixed quantity of blood. Abbreviation: CBC.
- chief-officer — the officer of a merchant vessel next in command beneath the captain.
- ciprofloxacin — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used against Gram-negative bacteria. It is effective against anthrax
- cloth-of-gold — a garden plant, Crocus augustifolius, of the iris family, native to the Crimean mountains, having orange-red flowers.
- cloven-hoofed — having split hoofs, once assumed to represent the halves of a single undivided hoof, as in cattle.
14 letter words containing of
- balm-of-gilead — any of several plants of the genus Commiphora, especially C. opobalsamum and C. meccanensis, which yield a fragrant oleoresin.
- basket-of-gold — a yellow-flowered perennial plant (Alyssum saxatile, now more properly Aurinia saxatilis) of the crucifer family, often used in rock gardens
- coffee-colored — having the medium-brown color of coffee mixed with cream or milk; moderately brown.
- coffee-klatsch — to gather for a coffee klatsch.
- dinoflagellate — any of numerous chiefly marine plankton of the phylum Pyrrophyta (or, in some classification schemes, the order Dinoflagellata), usually having two flagella, one in a groove around the body and the other extending from its center.
15 letter words containing of
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- crown-of-jewels — an annual herb, Lopezia coronata, of Mexico, having lilac-colored flowers with a red base.
- dishwasherproof — (of dishes, cooking utensils, etc.) able to withstand washing in an automatic dishwasher without breaking, chipping, fading, etc.
- droste-hulshoff — Annette Elisabeth Freiin von [ah-net-uh ey-lee-zah-bet frahy-in fuh n] /ɑˈnɛt ə eɪˈli zɑˌbɛt ˈfraɪ ɪn fən/ (Show IPA), 1797–1848, German poet.
- haemoflagellate — a flagellate protozoan, such as a trypanosome, that is parasitic in the blood
16 letter words containing of
- biofortification — the process of breeding staple crops to have higher levels of essential nutrients, either through selective breeding or genetic modification: iron biofortification of rice; biofortification of wheat with zinc.
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
- cock-of-the-rock — either of two tropical South American birds, Rupicola rupicola or R. peruviana, having an erectile crest and (in the male) a brilliant red or orange plumage: family Cotingidae (cotingas)
- counteroffensive — a series of attacks by a defending force against an attacking enemy
17 letter words containing of
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- court-of-chancery — chancery (def 4a).
- denial-of-service — pertaining to or being an incident in which a computer or computer network is disabled, disrupting access or service: a website hit by a denial-of-service attack; unintentional denial-of-service problems.
18 letter words containing of
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- cycle-of-indiction — a proclamation made every 15 years in the later Roman Empire, fixing the valuation of property to be used as a basis for taxation.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
- grass-of-parnassus — any plant belonging to the genus Parnassia, of the saxifrage family, growing in marshy areas, having broad, smooth leaves and a single, pale flower.
19 letter words containing of
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
- harbinger-of-spring — a North American umbelliferous herb, Erigenia bulbosa, having white flowers that bloom early in the spring.
- ladies-of-the-night — plural of lady-of-the-night.
- mother-of-thousands — strawberry geranium.
20 letter words containing of
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- covenant-of-warranty — warranty (def 2b).
- the-comedy-of-errors — an early comedy (1594) by Shakespeare.
- the-lady-of-the-lake — a narrative poem (1810) by Sir Walter Scott.
21 letter words containing of
22 letter words containing of
- trichlorofluoromethane — chlorotrifluoromethane.
23 letter words containing of
- stream-of-consciousness — of, relating to, or characterized by a manner of writing in which a character's thoughts or perceptions are presented as occurring in random form, without regard for logical sequences, syntactic structure, distinctions between various levels of reality, or the like: a stream-of-consciousness novel; a stream-of-consciousness technique.
24 letter words containing of
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
32 letter words containing of
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
34 letter words containing of
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with OF. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6262 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OF that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.