Words containing odon
5 letter words containing odon
- codon — a unit that consists of three adjacent bases on a DNA molecule and that determines the position of a specific amino acid in a protein molecule during protein synthesis
6 letter words containing odon
7 letter words containing odon
8 letter words containing odon
- acrodont — (of the teeth of some reptiles) having no roots and being fused at the base to the margin of the jawbones
- bunodont — (of the teeth of certain mammals) having cusps that are separate and rounded
- conodont — any of various small Palaeozoic toothlike fossils derived from an extinct eel-like marine animal
- creodont — any of a group of extinct Tertiary mammals some of which are thought to have been the ancestors of modern carnivores: order Carnivora
- cynodont — a carnivorous mammal-like reptile of the late Permian and Triassic periods, whose specialized teeth were well developed
9 letter words containing odon
- acrodonts — Plural form of acrodont.
- anodontia — the congenital absence of teeth
- anticodon — a three-base unit of genetic code contained in transfer RNA that corresponds to a codon region on messenger RNA, involved in genetic translation
- conodonts — Plural form of conodont.
- creodonts — Plural form of creodont.
10 letter words containing odon
- anticodons — Plural form of anticodon.
- coryphodon — a primitive hoofed mammal of the extinct genus Coryphodon, of the early Eocene Epoch, having a long, thickset body, short legs, and five-toed feet, each toe ending in a small hoof.
- dicynodont — any of various extinct Triassic mammal-like reptiles having a single pair of tusklike teeth
- dimetrodon — an extinct carnivorous mammallike reptile, of the genus Dimetrodon, dominant in North America during the Permian Period, up to 10 feet (3.1 meter) long and usually bearing spinal sails.
- diphyodont — having two successive sets of teeth, as most mammals.
11 letter words containing odon
- aerodonetic — Relating to aerodonetics.
- brachyodont — (of mammals, such as humans) having teeth with short crowns
- cyprinodont — any small tropical or subtropical soft-finned fish of the mostly marine family Cyprinodontidae, resembling carp but having toothed jaws. The group includes the guppy, killifish, swordtail, and topminnow
- diprotodons — Plural form of diprotodon.
- diprotodont — any marsupial of the group or suborder Diprotodontia, including kangaroos, phalangers, and wombats, having fewer than three upper incisor teeth on each side of the jaw
12 letter words containing odon
- aerodonetics — the study of soaring or gliding flight, esp the study of gliders
- cyprinodonts — Plural form of cyprinodont.
- liopleurodon — Any of the genus Liopleurodon of large carnivorous marine plesiosaurs, apex predators of the Middle to Late Jurassic seas that covered Europe.
- machairodont — having sabre-like teeth; sabre-toothed
- monophyodont — an animal that has only one set of teeth
13 letter words containing odon
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- diprotodontid — any of the extinct marsupials belonging to the genus Diprotodon, characterized by having two incisor teeth in the bottom jaw
- gerodontology — the branch of dentistry dealing with aging and aged persons.
- odontoblastic — Relating to odontoblasts.
- odontogenesis — the development of teeth.
14 letter words containing odon
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- antiodontalgic — of use in the treatment of toothache
- dicamptodontid — (zoology) Any member of the Dicamptodontidae.
- endodontically — according to the practice of endodontics
- labyrinthodont — any member of several orders of small to large lizardlike terrestrial and freshwater amphibians, some ancestral to land vertebrates, forming the extinct subclass Labyrinthodonta that flourished from the Devonian through the Triassic periods, characterized by a solid, flattened skull and conical teeth.
15 letter words containing odon
16 letter words containing odon
- hypsilophodontid — An informal grouping of small ornithopod dinosaurs, regarded as fast, herbivorous bipeds on the order of 1\u20132 meters long (3.3-6.6 feet).
17 letter words containing odon
- hypsilophodontids — Plural form of hypsilophodontid.
On this page, we collect all words with ODON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 171 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ODON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.