Words containing ode
3 letter words containing ode
- ode — a lyric poem typically of elaborate or irregular metrical form and expressive of exalted or enthusiastic emotion.
4 letter words containing ode
- -ode — denoting resemblance
- bode — If something bodes ill, it makes you think that something bad will happen in the future. If something bodes well, it makes you think that something good will happen.
- code — A code is a set of rules about how people should behave or about how something must be done.
- hode — (transitive, obsolete) To ordain; consecrate; admit to a religious order.
- lode — a veinlike deposit, usually metalliferous.
5 letter words containing ode
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- anode — In electronics, an anode is the positive electrode in a cell such as a battery. Compare cathode.
- apode — An animal that has no feet or footlike organs.
- boded — to be an omen of; portend: The news bodes evil days for him.
- chode — (archaic) Simple past form of chide.
6 letter words containing ode
- aboded — Simple past tense and past participle of abode.
- abodes — Plural form of abode.
- acnode — a point whose coordinates satisfy the equation of a curve although it does not lie on the curve; an isolated point. The origin is an acnode of the curve y2 + x2 = x3
- anodes — Plural form of anode.
- bodega — a shop selling wine and sometimes groceries, esp in a Spanish-speaking country
7 letter words containing ode
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- altmode — alt
- apodema — apodeme.
- apodeme — a ridgelike ingrowth of the exoskeleton of an arthropod that supports the internal organs and provides the attachment points for the muscles.
- barcode — a machine-readable arrangement of numbers and parallel lines of different widths printed on a package, which can be electronically scanned at a checkout to register the price of the goods and to activate computer stock-checking and reordering
8 letter words containing ode
- antinode — a point at which the amplitude of one of the two kinds of displacement in a standing wave has maximum value. Generally the other kind of displacement has its minimum value at this point
- antipode — the exact or direct opposite
- arillode — a false aril, developing from an opening in the covering of the ovule instead of from its stalk
- asmodeus — (in Jewish demonology) prince of the demons
- asphodel — any of various S European liliaceous plants of the genera Asphodelus and Asphodeline, having clusters of white or yellow flowers
9 letter words containing ode
- abodement — a sign that something good or bad is about to happen
- antinodes — Plural form of antinode.
- antipodes — People sometimes refer to Australia and New Zealand as the Antipodes.
- asphodels — Plural form of asphodel.
- autocoder — (language) Possibly the first primitive compiler. AUTOCODER was written by Alick E. Glennie in 1952. It translated symbolic statements into machine language for the Manchester Mark I computer. Autocoding later came to be a generic term for assembly language programming.
10 letter words containing ode
11 letter words containing ode
- agathodemon — Alternative spelling of agathodaemon.
- anticathode — the target electrode for the stream of electrons in a vacuum tube, esp an X-ray tube
- apicodental — articulated with the apex of the tongue near the upper front teeth, as ( (θ) ; t h) ) and (; ð) ; th) )
- arthrodesis — the fusion of bones in a joint through surgery which causes immobility of the joint
- biomodeling — the mathematical modeling of biological reactions.
12 letter words containing ode
- anapodeictic — (rare, rhetoric) not able to be shown or proved by argument; undemonstrable.
- anticathodes — Plural form of anticathode.
- apodeictical — Apodeictic.
- autodestruct — likely to or possessing the power to destroy or obliterate itself or its possessor
- blue-blooded — A blue-blooded person is from a royal or noble family.
13 letter words containing ode
- aeromodelling — the making and flying of model planes
- antimodernism — modern character, tendencies, or values; adherence to or sympathy with what is modern.
- antimodernist — opposed to modernism
- biodegradable — Something that is biodegradable breaks down or decays naturally without any special scientific treatment, and can therefore be thrown away without causing pollution.
- codeclination — the astronomical coordinate complementary to the declination
14 letter words containing ode
- autodestructed — Simple past tense and past participle of autodestruct.
- biodegradation — to decay and become absorbed by the environment: toys that will biodegrade when they're discarded.
- chordamesoderm — a kind of mesoderm that develops into the notochord
- code-switching — Linguistics. the alternating or mixed use of two or more languages, especially within the same discourse: My grandma’s code-switching when we cook together reminds me of my family's origins. Bilingual students are discouraged from code-switching during class.
- dihydrocodeine — a synthetic drug similar to codeine, used as an analgesic, an antidiarrhoeal, and to relieve coughing, or used recreationally
15 letter words containing ode
- autodestructive — likely to cause one's own destruction
- biodestructible — biodegradable
- codetermination — joint participation of management and employees or employees' trade union representatives in some decisions
- dodecasyllables — Plural form of dodecasyllable.
- echinodermatous — belonging or pertaining to the echinoderms.
16 letter words containing ode
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- biodeterioration — biodegradation.
- electrodeposited — Deposited by electrodeposition.
- immunodeficiency — impairment of the immune response, predisposing to infection and certain malignancies.
17 letter words containing ode
- electrodeposition — The deposition of a metal on a cathode during electrolysis; used as a method of purification.
- icosidodecahedron — A semiregular polyhedron with twelve faces that are regular pentagons and twenty that are equilateral triangles.
- microdensitometer — a densitometer for measuring the density of minute areas of photographic negatives.
- microdermabrasion — A cosmetic treatment in which the face is sprayed with exfoliant crystals to remove dead epidermal cells.
- neurodegenerative — Resulting in or characterized by degeneration of the nervous system, especially the neurons in the brain.
18 letter words containing ode
- dodecadodecahedral — Having the form of a dodecadodecahedron.
- dodecadodecahedron — (geometry) A nonconvex polyhedron with twenty-four faces, thirty vertices, and sixty edges.
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- electrodesiccation — The drying of tissue, and the prevention of bleeding, using a high-frequency electric current.
- fluorodeoxyglucose — (carbohydrate) A fluorine analog of glucose that is used in positron emission tomography.
20 letter words containing ode
- gastroduodenostomies — Plural form of gastroduodenostomy.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
- model-view-presenter — (programming) (MVP) A user interface architectural pattern where functions are separated between the model, view and presenter. The model defines the data to be displayed or otherwise acted upon in the user interface. The view displays data from the model and routes user commands (events) to the presenter to act upon that data. The presenter retrieves data from the model and displays it in the view. The implementation of MVP can vary as to how much presentation logic is handled by the presenter and the view. In a web application most presentation logic is usually in the view which runs in the web browser. MVP is one of the MV* variations of the MVC pattern.
21 letter words containing ode
- model-view-controller — (programming) (MVC) A way of partitioning the design of interactive software; a software architecture pattern. The "model" is the internal workings of the program (the data objects and algorithms), the "view" is how the user sees the state of the model and the "controller" is how the user changes the state or provides input. MVC was the original kind of what is now sometimes called an MV* pattern. Trygve Reenskaug introduced it into Smalltalk-76 while visiting Xerox PARC in the 1970s.
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
23 letter words containing ode
- icosidodecadodecahedron — A polyhedron having 44 faces, 60 vertices, 120 edges, 12 self intersected faces and 12 nonconvex faces.
24 letter words containing ode
- oligodeoxyribonucleotide — (biochemistry) Any oligonucleotide composed of deoxyribose monomemers.
26 letter words containing ode
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
On this page, we collect all words with ODE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1197 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ODE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.