Words containing od
3 letter words containing od
4 letter words containing od
- alod — a feudal estate with no superior
- bode — If something bodes ill, it makes you think that something bad will happen in the future. If something bodes well, it makes you think that something good will happen.
- bodo — a seaport in W Norway.
- body — Your body is all your physical parts, including your head, arms, and legs.
- bsod — Blue Screen of Death
5 letter words containing od
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- allod — allodium
- anode — In electronics, an anode is the positive electrode in a cell such as a battery. Compare cathode.
- bipod — a two-legged support or stand
- blood — Blood is the red liquid that flows inside your body, which you can see if you cut yourself.
6 letter words containing od
- acnode — a point whose coordinates satisfy the equation of a curve although it does not lie on the curve; an isolated point. The origin is an acnode of the curve y2 + x2 = x3
- alodia — allodium.
- anodic — pertaining to an anode or the phenomena in its vicinity.
- apodal — (of snakes, eels, etc) without feet; having no obvious hind limbs or pelvic fins
- ashdod — a town in central Israel, on the Mediterranean coast: an important city in the Philistine Empire, with its artificial harbour (1961) it is now a major port. Pop: 192 000 (2003 est)
7 letter words containing od
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- alodial — free from the tenurial rights of a feudal overlord.
- alodium — allodium
- amadoda — grown men
- anodise — to coat (a metal, especially magnesium or aluminum) with a protective film by chemical or electrolytic means.
8 letter words containing od
- acrodont — (of the teeth of some reptiles) having no roots and being fused at the base to the margin of the jawbones
- aerodyne — any heavier-than-air machine, such as an aircraft, that derives the greater part of its lift from aerodynamic forces
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
- allodial — (of land) held as an allodium
- allodium — lands held in absolute ownership, free from such obligations as rent or services due to an overlord
9 letter words containing od
- acesodyne — mitigating pain; anodyne.
- acrodrome — (of the veins of a leaf) running parallel to the edges of the leaf and fusing at the tip
- acrodynia — (pathology) An epidemic disease of the skin characterized by increased sensibility of the soles and palms, with pricking sensations in them and rheumatoid pains in the hands and feet.
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- adeodatus — Saint, died a.d. 676, pope 672–676.
10 letter words containing od
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
- almodóvar — Pedro. born 1949, Spanish film director. His provocative black comedies include Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (1988), The Flower of My Secret (1995), Talk to Her (2002), Volver (2006), and The Skin I Live In (2011)
- amiodarone — a substance, C 25 H 29 I 2 NO 3 , used in the treatment of heart arrhythmias.
- antibodies — any of numerous Y -shaped protein molecules produced by B cells as a primary immune defense, each molecule and its clones having a unique binding site that can combine with the complementary site of a foreign antigen, as on a virus or bacterium, thereby disabling the antigen and signaling other immune defenses. Abbreviation: Ab.
11 letter words containing od
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- accommodate — If a building or space can accommodate someone or something, it has enough room for them.
- actinodrome — (of a leaf) palmately veined.
- aerodynamic — If something such as a car has an aerodynamic shape or design, it goes faster and uses less fuel than other cars because the air passes over it more easily.
12 letter words containing od
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- aerodonetics — the study of soaring or gliding flight, esp the study of gliders
- aerodynamics — Aerodynamics is the study of the way in which objects move through the air.
13 letter words containing od
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
14 letter words containing od
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- androdioecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on separate plants
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
15 letter words containing od
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- autodidacticism — any self-directed learning or self-education
- bloodguiltiness — guilty of murder or bloodshed.
16 letter words containing od
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
17 letter words containing od
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
- cock-a-doodle-doo — an imitation or representation of a cock crowing
- codlins-and-cream — an onagraceous plant, Epilobium hirsutum, native to Europe and Asia and introduced into North America, having purplish-red flowers and hairy stems and leaves
- counterproductive — Something that is counterproductive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
18 letter words containing od
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
19 letter words containing od
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
20 letter words containing od
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- hydrodesulfurization — desulfurization by catalytic agents of the sulfur-rich hydrocarbons obtained from petroleum or the like during cracking or hydrocracking.
23 letter words containing od
- dichlorodifluoromethane — a colourless nonflammable gas easily liquefied by pressure: used as a propellant in aerosols and fire extinguishers and as a refrigerant. Formula: CCl2F2
24 letter words containing od
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
31 letter words containing od
On this page, we collect all words with OD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6221 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.