Words containing ock
4 letter words containing ock
- -ock — indicating smallness
- bock — a dark beer traditionally drunk in the early spring
- cock — A cock is an adult male chicken.
- dock — any of various weedy plants belonging to the genus Rumex, of the buckwheat family, as R. obtusifolius (bitter dock) or R. acetosa (sour dock) having long taproots.
- hock — the state of being deposited or held as security; pawn: She was forced to put her good jewelry in hock.
5 letter words containing ock
6 letter words containing ock
- alcock — Sir John William. 1892–1919, English aviator who with A.W. Brown made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic (1919)
- bemock — to mock
- blocks — a solid mass of wood, stone, etc., usually with one or more flat or approximately flat faces.
- blocky — like a block, esp in shape and solidity
- chocks — Plural form of chock.
7 letter words containing ock
- airlock — An airlock is a small room that is used to move between areas which do not have the same air pressure, for example in a spacecraft or submarine.
- armlock — a hold in which an opponent's arm is gripped in such a manner that it cannot be moved. This is often used with the intention of forcing the opponent into submission.
- ballock — A testicle.
- bannock — a round flat unsweetened cake originating in Scotland, made from oatmeal or barley and baked on a griddle
- bantock — Sir Granville. 1868–1946, British composer. His works include the Hebridean Symphony (1915), five ballets, and three operas
8 letter words containing ock
- abricock — an apricot
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
- airlocks — Plural form of airlock.
- alcolock — a breath-alcohol ignition-interlock device fitted to the ignition in certain motor vehicles. The driver must blow into a tube and, if his or her breath contains too much alcohol, a lock is activated to prevent the vehicle starting
- alt-rock — a genre of rock music regarded by its practitioners and fans as being outside the mainstream
9 letter words containing ock
- anti-lock — designating or of an automotive braking system that prevents the wheels from locking during a sudden stop
- antiknock — a compound, such as lead tetraethyl, added to petrol to reduce knocking in the engine
- antishock — designed to reduce the force of impact
- backblock — (Australia, New Zealand, usually, in the plural) A residential area remote from major cities and lacking conveniences common in urban areas.
- ballcocks — Plural form of ballcock.
10 letter words containing ock
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
- alarmclock — Misspelling of alarm clock.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- anti-knock — An anti-knock agent helps to stop an engine from knocking, making it function more smoothly.
11 letter words containing ock
- aftershocks — Plural form of aftershock.
- alpenstocks — Plural form of alpenstock.
- badderlocks — a seaweed, Alaria esculenta, that has long brownish-green fronds and is eaten in parts of N Europe
- bannockburn — a village in central Scotland, south of Stirling: nearby is the site of a victory (1314) of the Scots, led by Robert the Bruce, over the English. Pop: 7396 (2001)
- blockbuster — A blockbuster is a film or book that is very popular and successful, usually because it is very exciting.
12 letter words containing ock
- appleknocker — Northern U.S. a rustic.
- bed-blocking — the use of hospital beds by elderly patients who cannot leave hospital because they have no place in a residential care home
- beta-blocker — any of various substances that interfere with the action of the beta receptors: used primarily to reduce the heart rate or force in the prevention, management, or treatment of angina, hypertension, or arrythmias.
- blockbusting — A blockbusting film or book is one that is very successful, usually because it is very exciting.
- bluestocking — A bluestocking is an intellectual woman.
13 letter words containing ock
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- apple-knocker — Northern U.S. a rustic.
- basement-rock — the undifferentiated assemblage of rock (basement rock) underlying the oldest stratified rocks in any region: usually crystalline, metamorphosed, and mostly, but not necessarily, Precambrian in age.
- beta-blocking — acting to inhibit the activity of the nerves that are stimulated by adrenaline
14 letter words containing ock
- brecknockshire — a historic county in S Wales, now part of Powys, Gwent, and Mid Glamorgan.
- clock-watching — the act of checking the time in anticipation of a break or the end of the working day
- electroshocked — Simple past tense and past participle of electroshock.
- knickerbockers — Also, knickerbockers [nik-er-bok-erz] /ˈnɪk ərˌbɒk ərz/ (Show IPA). loose-fitting short trousers gathered in at the knees.
- laughingstocks — Plural form of laughingstock.
15 letter words containing ock
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
- bullock's-heart — the large, edible fruit of a tropical American tree, Annona reticulata.
- contraclockwise — Counterclockwise.
- counterblockade — a retaliatory blockade
- culture-shocked — a state of bewilderment and distress experienced by an individual who is suddenly exposed to a new, strange, or foreign social and cultural environment.
16 letter words containing ock
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- cock-of-the-rock — either of two tropical South American birds, Rupicola rupicola or R. peruviana, having an erectile crest and (in the male) a brilliant red or orange plumage: family Cotingidae (cotingas)
- counterclockwise — If something is moving counterclockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- rocket-propelled — using rocket power as the chief motive force.
- stockton-on-tees — a seaport in Cleveland, in NE England, near the mouth of the Tees River.
17 letter words containing ock
18 letter words containing ock
- the-cocktail-party — a play in verse (1950) by T. S. Eliot.
19 letter words containing ock
On this page, we collect all words with OCK. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2174 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OCK that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.