Words containing oc
3 letter words containing oc
4 letter words containing oc
- aocb — any other competent business
- bloc — A bloc is a group of countries which have similar political aims and interests and that act together over some issues.
- bmoc — big man on campus
- bock — a dark beer traditionally drunk in the early spring
- coca — Coca is a plant which contains cocaine. The dried leaves of the plant are sometimes chewed for their stimulating effect.
5 letter words containing oc
- acock — in a cocked position
- apoc. — Apocalypse
- bloch — Ernest. 1880–1959, US composer, born in Switzerland, who found inspiration in Jewish liturgical and folk music: his works include the symphonies Israel (1916) and America (1926)
- block — A block of flats or offices is a large building containing them.
- bocce — an Italian variety of lawn bowling played on a dirt court that is shorter and narrower than the rink of a bowling green.
6 letter words containing oc
- afocal — denoting a method for transferring an image without bringing it into focus
- alcock — Sir John William. 1892–1919, English aviator who with A.W. Brown made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic (1919)
- assoc. — Assoc. is a written abbreviation for association, , associated, or , associate.
- avocet — any of several long-legged shore birds of the genus Recurvirostra, such as the European R. avosetta, having black-and-white plumage and a long upward-curving bill: family Recurvirostridae, order Charadriiformes
- belloc — Hilaire (ˈhɪlɛə, hɪˈlɛə). 1870–1953, British poet, essayist, and historian, born in France, noted particularly for his verse for children in The Bad Child's Book of Beasts (1896) and Cautionary Tales (1907)
7 letter words containing oc
- airlock — An airlock is a small room that is used to move between areas which do not have the same air pressure, for example in a spacecraft or submarine.
- antioch — a city in S Turkey, on the Orontes River: ancient commercial centre and capital of Syria (300–64 bc); early centre of Christianity. Pop: 155 000 (2005 est)
- apocarp — an apocarpous gynoecium or fruit
- apocope — omission of the final sound or sounds of a word
- armlock — a hold in which an opponent's arm is gripped in such a manner that it cannot be moved. This is often used with the intention of forcing the opponent into submission.
8 letter words containing oc
- advocaat — a liqueur having a raw egg base
- advocacy — Someone's advocacy of a particular action or plan is their act of recommending it publicly.
- advocate — If you advocate a particular action or plan, you recommend it publicly.
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
9 letter words containing oc
- adhocracy — management that responds to urgent problems rather than planning to avoid them
- adipocere — a waxlike fatty substance formed during the decomposition of corpses
- adipocyte — a fat cell that accumulates and stores fats
- advocated — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
- advocator — a person who advocates
10 letter words containing oc
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- advocacies — the act of pleading for, supporting, or recommending; active espousal: He was known for his advocacy of states' rights.
- advocating — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
- advocation — the transfer to itself by a superior court of an action pending in a lower court
- advocative — characterized by advocating
11 letter words containing oc
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- acrocentric — (of a chromosome) having the centromere at one end
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- acrochordon — (medicine) A soft, pedunculated or pensile wart, consisting of myomatous or edematous fibrous tissue, often found on the neck or eyelids of elderly persons.
12 letter words containing oc
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
- afrocentrism — centered on Africa or on African-derived cultures, as those of Brazil, Cuba, and Haiti: Afrocentric art.
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
- agrochemical — a chemical, such as a pesticide, used for agricultural purposes
13 letter words containing oc
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- alpha-blocker — any of a class of drugs that prevent the stimulation of alpha adrenoceptors, a type of receptor in the sympathetic nervous system, by adrenaline and noradrenaline and that therefore cause widening of blood vessels: used in the treatment of high blood pressure and prostatic hyperplasia
- amniocentesis — If a pregnant woman has an amniocentesis, fluid is removed from her womb in order to check that her unborn baby is not affected by certain genetic disorders.
- androcentrism — centered on, emphasizing, or dominated by males or masculine interests: an androcentric society; an androcentric religion.
14 letter words containing oc
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- anti-socialist — a person who opposes socialism.
15 letter words containing oc
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- apocalyptically — of or like an apocalypse; affording a revelation or prophecy.
16 letter words containing oc
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words containing oc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
- circumlocutionary — a roundabout or indirect way of speaking; the use of more words than necessary to express an idea.
18 letter words containing oc
19 letter words containing oc
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing oc
21 letter words containing oc
29 letter words containing oc
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
32 letter words containing oc
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with OC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7889 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.