Words containing oat
3 letter words containing oat
- oat — a cereal grass, Avena sativa, cultivated for its edible seed.
4 letter words containing oat
- boat — A boat is something in which people can travel across water.
- coat — A coat is a piece of clothing with long sleeves which you wear over your other clothes when you go outside.
- doat — dote.
- goat — any of numerous agile, hollow-horned ruminants of the genus Capra, of the family Bovidae, closely related to the sheep, found native in rocky and mountainous regions of the Old World, and widely distributed in domesticated varieties.
- moat — a deep, wide trench, usually filled with water, surrounding the rampart of a fortified place, as a town or a castle.
5 letter words containing oat
- bloat — to swell or cause to swell, as with a liquid, air, or wind
- coate — Obsolete form of coat.
- coati — any omnivorous mammal of the genera Nasua and Nasuella, of Central and South America: family Procyonidae, order Carnivora (carnivores). They are related to but larger than the raccoons, having a long flexible snout and a brindled coat
- coats — Plural form of coat.
- croat — a native or inhabitant of Croatia
6 letter words containing oat
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- boatel — a waterside hotel catering for boating people
- boater — A boater or a straw boater is a hard straw hat with a flat top and brim which is often worn for certain social occasions in the summer.
- boatie — a boating enthusiast
- choate — Rufus1799-1859; U.S. lawyer
7 letter words containing oat
- -coated — -coated combines with colour adjectives such as 'white' and 'red', or words for types of coat like 'fur', to form adjectives that describe someone as wearing a certain sort of coat.
- airboat — a light, flat-bottomed boat driven by a propeller revolving in the air
- bloated — If someone's body or a part of their body is bloated, it is much larger than normal, usually because it has a lot of liquid or gas inside it.
- bloater — a herring, or sometimes a mackerel, that has been salted in brine, smoked, and cured
- boatage — the act of hauling by boat.
8 letter words containing oat
- airboats — Plural form of airboat.
- arbroath — a port and resort in E Scotland, in Angus: scene of the barons of Scotland's declaration of independence to Pope John XXII in 1320. Pop: 22 785 (2001)
- bareboat — a boat that can be chartered without crew, provisions, etc
- basecoat — a first coat of a surfacing material, as paint.
- benzoate — any salt or ester of benzoic acid, containing the group C6H5COO– or the ion C6H5COO–
9 letter words containing oat
- -throated — having a (specified kind of) throat
- bloatware — computer software with an excessive number of unnecessary features and, often, unnecessarily high memory and disc space requirements
- boathouse — A boathouse is a building at the edge of a lake, in which boats are kept.
- boatswain — a petty officer on a merchant ship or a warrant officer on a warship who is responsible for the maintenance of the ship and its equipment
- canalboat — a long narrow boat used on canals, esp for carrying freight
10 letter words containing oat
- bluethroat — a small brownish European songbird, Cyanosylvia svecica, related to the thrushes, the male of which has a blue throat: family Muscicapidae
- boatwright — a craftsman who builds wooden boats.
- candy-coat — sugarcoat (def 2).
- coat-tails — Coat-tails are the two long pieces at the back of a tailcoat.
- coatbridge — an industrial town in central Scotland, in North Lanarkshire. Pop: 41 170 (2001)
11 letter words containing oat
12 letter words containing oat
- black-coated — (esp formerly) (of a worker) clerical or professional, as distinguished from commercial or industrial
- boatbuilding — Boatbuilding is the craft or industry of making boats.
- boatsmanship — seamanship as applied to boats, especially rowboats and motorboats.
- film-coating — Film-coating is a process in which a tablet, capsule, or pellet is covered by a thin layer of film to protect it or make it easier to swallow.
- floatability — capable of floating; that can be floated.
13 letter words containing oat
- aminobenzoate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of aminobenzoic acid.
- clear-coating — an automotive painting technique in which a coating of clear lacquer or other synthetic liquid is applied over the base color to enhance the shine and durability of the paint.
- coat-trailing — provocative or contentious writing, speech, behavior, etc.
- coatzacoalcos — city in EC Mexico, in Veracruz state: pop. 233,000
- free-floating — (of an emotional state) lacking an apparent cause, focus, or object; generalized: free-floating hostility.
14 letter words containing oat
- enteric-coated — An enteric-coated tablet is one that is designed to temporarily withstand attack by stomach acid, so that it does not dissolve in the stomach but allows release of the medication in the intestine.
- exoatmospheric — Pertaining to, or occurring in the nearby region of space outside the Earth's atmosphere.
- floating-point — a decimal point whose location is not fixed, used especially in computer operations.
- quetzalcoatlus — A large toothless pterosaur of the genus Quetzalcoatlus.
- serbo-croatian — a Slavic language spoken in Serbia and Croatia, usually written with Cyrillic letters in Serbia but with Roman letters in Croatia.
15 letter words containing oat
24 letter words containing oat
- ethyl-para-aminobenzoate — benzocaine
On this page, we collect all words with OAT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 720 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OAT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.