Words containing oas
3 letter words containing oas
- oas — Organization of American States
4 letter words containing oas
- boas — Franz (frants). 1858–1942, US anthropologist, born in Germany. He made major contributions to cultural and linguistic anthropology in studies of North American Indians, including The Mind of Primitive Man (1911; 1938)
- goas — Plural form of goa.
- koas — Plural form of koa.
- moas — Plural form of moa.
- oast — a kiln for drying hops or malt.
5 letter words containing oas
- boast — If someone boasts about something that they have done or that they own, they talk about it very proudly, in a way that other people may find irritating or offensive.
- coast — The coast is an area of land that is next to the sea.
- hoast — (dialectal) A cough.
- joash — a king of Judah, reigned 837?–800? b.c., successor of Athaliah. II Kings 13:10–13.
- oases — a small fertile or green area in a desert region, usually having a spring or well.
6 letter words containing oas
7 letter words containing oas
- alagoas — a state in NE Brazil, on the Atlantic coast. Capital: Maceió. Pop: 2 887 535 (2002). Area: 30 776 sq km (11 031 sq miles)
- balboas — Plural form of balboa.
- boasted — to speak with exaggeration and excessive pride, especially about oneself.
- boaster — a chisel for boasting stone.
- coastal — Coastal is used to refer to things that are in the sea or on the land near a coast.
8 letter words containing oas
- bioassay — a method of determining the concentration, activity, or effect of a change to substance by testing its effect on a living organism and comparing this with the activity of an agreed standard
- boastful — If someone is boastful, they talk too proudly about something that they have done or that they own.
- boasting — to speak with exaggeration and excessive pride, especially about oneself.
- chloasma — the appearance on a person's skin, esp of the face, of patches of darker colour: associated with hormonal changes caused by liver disease or the use of oral contraceptives
- coassist — to assist jointly
9 letter words containing oas
10 letter words containing oas
- boastfully — given to or characterized by boasting.
- coasterize — to ruin (a CD), esp while attempting to burn music, etc on to it, thus rendering it useful only as a drinks coaster
- coastguard — A coastguard is an official who watches the sea near a coast in order to get help for sailors when they need it and to stop illegal activities.
- coastlands — Plural form of coastland.
- coastlines — Plural form of coastline.
11 letter words containing oas
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- coasteering — the sport of following a coastline by swimming, climbing, diving, and walking while wearing a wetsuit, a life jacket, and a helmet
- dry-roasted — roasted with no oil, or less oil than is usually used in roasting, so that the product is drier, crisper, and less caloric: dry-roasted peanuts.
- immunoassay — any laboratory method for detecting a substance by using an antibody reactive with it.
- megacoaster — (informal) A rollercoaster with a height of between 200 and 299 feet.
12 letter words containing oas
- bioastronomy — the branch of biology which deals with the study or the discovery of life forms on other planets or in space
- hypercoaster — Megacoaster.
- intercoastal — existing or done between seacoasts; involving two or more seacoasts.
- milquetoasts — Plural form of milquetoast.
- milquetoasty — Meek, timid.
13 letter words containing oas
- austroasiatic — a family of languages spoken in SE Asia and the landsaround the Bay of Bengal and consisting principally of Vietnamese, Khmer, Mon, Khasi, Nicobarese, and the Munda languages.
- rollercoaster — a small gravity railroad, especially in an amusement park, having a train with open cars that moves along a high, sharply winding trestle built with steep inclines that produce sudden, speedy plunges for thrill-seeking passengers.
- toastmistress — a woman who presides at a dinner, introduces the after-dinner speakers, and often proposes toasts.
14 letter words containing oas
- coast-to-coast — A coast-to-coast journey or route is one that goes from one coast of a country or region to the opposite coast.
- coastguardsman — Coast Guard (def 3).
- roller-coaster — to go up and down like a roller coaster; rise and fall: a narrow road roller-coastering around the mountain; a light boat roller-coastering over the waves.
- zoroastrianism — an Iranian religion, founded c600 b.c. by Zoroaster, the principal beliefs of which are in the existence of a supreme deity, Ahura Mazda, and in a cosmic struggle between a spirit of good, Spenta Mainyu, and a spirit of evil, Angra Mainyu.
15 letter words containing oas
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- immunoassayable — Suitable for immunoassay.
16 letter words containing oas
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- dehydroascorbate — (organic compound) Any salt or ester of dehydroascorbic acid.
- radioimmunoassay — a test procedure that integrates immunologic and radiolabeling techniques to measure minute quantities of a substance, as a protein, hormone, or drug, in a given sample of body fluid or tissue.
On this page, we collect all words with OAS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 170 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OAS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.