Words containing oak
3 letter words containing oak
- oak — any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Quercus, of the beech family, bearing the acorn as fruit.
4 letter words containing oak
- coak — (in a scarf joint) a tenon in one member fitting into a corresponding recess of the other.
- oaks — any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Quercus, of the beech family, bearing the acorn as fruit.
- oaky — Describing the taste of wine that has been aged in oak and acquired tannins from the wood.
- soak — to lie in and become saturated or permeated with water or some other liquid.
- yoak — Obsolete spelling of yoke.
5 letter words containing oak
- choak — Obsolete form of choke.
- cloak — A cloak is a long, loose, sleeveless piece of clothing which people used to wear over their other clothes when they went out.
- coaks — (in a scarf joint) a tenon in one member fitting into a corresponding recess of the other.
- croak — When a frog or bird croaks, it makes a harsh, low sound.
- oaked — (of wine) matured in an oak barrel or other container.
6 letter words containing oak
- bogoak — oak or other wood found preserved in peat bogs; bogwood
- cloaks — Plural form of cloak.
- croaks — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of croak.
- croaky — If someone's voice is croaky, it is low and rough.
- oakham — a market town in E central England, the administrative centre of Rutland. Pop: 9620 (2001)
7 letter words containing oak
- -soaked — -soaked combines with nouns such as 'rain' and 'blood' to form adjectives which describe someone or something that is extremely wet or extremely damp because of the thing mentioned.
- becloak — to dress (someone) in a cloak
- cloaked — Wearing a cloak.
- croaked — Simple past tense and past participle of croak.
- croaker — an animal, bird, etc, that croaks
8 letter words containing oak
9 letter words containing oak
10 letter words containing oak
11 letter words containing oak
- kingcroaker — The weakfish or sea trout.
12 letter words containing oak
- oak-panelled — having panels that are made of oak
13 letter words containing oak
- water-soaking — to soak or saturate with water.
15 letter words containing oak
- cloak-and-sword — (of a drama or work of fiction) dealing with characters who wear cloaks and swords; concerned with the customs and romance of the nobility in bygone times.
16 letter words containing oak
On this page, we collect all words with OAK. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 148 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OAK that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.