Words containing oa
3 letter words containing oa
- boa — A boa or a feather boa is a long soft scarf made of feathers or of short pieces of very light fabric.
- coa — coenzyme A
- doa — patient: dead on arrival
- goa — a former Portuguese overseas territory on the W coast of India, consisting of the districts of Gôa, Daman, and Diu: annexed by India December 1961. Capital: Gôa.
- koa — a Hawaiian acacia, Acacia koa, of the legume family, characterized by spreading branches and gray bark.
4 letter words containing oa
- anoa — the smallest of the cattle tribe Anoa depressicornis, having small straight horns and inhabiting the island of Celebes in Indonesia
- boac — British Overseas Airways Corporation
- boar — A boar or a wild boar is a wild pig.
- boas — Franz (frants). 1858–1942, US anthropologist, born in Germany. He made major contributions to cultural and linguistic anthropology in studies of North American Indians, including The Mind of Primitive Man (1911; 1938)
- boat — A boat is something in which people can travel across water.
5 letter words containing oa
- alloa — a town in E central Scotland, the administrative centre of Clackmannanshire. Pop: 18 989 (2001)
- bloat — to swell or cause to swell, as with a liquid, air, or wind
- board — A board is a flat, thin, rectangular piece of wood or plastic which is used for a particular purpose.
- boart — low-quality diamond, in granular aggregate or small fragments, valuable only in crushed or powdered form, especially for industrial use as an abrasive.
- boast — If someone boasts about something that they have done or that they own, they talk about it very proudly, in a way that other people may find irritating or offensive.
6 letter words containing oa
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
- acoasm — acouasm.
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- b-road — A B-road is a minor road.
7 letter words containing oa
- abinoam — the father of Barak. Judges 4:6; 12; 5:1.
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- airboat — a light, flat-bottomed boat driven by a propeller revolving in the air
- alagoas — a state in NE Brazil, on the Atlantic coast. Capital: Maceió. Pop: 2 887 535 (2002). Area: 30 776 sq km (11 031 sq miles)
- anyroad — anyway; anyhow.
8 letter words containing oa
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- airboard — an inflatable board resembling a bodyboard that is used in the sport of airboarding
- apoapsis — the point in an elliptical orbit which is farthest from the object being orbited
- approach — When you approach something, you get closer to it.
- arbroath — a port and resort in E Scotland, in Angus: scene of the barons of Scotland's declaration of independence to Pope John XXII in 1320. Pop: 22 785 (2001)
9 letter words containing oa
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- afterload — (physiology) The load on a working muscle from a constant opposing force.
- anthozoan — any of the solitary or colonial sessile marine coelenterates of the class Anthozoa, including the corals, sea anemones, and sea pens, in which the body is in the form of a polyp
- back-load — to defer to a later date, as wages, benefits, or costs: The union agreed to back-load pay raises.
- backboard — In basketball, the backboard is the flat board above each of the baskets.
10 letter words containing oa
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- actinozoan — anthozoan
- approached — to come near or nearer to: The cars slowed down as they approached the intersection.
- approacher — to come near or nearer to: The cars slowed down as they approached the intersection.
- astarboard — to or from the starboard side
11 letter words containing oa
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- airboarding — a snow sport in which participants slide down slopes headfirst lying flat on an inflatable board
- alloantigen — an antigen present in some but not all individuals of the same species, as those in different human blood groups.
- antifoaming — acting to prevent the formation of foam
- approaching — coming closer in time
12 letter words containing oa
- acetoacetate — (organic chemistry) Any salt or ester of acetoacetic acid.
- alloantibody — an antibody that reacts with an antigen from a genetically different individual of the same species.
- antipoaching — acting against or opposed to poaching
- approachable — If you describe someone as approachable, you think that they are friendly and easy to talk to.
- autoallogamy — the ability of some plants of a species to cross-pollinate and others to self-pollinate
13 letter words containing oa
- aeroacoustics — the study of the generation and transmittance of sound by fluid flow
- aminoaciduria — the presence of amino acids in urine
- anticoagulant — acting to prevent or impair coagulation, esp of blood
- apicoalveolar — articulated with the tip of the tongue in contact with or in approximation to the alveolar ridge.
- austroasiatic — a family of languages spoken in SE Asia and the landsaround the Bay of Bengal and consisting principally of Vietnamese, Khmer, Mon, Khasi, Nicobarese, and the Munda languages.
14 letter words containing oa
- anticoagulants — Also, anticoagulative [an-tee-koh-ag-yuh-ley-tiv, -luh-tiv, an-tahy-] /ˌæn ti koʊˈæg yəˌleɪ tɪv, -lə tɪv, ˌæn taɪ-/ (Show IPA). preventing coagulation, especially of blood.
- bioaeronautics — the use of aircraft in the discovery, development, and protection of natural and biological resources
- bioarchaeology — the branch of archaeology that deals with the remains of living things
- breech-loading — (of a firearm) loaded at the breech
- broad-spectrum — effective against a wide variety of diseases or microorganisms
15 letter words containing oa
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- bioaccumulation — the process in which industrial waste, toxic chemicals, etc. gradually accumulate in living tissue
- bioastronautics — the study of the effects of space flight on living organisms
- bioavailability — the extent to which a drug or other substance is taken up by a specific tissue or organ after administration; the proportion of the dose of a drug that reaches the systemic circulation intact after administration by a route other than intravenous
16 letter words containing oa
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
17 letter words containing oa
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- cardioaccelerator — a substance that increases the heart rate.
- dextroamphetamine — a dextrorotatory amphetamine, used to suppress appetite
- non-retroactivity — operative with respect to past occurrences, as a statute; retrospective: a retroactive law.
- paleoanthropology — the study of the origins and predecessors of the present human species, using fossils and other remains.
18 letter words containing oa
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- middle-of-the-road — favoring, following, or characterized by an intermediate position between two extremes, especially in politics; moderate.
- palaeoanthropology — the branch of anthropology concerned with primitive man
- pseudoappendicitis — inflammation of the vermiform appendix.
19 letter words containing oa
- paleoanthropologist — the study of the origins and predecessors of the present human species, using fossils and other remains.
On this page, we collect all words with OA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3520 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.