Words containing non
4 letter words containing non
- anon — Anon means quite soon.
- non- — Non- is used in front of adjectives and nouns to form adjectives that describe something as not having a particular quality or feature.
- nona — a disease of the liver that is clinically indistinguishable from hepatitis B but is caused by a retrovirus or retroviruslike agent.
5 letter words containing non
- agnon — Shmuel Yosef, real name Samuel Josef Czaczkes. 1888–1970, Israeli novelist, born in Austria-Hungary. His works, which treat contemporary Jewish themes, include The Day Before Yesterday (1945). Nobel prize for literature 1966
- banon — a small, round goat cheese from Provence, France, that is dipped in brandy before being wrapped in chestnut leaves.
- canon — A canon is a member of the clergy who is on the staff of a cathedral.
- conon — died a.d. 687, pope 686–687.
- fanon — Frantz (Omar) [frants oh-mahr;; French frahnts aw-mar] /frænts ˈoʊ mɑr;; French frɑ̃ts ɔˈmar/ (Show IPA), 1925–61, West Indian psychiatrist and political theorist, born in Martinique; in Algeria after 1953.
6 letter words containing non
- annona — a tropical shrub or tree, of the family Annonaceae, native to America
- anonym — an anonymous person or publication
- benoni — a city in NE South Africa: gold mines. Pop: 94 341 (2001)
- cannon — A cannon is a large gun, usually on wheels, which used to be used in battles.
- guenon — any of several long-tailed African monkeys, especially of the genus Cercopithecus, having a grizzled coat.
7 letter words containing non
- actinon — a radioisotope of radon that is a decay product of radium. Symbol: An or 219Rn; atomic no: 86; half-life: 3.92s
- al-anon — an association for the families and friends of alcoholics to give mutual support
- anonyms — an assumed or false name.
- avignon — a city in SE France, on the Rhône: seat of the papacy (1309–77); famous 12th-century bridge, now partly destroyed. Pop: 94 787 (2006)
- canonry — the office, benefice, or status of a canon
8 letter words containing non
- albinoni — Tomaso (toˈmaːzo). 1671–1750, Italian composer and violinist. He wrote concertos and over 50 operas
- algernon — a masculine name: dim. Algie, Algy
- amrinone — a potent substance, C 10 H 9 N 3 O, used in the treatment of congestive heart failure.
- bignonia — any tropical American bignoniaceous climbing shrub of the genus Bignonia (or Doxantha), cultivated for their trumpet-shaped yellow or reddish flowers
- butanone — a colourless soluble flammable liquid used mainly as a solvent for resins, as a paint remover, and in lacquers, cements, and adhesives. Formula: CH3COC2H5
9 letter words containing non
- agamemnon — a king of Mycenae who led the Greeks at the siege of Troy. On his return home he was murdered by his wife Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus
- anonychia — congenital absence of the nails.
- anonymity — the condition or fact of being anonymous
- anonymize — to carry out or organize in such a way as to preserve anonymity
- anonymous — If you remain anonymous when you do something, you do not let people know that you were the person who did it.
10 letter words containing non
- apodeipnon — compline.
- bournonite — a sulfide of lead, antimony, and copper, PbCuSbS 3 , occurring in gray to black crystals or granular masses.
- buononcini — Bononcini.
- cannonball — A cannonball is a heavy metal ball that is fired from a cannon.
- canonicals — the vestments worn by clergy when officiating
11 letter words containing non
- annonaceous — belonging to the plant family Annonaceae.
- anonymously — without any name acknowledged, as that of author, contributor, or the like: an anonymous letter to the editor; an anonymous donation.
- ashwaubenon — a town in E Wisconsin.
- bourguignon — a sauce made with red wine, onions, and seasoning
- cannon-ball — a missile, usually round and made of iron or steel, designed to be fired from a cannon.
12 letter words containing non
- acetophenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 8 O, having a sweet odor: used chiefly as a scent in the manufacture of perfume.
- anti-lebanon — a mountain range running north and south between Syria and Lebanon, east of the Lebanon Mountains. Highest peak: Mount Hermon, 2814 m (9232 ft)
- benzophenone — a white sweet-smelling crystalline solid used mainly in the manufacture of organic compounds and in perfume. Formula: C6H5COC6H5
- benzoquinone — a yellow crystalline water-soluble unsaturated ketone manufactured from aniline and used in the production of dyestuffs. Formula: C6H4O2
- bournonville — Auguste [French oh-gyst] /French oʊˈgüst/ (Show IPA), 1805–79, Danish ballet dancer and choreographer.
13 letter words containing non
- anonymousness — without any name acknowledged, as that of author, contributor, or the like: an anonymous letter to the editor; an anonymous donation.
- anthraquinone — a yellow crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes, esp anthraquinone dyes, which have excellent colour properties. Formula: C6H4(CO)2C6H4
- bignoniaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Bignoniaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees, shrubs, and lianas, including jacaranda, bignonia, and catalpa
- bourguignonne — Burgundy (def 5).
- butyrophenone — a drug used to treat psychiatric disorders
14 letter words containing non
- mononeuropathy — A neuropathy that affects only a single nerve (as distinguished from polyneuropathy).
- mononucleotide — (genetics) A single nucleotide.
- non-absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- non-acceptance — the act of taking or receiving something offered.
- non-accessible — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
15 letter words containing non
- methylheptenone — a colorless liquid, C 8 H 1 4 O, occurring in many essential oils and produced by synthesis: used in organic synthesis and in the manufacture of inexpensive perfumes.
- non-accountable — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- non-acquisitive — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- non-adjudicated — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
- non-adversarial — a person, group, or force that opposes or attacks; opponent; enemy; foe.
16 letter words containing non
- deuterocanonical — of or constituting a second or subsequent canon; specif., designating certain Biblical books accepted as canonical in the Roman Catholic Church, but held by Protestants to be apocryphal
- non-accumulative — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- non-alphabetical — in the order of the letters of the alphabet: alphabetical arrangement.
- non-apprehension — anticipation of adversity or misfortune; suspicion or fear of future trouble or evil.
- non-aristocratic — of or relating to government by an aristocracy.
17 letter words containing non
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- dihydromorphinone — a narcotic compound, C 17 H 19 O 3 N, prepared from morphine and used chiefly as an analgesic.
- non-accommodation — the act of accommodating; state or process of being accommodated; adaptation.
- non-argumentative — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- non-assignability — capable of being specified: The word has no assignable meaning in our language.
18 letter words containing non
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- non-accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- non-characteristic — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- non-circumstantial — of pertaining to, or derived from circumstances: a circumstantial result.
19 letter words containing non
- non-confidentiality — spoken, written, acted on, etc., in strict privacy or secrecy; secret: a confidential remark.
- non-confrontational — tending toward or ready for confrontation: They came to the meeting with a confrontational attitude.
- non-contemporaneous — living or occurring during the same period of time; contemporary.
- non-distinguishable — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- non-interventionism — abstention by a nation from interference in the affairs of other nations or in those of its own political subdivisions.
20 letter words containing non
- non-sensationalistic — subject matter, language, or style producing or designed to produce startling or thrilling impressions or to excite and please vulgar taste.
On this page, we collect all words with NON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3007 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains NON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.