Words containing ness
4 letter words containing ness
- ness — a headland; promontory; cape.
6 letter words containing ness
- inness — the state or quality of being fashionable: the in-ness of his new wardrobe.
- nesses — a headland; promontory; cape.
- nessie — Loch Ness monster.
- nessus — a centaur who, on attempting to seduce Deianira, the wife of Hercules, was shot by Hercules with a poisoned arrow. Before Nessus died, he gave to Deianira the poisoned tunic that ultimately caused Hercules' death.
7 letter words containing ness
- allness — the state of being comprehensive or all-embracing
- aptness — inclined; disposed; given; prone: too apt to slander others.
- badness — not good in any manner or degree.
- bigness — the fact or condition of being large in size, extent, amount, etc.
- coyness — artfully or affectedly shy or reserved; slyly hesitant; coquettish.
8 letter words containing ness
- achiness — a constant, dull pain
- airiness — the quality or condition of being fresh, light, or breezy
- archness — the quality of being arch, or saucily mischievous
- baldness — having little or no hair on the scalp: a bald head; a bald person.
- bareness — without covering or clothing; naked; nude: bare legs.
9 letter words containing ness
- acuteness — sharp or severe in effect; intense: acute sorrow; an acute pain.
- adeptness — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- agileness — the quality of being agile
- alertness — fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
- aliveness — having life; living; existing; not dead or lifeless.
10 letter words containing ness
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absurdness — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- activeness — engaged in action; characterized by energetic work, participation, etc.; busy: an active life.
- adroitness — expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
- artfulness — slyly crafty or cunning; deceitful; tricky: artful schemes.
11 letter words containing ness
- absentness' — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- airsickness — a feeling of nausea and dizziness, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, as a result of the motion of the aircraft in which one is traveling.
- amorousness — inclined or disposed to love, especially sexual love: an amorous disposition.
- anxiousness — full of mental distress or uneasiness because of fear of danger or misfortune; greatly worried; solicitous: Her parents were anxious about her poor health.
12 letter words containing ness
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
13 letter words containing ness
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- agreeableness — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- airworthiness — (of an aircraft) meeting established standards for safe flight; equipped and maintained in condition to fly.
- ambiguousness — open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an ambiguous answer.
14 letter words containing ness
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- applicableness — applying or capable of being applied; relevant; suitable; appropriate: an applicable rule; a solution that is applicable to the problem.
- articulateness — uttered clearly in distinct syllables.
- artificialness — the condition of being non-natural, unnatural or spurious
15 letter words containing ness
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- appropriateness — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- bloodguiltiness — guilty of murder or bloodshed.
16 letter words containing ness
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
- bright-blindness — blindness occurring in sheep grazing pastures heavily infested with bracken
- cantankerousness — disagreeable to deal with; contentious; peevish: a cantankerous, argumentative man.
- conciliatoriness — tending to conciliate: a conciliatory manner; conciliatory comments.
17 letter words containing ness
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
- barrow-in-furness — an industrial town in NW England, in S Cumbria. Pop: 47 194 (2001)
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- complementariness — forming a complement; completing.
18 letter words containing ness
20 letter words containing ness
- philoprogenitiveness — producing offspring, especially abundantly; prolific.
21 letter words containing ness
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing ness
- mind-your-own-business — baby's-tears.
23 letter words containing ness
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words with NESS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3774 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains NESS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.