Words containing ne
4 letter words containing ne
- acne — If someone has acne, they have a skin condition which causes a lot of spots on their face and neck.
- anes — once.
- anew — If you do something anew, you do it again, often in a different way from before.
- anne — Princess, the Princess Royal. born 1950, daughter of Elizabeth II of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; a noted horsewoman and president of the Save the Children Fund
- aone — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
5 letter words containing ne
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abner — a masculine name
- agnel — a gold coin of France of the 13th–16th centuries, bearing the figure of a lamb.
- agnes — Saint. ?292–?304 ad, Christian child martyr under Diocletian. Feast day: Jan 21
- agnew — Spiro (ˈspɪərəʊ) Theodore. 1918–96, US Republican politician; vice president (1969–73)
6 letter words containing ne
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- aarnet — Australian Academic Research Network
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- adnexa — adjoining organs, esp of the uterus
- aeneas — a Trojan prince, the son of Anchises and Aphrodite, who escaped the sack of Troy and sailed to Italy via Carthage and Sicily. After seven years, he and his followers established themselves near the site of the future Rome
7 letter words containing ne
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- acarine — any of numerous arachnids of the order Acarina, comprising the mites and ticks.
- acetone — Acetone is a type of solvent.
- acnemia — a condition characterized by atrophy of the muscles of the calf of the leg.
8 letter words containing ne
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- abnegate — to deny to oneself; renounce (privileges, pleasure, etc)
- acauline — having no stem
- achenese — Atjehnese.
9 letter words containing ne
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
10 letter words containing ne
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- abnegation — a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial; renunciation
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
11 letter words containing ne
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- absentness' — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- accipitrine — of, relating to, or resembling a hawk; rapacious
12 letter words containing ne
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
13 letter words containing ne
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
14 letter words containing ne
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
15 letter words containing ne
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
16 letter words containing ne
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words containing ne
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing ne
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing ne
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing ne
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
On this page, we collect all words with NE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24883 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains NE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.