Words containing nap
3 letter words containing nap
- nap — to sleep for a short time; doze.
4 letter words containing nap
- -nap — to seize and carry away; steal
- knap — a crest or summit of a small hill.
- napa — a very soft glove leather made from the skin of a sheep, kid, or goat.
- nape — the back of the neck (usually used in the phrase nape of the neck).
- napo — a South American river flowing from central Ecuador through NE Peru to the Amazon River. about 700 miles (1125 km) long.
5 letter words containing nap
6 letter words containing nap
- canape — Canapés are small pieces of biscuit or toast with food such as meat, cheese, or pâté on top. They are often served with drinks at parties.
- carnap — Rudolf. 1891–1970, US logical positivist philosopher, born in Germany: attempted to construct a formal language for the empirical sciences that would eliminate ambiguity
- catnap — A catnap is a short sleep, usually one which you have during the day.
- conapt — (science fiction) a condominium apartment.
- dognap — to steal (a dog), especially for the purpose of selling it for profit.
7 letter words containing nap
- anapest — a metrical foot consisting, in Greek and Latin verse, of two short syllables followed by a long one, or, as in English, of two unaccented syllables followed by an accented one
- anaphor — a word or phrase used to refer back to a previous word or phrase
- anapsid — belonging or pertaining to the Anapsida, a subclass of reptiles, extinct except for the turtles, characterized by having no opening in the temporal region of the skull.
- canapes — Plural form of canape.
- catnaps — Plural form of catnap.
8 letter words containing nap
- anapaest — a metrical foot of three syllables, the first two short, the last long (◡ ◡ –)
- anapests — Plural form of anapest.
- anaphase — the third stage of mitosis, during which the chromatids separate and migrate towards opposite ends of the spindle
- anaphora — the use of a word such as a pronoun that has the same reference as a word previously used in the same discourse. In the sentence John wrote the essay in the library but Peter did it at home, both did and it are examples of anaphora
- anapolis — a city in central Brazil.
9 letter words containing nap
- anapaests — Plural form of anapaest.
- anapestic — a foot of three syllables, two short followed by one long in quantitative meter, and two unstressed followed by one stressed in accentual meter, as in for the nonce.
- anaphasic — relating to the third stage in cell division
- anaphoral — relating to the prayer of oblation and consecration performed during Holy Communion
- anaphoras — Plural form of anaphora.
10 letter words containing nap
11 letter words containing nap
- anaphoresis — the movement of suspended charged particles towards the anode in an electric field
- anaphorical — of or relating to an anaphora
- anaphylaxis — extreme sensitivity to an injected antigen, esp a protein, following a previous injection
- anaplerosis — the filling up of a scar, wound, etc which has decayed or been destroyed
- anaplerotic — of or relating to anaplerosis
12 letter words containing nap
- acenaphthene — (organic compound) A hydrocarbon, found in coal tar, derived from naphthalene by the addition of a short aliphatic bridge.
- anapaestical — belonging to the form of poetry which uses a reversed dactyl consisting of two short syllables followed by a long one
- anaphrodisia — diminished sexual desire.
- anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anaplasmosis — a disease of cattle caused by a blood-infecting protozoan parasite, Anaplasma marginale, transmitted by bloodsucking flies and ticks.
13 letter words containing nap
- anaphorically — referring back to or substituting for a preceding word or group of words: anaphoric reference.
- anaphrodisiac — tending to lessen sexual desire
- anaphylactoid — Of, pertaining to, or resembling anaphylaxis.
- beta-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- hexanaphthene — cyclohexane.
14 letter words containing nap
- alpha-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- antikidnapping — Preventing or countering kidnapping.
- inappositeness — The state or quality of not being apposite.
- inappreciative — not appreciative; lacking in appreciation.
- inapprehension — lack of apprehension.
15 letter words containing nap
- inapplicability — (uncountable) The state of being inapplicable.
- inapprehensible — That cannot be apprehended; not apprehensible to or graspable by either body or mind.
- inappropriately — not appropriate; not proper or suitable: an inappropriate dress for the occasion.
- napier-hastings — a seaport on E North Island, in New Zealand.
- presynaptically — in a presynaptic manner
16 letter words containing nap
17 letter words containing nap
- acenaphthoquinone — (organic compound) A polycyclic aromatic quinone derived from acenaphthene, used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- chloronaphthalene — either of two isomeric naphthalene compounds containing one chlorine atom.
- inappropriateness — not appropriate; not proper or suitable: an inappropriate dress for the occasion.
- methylnaphthalene — a compound, C 1 1 H 1 0 , whose alpha isomer, a colorless liquid, is used in determining cetane numbers.
18 letter words containing nap
20 letter words containing nap
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
On this page, we collect all words with NAP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 391 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains NAP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.