Words containing myc
6 letter words containing myc
- -mycin — indicating an antibiotic compound derived from a fungus
- amycus — a son of Poseidon and one of the Meliae, known for his ruthlessness and his skill at boxing.
- mycale — a promontory in W Asia Minor, in present-day W Turkey, opposite Samos: site of a Persian defeat by the Greeks in 479 b.c.
- mycele — one of many microfibres in cervical mucus through which sperm must pass to reach the uterus
- mycol. — mycological
7 letter words containing myc
8 letter words containing myc
- -mycetes — the scientific name of a (specified) class of fungi or slime molds
- mycelial — Of or pertaining to the mycelium.
- mycelium — the mass of hyphae that form the vegetative part of a fungus.
- mycetism — poisoning due to mushrooms.
- mycetoma — a chronic tumorous infection caused by any of various soil-dwelling fungi, usually affecting the foot.
9 letter words containing myc
- antimycin — an antibiotic drug active against various fungi
- bleomycin — a glycopeptide antibiotic drug used in the treatment of cancer and Hodgkin's Disease
- kanamycin — An aminoglycoside antibiotic marketed under the trade name Kantrex.
- mitomycin — any of the antibiotics that come from Streptomyces caespitosus
- mummychog — Alternative form of mummichog.
10 letter words containing myc
- achromycin — tetracycline
- adriamycin — a trade name of the anticancer drug doxorubicin
- ascomycete — any fungus of the phylum Ascomycota (formerly class Ascomycetes) in which the spores (ascospores) are formed inside a club-shaped cell (ascus). The group includes yeast, penicillium, aspergillus, truffles, and certain mildews
- aureomycin — chlortetracycline
- daunomycin — an anthracycline drug that is used as a medication in the treatment of some forms of cancer
11 letter words containing myc
- actinomyces — a genus of bacteria that causes disease in humans and improves soil ecology
- actinomycin — any of several toxic antibiotics obtained from bacteria of the genus Streptomyces, used in treating some cancers; the most commonly used is dactinomycin (actinomycin D)
- antimycotic — That inhibits the growth of fungi; antifungal.
- ascomycetes — any fungus of the phylum Ascomycota (or class Ascomycetes), including the molds and truffles, characterized by bearing the sexual spores in a sac (as distinguished from basidiomycete).
- clindamycin — an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections
12 letter words containing myc
- actinomycete — any bacterium of the group Actinomycetes, usually filamentous in form
- actinomycins — Plural form of actinomycin.
- ascomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the Ascomycota.
- azithromycin — A macrolide antibiotic derived from erythromycin.
- blastomycete — any of a genus (Blastomyces) of yeastlike imperfect fungi that cause diseases in people and animals
13 letter words containing myc
- actinomycetes — Plural form of actinomycete.
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- basidiomycete — any fungus of the phylum Basidiomycota (formerly class Basidiomycetes), in which the spores are produced in basidia. The group includes boletes, puffballs, smuts, and rusts
- blastomycosis — a fungal infection particularly affecting the lungs
- botryomycosis — a disease, usually of horses, caused by a bacterial infection (usually, Staphylococcus aureus) producing tumorous growths esp. after castration or a wound or injury
14 letter words containing myc
- actinomycetous — of or relating to the actinomycetes
- basidiomycetes — Mycology. any of a group of fungi constituting the phylum Basidiomycota of the kingdom Fungi (or, in older classification schemes, the class Basidiomycetes of the kingdom Plantae), characterized by bearing the spores on a basidium, including the smuts, rust, mushrooms, and puffballs.
- dermatomycoses — a superficial fungal infection of the skin.
- dermatomycosis — a superficial fungal infection of the skin.
- deuteromycetes — any fungus of the class Fungi Imperfecti.
15 letter words containing myc
16 letter words containing myc
- chytridiomycosis — An infectious disease of amphibians caused by the chytrid fungus.
17 letter words containing myc
- antimycobacterial — (medicine) That counteracts the effects of mycobacteria.
18 letter words containing myc
- coccidioidomycosis — a disease of the skin or viscera, esp the lungs, caused by infection with the fungus Coccidioides immitis
19 letter words containing myc
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
22 letter words containing myc
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
On this page, we collect all words with MYC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 154 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MYC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.