Words containing my
2 letter words containing my
- my — (used to denote the narrator of a literary work written in the first person singular).
3 letter words containing my
4 letter words containing my
- amyl — of, consisting of, or containing any of eight isomeric forms of the monovalent group C5H11-
- army — An army is a large organized group of people who are armed and trained to fight on land in a war. Most armies are organized and controlled by governments.
- demy — a size of printing paper, 171⁄2 by 221⁄2 inches (444.5 × 571.5 mm)
- elmy — (rare, poetic) Pertaining to elm trees; in which elms grow.
- fumy — emitting or full of fumes; fumelike.
5 letter words containing my
- agamy — the absence of a rule dictating marriage choices within a social group.
- amyl- — amylo-
- amyss — A hood or cape.
- anomy — a state or condition of individuals or society characterized by a breakdown or absence of social norms and values, as in the case of uprooted people.
- atomy — an atom or minute particle
6 letter words containing my
7 letter words containing my
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- amyclas — a son of Lacedaemon and Sparta.
- amyelia — congenital absence of the spinal cord.
- amylase — any of several enzymes that hydrolyse starch and glycogen to simple sugars, such as glucose. They are present in saliva
8 letter words containing my
- aeronomy — the science of the earth's upper atmosphere
- agronomy — the science of cultivation of land, soil management, and crop production
- allogamy — cross-fertilization in flowering plants
- amyelous — congenital absence of the spinal cord.
- amygdala — an almond-shaped part, such as a tonsil or a lobe of the cerebellum
9 letter words containing my
- adenotomy — (anatomy) Dissection of, or incision into, a gland or glands.
- amniotomy — the artificial rupturing of the fetal membranes by a doctor or midwife to induce or expedite labour
- amygdalae — Plural form of amygdala.
- amygdalic — of almonds.
- amygdalin — a white soluble bitter-tasting crystalline glycoside extracted from bitter almonds and stone fruits such as peaches and apricots. Formula: C6H5CHCNOC12H21O10
10 letter words containing my
- achromycin — tetracycline
- actomyosin — a complex protein in skeletal muscle that is formed by actin and myosin and which, when stimulated, shortens to cause muscle contraction
- adenectomy — surgical removal of a gland
- adriamycin — a trade name of the anticancer drug doxorubicin
- amygdalate — relating to, having, or bearing almonds
11 letter words containing my
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- actinomyces — a genus of bacteria that causes disease in humans and improves soil ecology
- actinomycin — any of several toxic antibiotics obtained from bacteria of the genus Streptomyces, used in treating some cancers; the most commonly used is dactinomycin (actinomycin D)
- adenomyosis — (medicine) A medical condition characterized by the presence of ectopic glandular tissue in the surrounding muscles, particularly of the endometrial tissue of the uterus in the myometrium, sometimes considered as a form of endometriosis.
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
12 letter words containing my
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- actinomycete — any bacterium of the group Actinomycetes, usually filamentous in form
- actinomycins — Plural form of actinomycin.
- alveolectomy — The surgical reshaping of the alveolar ridge to facilitate dental prosthesis.
- amygdaliform — almond-shaped.
13 letter words containing my
- actinomycetes — Plural form of actinomycete.
- actinomycosis — a fungal disease of cattle and of cats and dogs, sometimes transmitted to humans esp by bites, characterized by a swelling of the affected part, most often the jaw or lungs
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
14 letter words containing my
- amylobarbitone — Obsolete spelling of amobarbital.
- angiomyolipoma — (medicine) A common benign tumour of the kidney.
- appendicectomy — surgical removal of any appendage, esp the vermiform appendix
- basidiomycetes — Mycology. any of a group of fungi constituting the phylum Basidiomycota of the kingdom Fungi (or, in older classification schemes, the class Basidiomycetes of the kingdom Plantae), characterized by bearing the spores on a basidium, including the smuts, rust, mushrooms, and puffballs.
- cardiomyopathy — a disease of the heart muscle usually caused by a biochemical defect or a toxin such as alcohol
15 letter words containing my
- angiomyolipomas — Plural form of angiomyolipoma.
- archaeastronomy — (astronomy, archaeology) The historical, especially archeological, study of astronomy; the study of the astronomical systems and methods of ancient cultures often embracing the astrology and cosmology of the past.
- archeoastronomy — the branch of archaeology that deals with the apparent use by prehistoric civilizations of astronomical techniques to establish the seasons or the cycle of the year, especially as evidenced in the construction of megaliths and other ritual structures.
- basidiomycetous — belonging or pertaining to the basidiomycetes.
- cholecystectomy — surgical removal of the gall bladder
16 letter words containing my
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- chytridiomycosis — An infectious disease of amphibians caused by the chytrid fungus.
- dacryocystectomy — The surgical removal of a part of the lacrimal sac.
- diverticulectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a diverticulum.
- electromyographs — Plural form of electromyograph.
17 letter words containing my
- antimycobacterial — (medicine) That counteracts the effects of mycobacteria.
- chemopallidectomy — an operation for treating Parkinson's disease and certain other diseases characterized by muscular rigidity, consisting of destroying a specific part of the corpus striatum by injecting it with a chemical, usually alcohol.
- demythologization — The act of demythologizing, or something demythologized.
- electromyographic — Using electromyography.
- encephalomyelitic — Relating to encephalomyelitis.
18 letter words containing my
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- coccidioidomycosis — a disease of the skin or viscera, esp the lungs, caused by infection with the fungus Coccidioides immitis
- domremy-la-pucelle — a village in Lorraine, NE France, SW of Nancy: birthplace of Joan of Arc.
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
19 letter words containing my
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
21 letter words containing my
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
- electromyographically — By means of, or in terms of, electromyography.
22 letter words containing my
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
On this page, we collect all words with MY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1544 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.