Words containing mu
2 letter words containing mu
- mu — a legendary lost continent supposed to have sunk into the SW Pacific Ocean at about the same time that Atlantis disappeared into the Atlantic Ocean.
3 letter words containing mu
- amu — atomic mass unit
- imu — a usually large, covered cooking pit in which food is cooked by means of heated stones.
- mud — wet, soft earth or earthy matter, as on the ground after rain, at the bottom of a pond, or along the banks of a river; mire.
- mug — a drinking cup, usually cylindrical in shape, having a handle, and often of a heavy substance, as earthenware.
- mum — silent; not saying a word: to keep mum.
4 letter words containing mu
- amur — a river in NE Asia, rising in N Mongolia as the Argun and flowing southeast, then northeast to the Sea of Okhotsk: forms the boundary between Manchuria and Russia. Length: about 4350 km (2700 miles)
- bmus — Bachelor of Music
- bomu — a river in central Africa, rising in the SE Central African Republic and flowing west into the Uele River, forming the Ubangi River. Length: about 800 km (500 miles)
- dmus — Doctor of Music
- gpmu — Graphical, Paper and Media Union
5 letter words containing mu
- almug — a type of tree or wood mentioned in the Bible, thought to be a variety of sandalwood
- amuck — amok
- amuse — If something amuses you, it makes you want to laugh or smile.
- camus — Albert (albɛr). 1913–60, French novelist, dramatist, and essayist, noted for his pessimistic portrayal of man's condition of isolation in an absurd world: author of the novels L'Étranger (1942) and La Peste (1947), the plays Le Malentendu (1945) and Caligula (1946), and the essays Le Mythe de Sisyphe (1942) and L'Homme révolté (1951): Nobel prize for literature 1957
- chimu — a member of an Amerindian people inhabiting the northern coast of Peru and having a highly developed urban culture that lasted until its destruction by the Incas.
6 letter words containing mu
- almuce — a fur-lined hood or cape formerly worn by members of certain religious orders, more recently by canons of France
- amugis — a Philippine tree, Koordersiodendron pinnatum, of the cashew family.
- amulet — An amulet is a small object that you wear or carry because you think it will bring you good luck and protect you from evil or injury.
- amurca — the lees or sediment of olive oil.
- amused — If you are amused by something, it makes you want to laugh or smile.
7 letter words containing mu
- amulius — a son of Proca who revolted against his brother Numitor and seized the throne of Alba Longa.
- amusing — Someone or something that is amusing makes you laugh or smile.
- amusive — deceptive, illusive
- azimuth — the angular distance usually measured clockwise from the north point of the horizon to the intersection with the horizon of the vertical circle passing through a celestial body
- bakhmut — former name of Artemovsk.
8 letter words containing mu
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- amundsen — Roald (ˈrɔald). 1872–1928, Norwegian explorer and navigator, who was the first man to reach the South Pole (1911)
- amusable — capable of being amused
- amusedly — in a way that shows one is amused
- antimuon — the antiparticle of a muon
9 letter words containing mu
- amusement — Amusement is the feeling that you have when you think that something is funny or amusing.
- amusingly — pleasantly entertaining or diverting: an amusing speaker.
- azimuthal — Astronomy, Navigation. the arc of the horizon measured clockwise from the south point, in astronomy, or from the north point, in navigation, to the point where a vertical circle through a given heavenly body intersects the horizon.
- ballismus — a condition characterized by twisting, shaking, and jerking motions.
- bemusedly — bewildered or confused: a bemused expression on his face.
10 letter words containing mu
- accumulate — When you accumulate things or when they accumulate, they collect or are gathered over a period of time.
- almucantar — a circle on the celestial sphere parallel to the horizontal plane
- altazimuth — an instrument for measuring the altitude and azimuth of a celestial body by the horizontal and vertical rotation of a telescope
- ammunition — Ammunition is bullets and rockets that are made to be fired from guns.
- amphinomus — Penelope's favorite suitor.
11 letter words containing mu
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulator — a rechargeable device for storing electrical energy in the form of chemical energy, consisting of one or more separate secondary cells
- altocumulus — a globular cloud at an intermediate height of about 2400 to 6000 metres (8000 to 20 000 feet)
- ammunitions — the material fired, scattered, dropped, or detonated from any weapon, as bombs or rockets, and especially shot, shrapnel, bullets, or shells fired by guns.
- antemundane — pertaining to that which existed or occurred before the creation of world
12 letter words containing mu
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- accumulation — An accumulation of something is a large number of things which have been collected together or acquired over a period of time.
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- amuse-bouche — an appetizer before a meal
- amuse-gueule — amuse-bouche.
13 letter words containing mu
- amphithalamus — (in an ancient Greek house) a room adjoining the thalamus.
- anticommunist — (initial capital letter) a member of the Communist Party or movement.
- antimutagenic — capable of reducing the frequency of mutation.
- archeptolemus — (in the Iliad) the son of Iphitus who served as a charioteer for Hector.
- bioaccumulate — (of substances, esp toxins) to build up within the tissues of organisms
14 letter words containing mu
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- anti-communist — a person who is opposed to Communism
- anti-smuggling — to import or export (goods) secretly, in violation of the law, especially without payment of legal duty.
- anti-stimulant — Physiology, Medicine/Medical. something that temporarily quickens some vital process or the functional activity of some organ or part: Adrenalin is a stimulant for the heart. Compare depressant (def 4).
- communications — the ways in which human beings communicate
15 letter words containing mu
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
- bioaccumulation — the process in which industrial waste, toxic chemicals, etc. gradually accumulate in living tissue
- communicability — capable of being easily communicated or transmitted: communicable information; a communicable disease.
- communicational — relating to or characterized by communication
- communicatively — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
16 letter words containing mu
- autoimmunization — antibody production by an organism in response to and against any of its own tissues, cells, or cell components.
- commutation-test — the act of substituting one thing for another; substitution; exchange.
- high-muck-a-muck — an important, influential, or high-ranking person, especially one who is pompous or conceited.
- hyperaccumulator — a plant that absorbs toxins, such as heavy metals, to a greater concentration than that in the soil in which it is growing
- hyperstimulation — to rouse to action or effort, as by encouragement or pressure; spur on; incite: to stimulate his interest in mathematics.
17 letter words containing mu
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- immunocompromised — having an impaired or compromised immune response; immunodeficient.
- immunodiagnostics — the determination of immunologic characteristics of individuals, cells, and other biologic entities.
- immunosuppressant — (pharmacology) Capable of immunosuppression, immunosuppressive.
- immunosuppression — the inhibition of the normal immune response because of disease, the administration of drugs, or surgery.
18 letter words containing mu
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- immunohistological — the microscopic study of tissues with the aid of antibodies that bind to tissue components and reveal their presence.
- immunopharmacology — the branch of pharmacology concerned with the immune system
- intercommunication — to communicate mutually, as people.
- mucopolysaccharide — (formerly) glycosaminoglycan.
19 letter words containing mu
20 letter words containing mu
- immunohistochemistry — the application of immunologic techniques to the chemical analysis of cells and tissues.
21 letter words containing mu
- humuhumunukunukuapuaa — either of two triggerfishes, especially Rhinecantus aculeatus, of Indo-Pacific coral reefs.
- immunoelectrophoresis — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- immunoelectrophoretic — a technique for the separation and identification of mixtures of proteins, consisting of electrophoresis followed by immunodiffusion.
- mucopolysaccharidosis — Any of a group of metabolic disorders caused by the absence or malfunction of lysosomal enzymes needed to break down glycosaminoglycans.
23 letter words containing mu
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with MU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3824 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.