Words containing metr
5 letter words containing metr
- metr- — metro-2
- metra — (medicine) The uterus.
- metre — an instrument for measuring, especially one that automatically measures and records the quantity of something, as of gas, water, miles, or time, when it is activated.
- metro — the underground electric railway of Paris, France, Montreal, Canada, Washington, D.C., and other cities.
6 letter words containing metr
- -metry — indicating the process or science of measuring
- metred — an instrument for measuring, especially one that automatically measures and records the quantity of something, as of gas, water, miles, or time, when it is activated.
- metres — Plural form of metre.
- metric — software metric
- metro- — indicating the uterus
7 letter words containing metr
- ammetre — (nonstandard, and, now, obsolete) Alternative form of ammeter.
- metrics — Mathematics. a nonnegative real-valued function having properties analogous to those of the distance between points on a real line, as the distance between two points being independent of the order of the points, the distance between two points being zero if, and only if, the two points coincide, and the distance between two points being less than or equal to the sum of the distances from each point to an arbitrary third point.
- metrify — to put into meter; compose in verse.
- metrist — a person who is skilled in the use of poetic meters.
- metrize — to find a metric for (a topological space for which the metric topology is the given topology).
8 letter words containing metr
- biometry — the analysis of biological data using mathematical and statistical methods
- diametre — Alternative form of diameter.
- dimetric — (in technical drawing) denoting or incorporating a method of showing projection or perspective using a set of three geometric axes, of which two are of the same scale or dimension but the third is of another.
- geometry — the branch of mathematics that deals with the deduction of the properties, measurement, and relationships of points, lines, angles, and figures in space from their defining conditions by means of certain assumed properties of space.
- isometry — equality of measure.
9 letter words containing metr
- aerometry — an instrument for determining the weight, density, etc., of air or other gases.
- algometry — a device for determining sensitiveness to pain caused by pressure.
- allometry — the study of the growth of part of an organism in relation to the growth of the entire organism
- altimetre — (nonstandard, and, now, largely obsolete) Alternative form of altimeter.
- altimetry — the science of measuring altitudes, as with an altimeter
10 letter words containing metr
- acidimetry — the determination of the amount of acid present in a solution, measured by an acidimeter or by volumetric analysis
- aerometric — Describing any measurement of a physical property of air (or other gases), but especially of temperature, pressure and velocity.
- allometric — Of or pertaining to allometry.
- altimetric — Of or pertaining to altimetry.
- anemometry — the technique of measuring wind speed and direction
11 letter words containing metr
- acidimetric — (chemistry) Describing a titration in which the titrant is an acid.
- actinometry — The measurement of the heating power of electromagnetic radiation, especially that of solar radiation.
- alkalimetry — determination of the amount of alkali or base in a solution, measured by an alkalimeter or by volumetric analysis
- anisometric — not isometric; having unsymmetrical parts or unequal measurements
- araeometric — relating to araeometry
12 letter words containing metr
- actinometric — Of or pertaining to actinometry.
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- antisymmetry — the correspondence in size, form, and arrangement of parts on opposite sides of a plane, line, or point; regularity of form or arrangement in terms of like, reciprocal, or corresponding parts.
- archaeometry — the use of science and modern technology in archaeology to examine and interpret archaeological remains
- asymmetrical — Something that is asymmetrical has two sides or halves that are different in shape, size, or style.
13 letter words containing metr
- alcoholometry — the process of measuring the concentration of alcohol in a liquid, such as in blood or a liquor
- anisometropia — an imbalance in the power of the two eyes to refract light
- anisometropic — relating to anisometropia
- anthropometry — the comparative study of sizes and proportions of the human body
- antisymmetric — (of a relation) never holding between a pair of arguments x and y when it holds between y and x except when x = y, as "…is no younger than…"
14 letter words containing metr
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
- archaeometrist — a person who uses archaeometry
- asymmetrically — not identical on both sides of a central line; unsymmetrical; lacking symmetry: Most faces are asymmetric.
- barometrically — By means of a barometer.
15 letter words containing metr
- anthropometrics — the science of measuring the size and proportions of the human body (called anthropometry), especially as applied to the design of furniture and machines.
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
- bathymetrically — In a bathymetric way.
- centrosymmetric — having symmetry with a central point
- conductiometric — conductometric
16 letter words containing metr
- anthropometrical — Pertaining to anthropometry.
- calorimetrically — In a calorimetric manner.
- colorimetrically — (analytical chemistry) By means of colorimetry or by using a colorimeter.
- menometrorrhagia — (pathology) Excessive uterine bleeding occurring outside of the normal menstrual period.
- microphotometric — of, involving, or relating to microphotometry
17 letter words containing metr
- nephelometrically — By means of nephelometry.
- nonstoichiometric — (of a solid compound) having a composition in which the ratio of the atoms present is not a simple integer
- spectrophotometry — an instrument for making photometric comparisons between parts of spectra.
- variable-geometry — denoting an aircraft in which the wings are hinged to give the variable aspect ratio colloquially known as a swing-wing
18 letter words containing metr
19 letter words containing metr
22 letter words containing metr
On this page, we collect all words with METR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 608 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains METR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.